STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No need for another debate war like if Bodybuilding is a sport or not
eyes.gif

Dude..

C'mon...

Bodybuilding is an art in which is purely based upon aesthetics.

NOT athletics.

The judging alone is based upon the "look" of muscles, not upon on how "effective" the muscles are in use.
http://media.yourdailymedia.com/4/7433019188_7633bcfd09_o.gif

Last edited:
Worked out yesterday for the first time in about three months. Felt gooooood.

Hope muscle memory kicks in right away lol

Dude..

C'mon...

NOT athletics.

The judging alone is based upon the "look" of muscles, not upon on how "effective" the muscles are in use.

Athletics?

Athletics?

Athletics?

Athletics?

If you have an issue with bodybuilding being a sport, send an email to encyclopedia britannica with your reasoning why.

Last edited:

Dude..

C'mon...

NOT athletics.

Athletics?

Athletics?

Athletics?

Athletics?

If you have an issue with bodybuilding being a sport, send an email to encyclopedia britannica with your reasoning why.
I mean you can argue that these are sports.

But bodybuilding just a muscle pageant.

shoulders and biceps tonight, might do cardio post workout incase I feel to lazy to go friday since I`m going out of town.

just took some NO-Explode, lets see how my pumps are tonight, C4 had me looking like I was on gear Tuesday night. I got so many pre workout samples lol

But each one of those "sports" pictured validates my reasoning.

To be good at each one of those pictured above depends upon the muscle reaction time at optimum levels to win their perspective sport.

To shoot ducks - and win, you must have top tier eye hand coordination.

The rest all require the same thing.

Bodybuilding poses.

No one wins for the fastest transition from point A to point B.

No one wins for how strong they are.

For gods sake 99% of the competitions are all rigged.

I won't fall into the debate any more, I don't want to derail the thread.

Keep hitting goals and killing it everyone.

Macronutrient considerations for the sport of bodybuilding.
Lambert CP, Frank LL, Evans WJ.
Source

Nutrition, Metabolism, and Exercise Laboratory, Donald W. Reynolds Center on Aging, Department of Geriatrics, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA. [email protected]
Abstract

Participants in the sport of bodybuilding are judged by appearance rather than performance. In this respect, increased muscle size and definition are critical elements of success. The purpose of this review is to evaluate the literature and provide recommendations regarding macronutrient intake during both 'off-season' and 'pre-contest' phases. Body builders attempt to increase muscle mass during the off-season (no competitive events), which may be the great majority of the year. During the off-season, it is advantageous for the bodybuilder to be in positive energy balance so that extra energy is available for muscle anabolism. Additionally, during the off-season, adequate protein must be available to provide amino acids for protein synthesis. For 6-12 weeks prior to competition, body builders attempt to retain muscle mass and reduce body fat to very low levels. During the pre-contest phase, the bodybuilder should be in negative energy balance so that body fat can be oxidised. Furthermore, during the pre-contest phase, protein intake must be adequate to maintain muscle mass. There is evidence that a relatively high protein intake (approximately 30% of energy intake) will reduce lean mass loss relative to a lower protein intake (approximately 15% of energy intake) during energy restriction. The higher protein intake will also provide a relatively large thermic effect that may aid in reducing body fat. In both the off-season and pre-contest phases, adequate dietary carbohydrate should be ingested (55-60% of total energy intake) so that training intensity can be maintained. Excess dietary saturated fat can exacerbate coronary artery disease; however, low-fat diets result in a reduction in circulating testosterone. Thus, we suggest dietary fats comprise 15-20% of the body builders' off-season and pre-contest diets. Consumption of protein/amino acids and carbohydrate immediately before and after training sessions may augment protein synthesis, muscle glycogen resynthesis and reduce protein degradation. The optimal rate of carbohydrate ingested immediately after a training session should be 1.2 g/kg/hour at 30-minute intervals for 4 hours and the carbohydrate should be of high glycaemic index. In summary, the composition of diets for body builders should be 55-60% carbohydrate, 25-30% protein and 15-20% of fat, for both the off-season and pre-contest phases. During the off-season the diet should be slightly hyperenergetic (approximately 15% increase in energy intake) and during the pre-contest phase the diet should be hypoenergetic (approximately 15% decrease in energy intake).

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Publication Types, MeSH Terms, Substances

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

Facts are facts

Come back with a credible source stating that bodybuilding is not a sport

It is what it is

Last edited:
"Bodybuilders and their fans have lamented over the years that bodybuilding is not in the Olympics. That scenario is not very likely.

In the first place, it’s a stretch for most people to even consider bodybuilding as a sport since there is no “athletic” competition, per se. The intense training required of bodybuilding is certainly worthy of any sport – and probably more difficult than most – but the results of that training cannot realistically be considered a “sport” since the contestants are judged solely on their appearance and not by how hard they worked out to get there. Wrestlers work out hard too, and their diet is probably more extreme than any sport, but they are judged by their performance on the mat – not how good they look in their tights.

Moreover, appearance itself is not an objective criterion anyway since judges will always have their own preferences for certain body types despite established standards. Some readers will argue that sports such as figure skating, gymnastics, and synchronized swimming, for example, are not always judged objectively either, and it’s true. The difference is that athletes in these sports – like wrestling – are ultimately judged on how well they perform certain skills inherent to their sport – NOT their looks. In other words, posing doesn’t count because it only serves to emphasize physical development and not a physical skill.

However, the principal reason why bodybuilding will never be in the Olympics is because of the stigma of performance enhancing drugs (PEDs). Bodybuilding is one of only two sports (powerlifting is the other) in the world that openly functions as two separate divisions – natural (drug-free) and “otherwise.” Strangely, many natural bodybuilders condone this separation under the misguided justification of “choice” rather than accepting it for the illegal and unethical toxin that it is – a toxin that continues to define bodybuilding and destroy any chance of its legitimacy on the Olympic stage."

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-bodybuilding-will-never-be-the-olympics-1

Look.

I'm cool too....

Give me a break.

Felt good to get back in the gym. Killed delts, traps and triceps. Could barely lift my arms to take my shirt off. Yeaaaa buddy :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom