66 Kettlebell swings, 1.5 pood
66 Knees to elbows
66 Sit-ups
66 Pull-ups
66 Thrusters, 55 pounds
66 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
66 Burpees
66 Double-unders
That just looks painful. Form must go right out the window Im guessing.
word. Soooo many supps in here hahaha

Check a few of my recent posts brochacho. Ive been traveling and each city I spend time in, I'm hitting the top gyms. Been having a blast, sick workouts and meeting awesome people. Tons of pros/amateurs and just folks looking to get it in. Sooooo many hot fitness women down here too bro.
Thats whats up fam, I would love to do that. Get a chance to experience all kinds of different equipment and more importantly....DA YAMBS 

nthat.gif

Switched gyms...lawd the beauty of new *** and knockers. :smokin

Nice to have more stuff to work with too like TRX, prowler, and battle ropes. If only they had bags so I can get my Money May back on, but I'll start hitting another location. Been BSing too long on getting back into it.

Got this bad boy first thing in the morning. Pray for me

"The Don"

For time:
66 Deadlifts, 110 pounds
66 Box jump, 24 inch box
66 Knees to elbows
66 Sit-ups
66 Pull-ups
66 Thrusters, 55 pounds
66 Burpees
66 Double-unders
sick.gif

RIP

does anybody know if this is legit?? looks so unreal that it almost looks fake. props to him if it's legit tho.

It's real, but the editing and angles can make it harder to believe. Plenty of videos exist of people doing similar (and harder) bodyweight movements. He's doing more of a "street workout' style, which is basically less strict gymnastics movements and their variations. For example, his front lever is very good, strict form, just as it would be performed in gymnastics. But his handstand is not very good due to the lower back extension(not "proper" form in handbalancing and gymnastics).

To be brutally honest, I'm not a big fan of his movement style. Often, some of the smaller details make huge differences in executing a movement. For example, he does a lot of bent arm planches in this video (and others), but the real deal ( a straight arm planche) is much harder to train for and perform. Don't get me wrong, there is some impressive stuff in there: the eccentric bent arm lower to back lever, but it is harder for me to gauge the authenticity because of the video editing.

I much prefer the more "classical" gymnastics and handbalancing forms for these movements, although for creative purposes, his style is not bad. The creativity draws attention to people because when they try some of the crazier looking movements, they realize that it requires huge amounts of strength. Bodyweight training can be very effective for training strength, mobility, joint prep, balance, proprioception, etc. in the upper body. Videos like this one draw people's attention to it, although few people actually train like this. Most people try it, realize it is too hard (and believe they just have "bad genetics"), and give up on it. I applaud Frank Medrano for what he's doing, even if I don't have the same exact beliefs as he does.

Here are a few examples of videos that impress me:

http://youtu.be/B4jWSNsJOaY
http://youtu.be/ecXpMWs9vWg

Last edited:
Got this bad boy first thing in the morning. Pray for me

"The Don"

For time:
66 Deadlifts, 110 pounds
66 Box jump, 24 inch box
66 Knees to elbows
66 Sit-ups
66 Pull-ups
66 Thrusters, 55 pounds
66 Burpees
66 Double-unders

.... I'd...... die.....

.... I'd...... die.....
Never underestimate what you can do.  It's for time...just finish the first time no matter how long it takes.  Once you finish you have a baseline and created motivation for yourself.  Try training the next two weeks to improve and see what your time is after those two weeks.  Any improvement should be motivation to improve that much more the next time.  

FIND YOUR MOTIVATION

that workout would be good for helping me to shed some fat but not for putting on lean mass and i guarantee my joints and tendons would be busted the hell up trying to shoot for time. busted the hell up just from that volume even. that's not for me at all but i admire you young folk for doing that madness.

Built a decent amount of muscle last couple of months and have taken steps to drastically lower cals and up the amount of cardio to lose this weight/fat. Any advice on retaining most of my muscle gains?

Hit PR on DL today too
pimp.gif

Built a decent amount of muscle last couple of months and have taken steps to drastically lower cals and up the amount of cardio to lose this weight/fat. Any advice on retaining most of my muscle gains?

Hit PR on DL today too:pimp:
make sure you keep protein intake really high and don't cut your cals too drastically

First Day Back To The Box..Had To Switch Up The Lifting Scheme To Start Conditioning For These Races (Spartan, BCA 5K, PT Test etc)

that workout would be good for helping me to shed some fat but not for putting on lean mass and i guarantee my joints and tendons would be busted the hell up trying to shoot for time. busted the hell up just from that volume even. that's not for me at all but i admire you young folk for doing that madness.

speaking of joints and tendons--- brahs one of my knees has been KILLING me. I feel lame as **** cuz I'm 28 and can't sit with my legs bent without aching when I get up :frown:
I know you said fish oils will help with muscle soreness but will it tackle this problem as well??

Do you guys work out with knee braces? What about during your everyday activities?

I used to take shark cartilage (glucosamine chondroitin) in liquid form for my knee tendentious and I think it worked, may have been all in my head though

Last edited:
usp labs super cissus works wonders. pain relief is quick. another option that has actually worked well is joint help by iforce which contains cissus and paractin.

def look at form issues as well as non-supplement help like heat or ice, warming up etc.

Yep USP cissus is great. I like cissus and powerFULL from them. Don't care about anything else they have.

Last edited:
Thanks bros....

and I do warm up prior to work outs; so maybe I need to look at icing after workouts etc. Since I've been biking everyday it's gotten worse, I'm just doing a lot more with my legs now.

Bars are garbage. Also quest bars.....although tasty.....the profile has been found to been a lie. I'll try to find a link or something. Fiber content is not as they claim along with other ingredients. Someone actually had them tested.

Bought some Florida Avocados off eBay, like half arrived smushed and I think the heat from being in a box outside on the porch in the Oklahoma sun messed the other ones up. It's still good but not as pristine as I thought it would be, unfortunately they dont sell them here except 1 time.

Back
Top Bottom