STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What do you guys suggest for healthy snacks? I have a sweet tooth that would rival Lamar Odom.
Poptarts.

:lol:

I said healthy, fam.

What do you guys suggest for healthy snacks? I have a sweet tooth that would rival Lamar Odom.

honey bunches of oats with vanilla unsweetened almond--SNACK OF THE GODS

Not really a fan of vanilla, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Poptarts.

laugh.gif

I said healthy, fam.

honey bunches of oats with vanilla unsweetened almond--SNACK OF THE GODS
Not really a fan of vanilla, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks.
I said poptarts.

Is there a specific workout that targets the back part of your shoulder.. I'm trying to get that round cut.

rear delts? i like face pulls, reverse pec dec, different kinds of dumbell excercises etc. look up rear delt exercises on google.

out of curiosity, how much bread do you guys eat? i only eat whole wheat/grain bread but am wondering if i should cut down or cut it out. i probably eat a turkey sandwich 5x a week.

I used to eat 8 slices per day. I still eat that some days, but I'm usually eating 0, or 4.

I didn't feel like I was getting fat, because I still maintained definition at that time.

big fan of Shawn Rhoden, got that old school physique

too bad he will never win an Olympia unless he gets freakishly large smh
Not really. Dexter won

Roden has a chance, he just needs to add more thickness to his frame.

Ced and Roden are my 2 favs right now. Ced needs to work on his conditioning, add more thickness to his back and bring his legs up

Their frames are perfect for adding mass without destroying their lines

out of curiosity, how much bread do you guys eat? i only eat whole wheat/grain bread but am wondering if i should cut down or cut it out. i probably eat a turkey sandwich 5x a week.

If you're giving up a food, you have to think of an alternative of what you're going to eat in its place. A turkey sandwich is a pretty decent lunch - as long as you don't eat it with like 3 tablespoons of mayo. Assuming you are only using 2 slices of bread per sandwich, 10 slices of wheat/grain bread over the course of a week is not over doing it. Wheat bread is like 50 cals per slice. That's 500 calories per week you're getting from bread.

1.5 grams of protein per lb of bodyweight is stupid high. Thats basically 2x as high as it needs to be.
you agree with the 0.8 g/lb body fat number? I've seen the most compelling evidence supporting that number. On my phone so I'm not gonna track down the study right now tho.

The protein intake can increase, but it doesnt need to.

Its fairly easy to not consume a ton of protein even if youre adding that many excess calories. I actually think its more challenging to increase calories that much and have it be from protein sources.

Ill set aside my hatred for the terms bulk/cut for this discussion but if someone is adding close to 2k extra calories, the source is meaningless because the vast majority of it is going to be stored anyways. Excess protein is converted to fat and stored in adipose tissue so it really doesnt matter if the extra calories are from fat, carbohydrates or protein. (Assuming the minimum protein requirements are already met)
Good post - clarified a few points I was wondering about.

I got a good chuckle out of this

Normal my Johnathans get slightly rumbled when gym memes get posted but this one is pretty funny. Clowning Drake is always good for a laugh.
Don't eat bread myself. You can transition from the sandwich to a salad. Just throw the lunch meat on a bed of lettuce. Add other veggies and cheese if you like. Olive and vinegar that ****

big fan of Shawn Rhoden, got that old school physique

too bad he will never win an Olympia unless he gets freakishly large smh
How big is he? How do his stats compare to people who are winning?

when I eat tuna salad, I eat it on crackers... i eat annie's pretzel mix about 4 times a week... I eat pasta (the kind made from veggies" a couple times a month etc. I eat cereal a couple times a week

I stopped eating sandwiches everyday cuz of a) the enriched flour and b)all the sodium in deli meats.

I don't believe in avoiding gluten unless you are allergic to it though.

Have you tried avoiding gluten for a week or two? Tryit and see how you feel. I ccan post up some more info when I get home

Out of curiosity, what role does exercise play in drug and alcohol rehab programs? I'd imagine prescribing exercise (probably cardio moreso than lifting) could do a lot in terms of combatting addiction

Bout to head to Baltimore for the weekend

Gonna chill with my boy up there and hit up Golds, anybody around that way holla at your boy.

Bout to head to Baltimore for the weekend

Gonna chill with my boy up there and hit up Golds, anybody around that way holla at your boy.

Gold's in Glen Burnie? If so, I'll be there around 7 pm.

I'll be in my usual. UA top, UA tights under Nike shorts.

Bmore born and raised- from the county. you know which area you're heading to? Baltimore is a pretty broad term for MDers.

Back
Top Bottom