STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight is stupid high. Thats basically 2x as high as it needs to be.

Yea unless you're juicing, a gram per pound is enough.

Just imagining the bowel movements from eating 240+ g of protein is frightening

One more PPL question for everyone (BIGBOSS ?) I've been doing 5/3/1 the past 3 months and have done it at least once a year the past 3 years. I feel like i see strength gains and I like it better than higher rep. Could I incorporate it into the compound of PPL once a week?

Ex:

Push day 1 - 531 CHest
Pull 2 - 5/3/1 Deads
Legs - No 5/31 Normal 6-8 reps on squats
Push 2 - regular rep chest, 531 shoulder press
Pull 2- regular rep Dead or Row
Leg- Squat 531

Or any other order? Anybody combined these 2?
Yeah bro you can for sure do that on a PPL. I use the PPL so I can hit every body part 2 times a week. I don't follow any exact rep ranges besides my 5x5 on a couple of the compounds. 

Just make sure you do the higher rep ranges so you get some time under tension when it comes to isolation exercises.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Just an idea I had and drew up. Had it over 10 years now
Ive got so many, couldn't even see abs if I had them.

1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight is stupid high. Thats basically 2x as high as it needs to be.

If someone's caloric intake for the day is very high (in hopes to gain weight) then naturally the protein intake would also increase.

If An individual is going to consume 1500-2000 calories more on a bulk, then how would they not consume 1g of protein over your recommended dosage?

If someone's caloric intake for the day is very high (in hopes to gain weight) then naturally the protein intake would also increase.

If An individual is going to consume 1500-2000 calories more on a bulk, then how would they not consume 1g of protein over your recommended dosage?
Only if they ate foods high in protein. 

Its a lot easier to get more calories in that are carb dense.

Destroyed shoulders. Definitely made some gains. Was struggling with 3x8 50s for DB Shoulder Press a few weeks ago. Put em up for 4x8 tonight, with 1x8 55s at the end.

What I will say is my workout was too short. With stretching, and all that combined, I was in and out in an hour 15.

I might do one side of my core on shoulder day, and do the other side on arm day.

The protein intake can increase, but it doesnt need to.

Its fairly easy to not consume a ton of protein even if youre adding that many excess calories. I actually think its more challenging to increase calories that much and have it be from protein sources.

Ill set aside my hatred for the terms bulk/cut for this discussion but if someone is adding close to 2k extra calories, the source is meaningless because the vast majority of it is going to be stored anyways. Excess protein is converted to fat and stored in adipose tissue so it really doesnt matter if the extra calories are from fat, carbohydrates or protein. (Assuming the minimum protein requirements are already met)

Destroyed shoulders. Definitely made some gains. Was struggling with 3x8 50s for DB Shoulder Press a few weeks ago. Put em up for 4x8 tonight, with 1x8 55s at the end.

What I will say is my workout was too short. With stretching, and all that combined, I was in and out in an hour 15.

I might do one side of my core on shoulder day, and do the other side on arm day.

75 minutes for a shoulder and trap workout was too short? Really?

75 minutes for a shoulder and trap workout was too short? Really?

That's with stretching, and rolling on a medicine ball... so 55 minutes of lifting. I want closer to 80 minutes of resistance training. Doesn't have to be all shoulders/traps.

Email I sent them lol

I was stuck in la fitness for a year in Orlando.

I didn't like using the campus gym (Ucf) because it was so packed.

So glad when I came back to Tampa because of my gym.

Btw the la fitness I went to was the one with the crazy lady always yelling at us for dead lifting.

There's vids all over the place of that nazi.

eeeehhh it's good enough for what I do :lol: Which ain't sayin' much! :tongue:

out of curiosity, how much bread do you guys eat? i only eat whole wheat/grain bread but am wondering if i should cut down or cut it out. i probably eat a turkey sandwich 5x a week.

big fan of Shawn Rhoden, got that old school physique

too bad he will never win an Olympia unless he gets freakishly large smh

out of curiosity, how much bread do you guys eat? i only eat whole wheat/grain bread but am wondering if i should cut down or cut it out. i probably eat a turkey sandwich 5x a week.

when I eat tuna salad, I eat it on crackers... i eat annie's pretzel mix about 4 times a week... I eat pasta (the kind made from veggies" a couple times a month etc. I eat cereal a couple times a week

I stopped eating sandwiches everyday cuz of a) the enriched flour and b)all the sodium in deli meats.

I don't believe in avoiding gluten unless you are allergic to it though.

Back
Top Bottom