STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What are your stats and what are your goals? Do you want to gain strength, or are you just going for overall fitness? Is aesthetics your goal? What type of aesthetics are you seeking?

There are tons of training programs out there, got to know your destination prior to starting on your path.

What are your stats and what are your goals? Do you want to gain strength, or are you just going for overall fitness? Is aesthetics your goal? What type of aesthetics are you seeking?

There are tons of training programs out there, got to know your destination prior to starting on your path.

Explain stats for me?

Goals, I'm in pretty good shape, and have natural size to me. I am just aiming for more strength, aesthetics and conditioning. Aesthetics, pertaining to the normative.. larger, defined arms and chest.

well, since you're pretty new to working out, i'd suggest you start off doing Starting Strength.

do a 3 day split with compound movements

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Power cleans or Pendlay Rows

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

So week 1 might look like:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday - Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

You're aiming to lift a set weight for that workout and then up the weight the next time you hit it again.
example: you warm up and get to 225lbs Squatting. you do 5 reps per set. The next time you hit squat, you want to get your WORKING SET to 230-235. pretty much a linear progression.

Last edited:
well, since you're pretty new to working out, i'd suggest you start off doing Starting Strength.

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

So week 1 might look like:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday - Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

You're aiming to lift a set weight for that workout and then up the weight the next time you hit it again.
example: you warm up and get to 225lbs Squatting. you do 5 reps per set. The next time you hit squat, you want to get your WORKING SET to 230-235. pretty much a linear progression.

see this what I'm tryna get my dude to see.... I've never seen him workout, but we've been together about 4-5 months and I'm not noticing any muscle definition gains... I'm thinking cuz his workout isn't structured and it's kinda fly by night. He's lot a lotta weight but now he looks disproportionate almost.

right :\ I love him dearly, and I'm SO proud of his weight loss... he's getting compliments left and right from ppl at work etc. and I don't wanna seem like a ***** who is just constantly pushing him.

He needs a dude to put fire up under him :lol: I almost wish he had a workout buddy, but his only friend who is in moderate shape kinda does his own thing, and I DEF don't wanna be like "oh you should work out with _____ cuz his body looks good" . That's way outta pocket

right :\ I love him dearly, and I'm SO proud of his weight loss... he's getting compliments left and right from ppl at work etc. and I don't wanna seem like a ***** who is just constantly pushing him.

He needs a dude to put fire up under him :lol: I almost wish he had a workout buddy, but his only friend who is in moderate shape kinda does his own thing, and I DEF don't wanna be like "oh you should work out with _____ cuz his body looks good" . That's way outta pocket

Try not to be so shallow, the man has dropped weight, that's a feat on itself, positive reinforcement is better than passing judgement because he isn't getting cut up, is not as easy to gain muscle definition for some guys....specially ones that just dropped weight.

see this what I'm tryna get my dude to see.... I've never seen him workout, but we've been together about 4-5 months and I'm not noticing any muscle definition gains... I'm thinking cuz his workout isn't structured and it's kinda fly by night. He's lot a lotta weight but now he looks disproportionate almost.

Dump em. Problem solved. You don't even sound like you attracted to em anymore.

Brahs I been lifting no gloves for almost a month and these callouses are forming are they suppose to harden or what? Joints are mad sensitive where I can barely grip 300 on deadlift and I was doing calf raises with 85 DBs in each hand and it was painful as heck

Brahs I been lifting no gloves for almost a month and these callouses are forming are they suppose to harden or what? Joints are mad sensitive where I can barely grip 300 on deadlift and I was doing calf raises with 85 DBs in each hand and it was painful as heck

Only one way grow new skin after an epic rip :lol:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat

The problem with something like this is that its typically not a good idea to recommend difficult compound lifts to a novice exerciser. Its the dichotomy of a program like starting strength.

What snacks are you guys eating? Particularly the working professionals.

Some days I get really hungry and cave in at the vending machine. Our machine is a "healthier" one, ie nothing really above 300 cals but it is the feeling of mental defeat that gets me more than anything.

raw almonds, cashews, hulled pumpkin seeds, plain nf greek yogurt and a banana, apple, pretzels from the machine if I don't have any of the previous but I usually do since we have a full sized fridge and I keep food in it so I won't eat something bad

Yeah, bro. I bring my snacks with me daily: peanut butter sandwich, jello, bag of strawberries, banana, apple, a granola bar, bag of small carrots and sometimes I still get hungry :lol:

Good call on the cashew. I try to snack every 2 hours.

First time going to GNC yesterday after I heard they sold quest bars there. Was happy to find they had a buy one get one free mix and match any kind. The cookie dough flavor was good the chocolate pb not so much. The amount of fiber was crazy good for one bar. Was surprised with all the flavors of supreme protein bars they had in the store too.

Everything. Abundance of quality, health conscious products. I find TJ to be affordable considering those who budget.

Got done with back/bis.

Nice drop set on deadlifts :
405x5
315x10
225x15

I love dead lifting in my flyknit free runs.
I need to cave on a few pairs. Once the first markdown hits ima go in with my 25% off disco.

What's a good supp to take to aid digestion? I eat a lot, but I feel like a have waaay too many bowel movements in comparison (4-5x/day).
There's nothing wrong with that. You should have bowel movements for each meal. Try psyllium husk and papaya enzymes.

Had a sweet tooth so I whipped this up. Looks like mud but taste like chocolate peanut butter pudding.

1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
2 tsp PB2
1 tsp dark cocoa powder
2 packs of stevia
I do the same. Toss some almonds in there too. Gotta get back to it.

Taking a break from rice today.

Boiled green bananas with baked salmon.

You from the islands fam?
I have a weak spot for Clif bars throughout the day.
I used to do Clif, but they have way too many ingredients and too much sugar. Plus the soy.

Back
Top Bottom