STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

can someone out there give me advice?

at 17 i weighed 248, by the time i hit 18, i lost a lot, then weighed at 195.

5 years later at 23, im at 262. :smh: i lost 6 pounds this week hitting the gym.

but now, my knees are killing me. theyve been cracking like crazy for the past 2 years now. i have horrible knees. they hurt walking up stairs, etc.

how can i lose weight with such bad knees? what exercises and work outs can i do to burn fat?

any help would be awesome.

Elliptical machine, walking with a weighted back pack or swimming. Basically cardio exercises that are low impact on the joints. But you could do cardio 7 days a week and it will be all for nothing if you don't eat clean. Ice your knees after you work out and drink a ton of water. If you're 250+ you should be drinking a gallon of water every day like its nothing.

Elliptical machine, walking with a weighted back pack or swimming. Basically cardio exercises that are low impact on the joints. But you could do cardio 7 days a week and it will be all for nothing if you don't eat clean. Ice your knees after you work out and drink a ton of water. If you're 250+ you should be drinking a gallon of water every day like its nothing.

SWIMMING!!! Man I love this exercise, seriously--- it keeps me at a great range for my max heart rate pretty much the entire time, easy on the knees, and killer leg workout (if you are swimming with the proper form). It's exciting too, I do 30 minutes in the pool easy without even thinking about it--- on the elliptical I feel like I been there forever and it's only been like 5 or 10 minutes.

And I STILL need to step my water game up!! Daahhh!! So many disappoints....

can someone out there give me advice?

at 17 i weighed 248, by the time i hit 18, i lost a lot, then weighed at 195.

5 years later at 23, im at 262. :smh: i lost 6 pounds this week hitting the gym.

but now, my knees are killing me. theyve been cracking like crazy for the past 2 years now. i have horrible knees. they hurt walking up stairs, etc.

how can i lose weight with such bad knees? what exercises and work outs can i do to burn fat?

any help would be awesome.

My dude...

I weighed in the 270's when i chose to lose weight a while back.

I can tell you from experience that the diet is CRUCIAL

I have one bad knee so i try my best to keep the impact low... and always wear a wrap thing

But if u want some activities that are low impact on the joints you got two pretty decent options IMO - Elliptical machine and swimming.

Also get into a strength training program. Building muscle will allow your body to burn even more calories per hour even sedentary.

Best of luck... Hope you stick to it.

On a side note... PB2 blended into a protein shake... DEAR GAWD DA GAINZ :nthat:

you can lose all that fat with a strict and clean diet.

if you want to lose weight, you need to diet. end of story. cardio all you want but its not gonna do jack.

maaaaaan I been tryna tell my mom that--- but she my mama, I can't talk crazy to her.

whats your mother have to do with it? its your life, if you are an adult you can make your own food.

if you are overweight/obese, your life is in danger. If you dont give a crap then keep eating bad, keep gaining weight, keep putting your life in danger with risk of heart disease, diabetes, etc, etc.

if you dont wanna change then so be it but dont put the blame on anyone else but yourself

you can lose all that fat with a strict and clean diet.

if you want to lose weight, you need to diet. end of story. cardio all you want but its not gonna do jack.
maaaaaan I been tryna tell my mom that--- but she my mama, I can't talk crazy to her.
whats your mother have to do with it? its your life, if you are an adult you can make your own food.

if you are overweight/obese, your life is in danger. If you dont give a crap then keep eating bad, keep gaining weight, keep putting your life in danger with risk of heart disease, diabetes, etc, etc.

if you dont wanna change then so be it but dont put the blame on anyone else but yourself
I think she means her mom is overweight and she wants her mom to diet but her mom is just too stubborn to diet even though she wants to lose weight but thinks its all exercise that drops the lbs.

Damb Rep me.

:lol:

yea maybe i took it the wrong way regardless if you are worried about your mother then you need to really talk to her. trust me i think we all know how mothers can be with the exercise/diet crap.

I think she means her mom is overweight and she wants her mom to diet but her mom is just too stubborn to diet even though she wants to lose weight but thinks its all exercise that drops the lbs.

Damb Rep me.

yoooooo I saw Zyzz first couple words and I was like... "wait, what." But yea, I'm speaking in reference to my mother... who.... *sigh* too many words I want to say to her but I CANNOT. This isn't the woman who raised me, never heard her give so many excuses ever. She's the reason why I always think I can do whatever I set my mind to, cuz SHE did.

anybody else in this boat? Not necessarily with your mom but somebody you love dearly?? She works out, 3-4 times a week... but it's soft, I know it is. But I commend her on that cuz for a long time she just wasn't doing it. Her diet is **** compared to what she raised me and my brother on... my mom was the mom that on field trips made me get salads when the class went to mcdonald's :lol: :lol: She says "she can't work out everyday" cuz she needs to giver her muscles a break. Whiiiich, maybe... she is pushing 60. On paper she is improving, blood pressure is down, cholesterol, trigyclicerides, etc. She's not on any medication or anything like that, But I know she wants "gainz" but I'm kinda confused as to how she thinks she's going to go about getting them without making any drastic changes.... she ask me if she losing weight and if I can tell and it's like "naaaaaaah" (though I lie and say I can never tell when ppl lose weight!)

And more importantly, why do ppl still think I'm chubby or obese tho?? Like for real..... :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
My mom has been walking our dog at least 1 mile a day for around 10 years at this point. She's incredibly underweight, but it cracks me up how she refers to this as her exercise and she feels so guilty if she can't walk, weather permiting lol

might just have to talk sternly to her one GOOD time... knock some sense into her.... or at this point just buy groceries for the house and force them to eat right

Damb Rep me.

yoooooo I saw Zyzz first couple words and I was like... "wait, what." But yea, I'm speaking in reference to my mother... who.... *sigh* too many words I want to say to her but I CANNOT. This isn't the woman who raised me, never heard her give so many excuses ever. She's the reason why I always think I can do whatever I set my mind to, cuz SHE did.

anybody else in this boat? Not necessarily with your mom but somebody you love dearly?? She works out, 3-4 times a week... but it's soft, I know it is. But I commend her on that cuz for a long time she just wasn't doing it. Her diet is **** compared to what she raised me and my brother on... my mom was the mom that on field trips made me get salads when the class went to mcdonald's :lol: :lol: She says "she can't work out everyday" cuz she needs to giver her muscles a break. Whiiiich, maybe... she is pushing 60. On paper she is improving, blood pressure is down, cholesterol, trigyclicerides, etc. She's not on any medication or anything like that, But I know she wants "gainz" but I'm kinda confused as to how she thinks she's going to go about getting them without making any drastic changes.... she ask me if she losing weight and if I can tell and it's like "naaaaaaah" (though I lie and say I can never tell when ppl lose weight!)

And more importantly, why do ppl still think I'm chubby or obese tho?? Like for real..... :lol: :lol:

i have no idea what you look like :lol:

^

oh you missed the fiasco where I had to post a pic of myself to prove that I'm worthy
mean.gif
i aint miss it bae

tumblr_mq79eiopdl1r18eb8o1_400.gif

Man, I need them Kelly Burke delts

Did delts yesterday, my traps and tris are sore

Clearly I'm doing it wrong

Any unorthodox exercises? I currently do ohs, lat raises front and side, cable lat raises, upright rows, and bent over lat raises

thanks for all the help fellas. i tried to rep everyone who gave me advice, but i ran out of reps. :smh:

my knees are sooo bad that even the elliptical hurts, thats how bad they are. :\ but as far as swimming goes, im def gonna try that out. i love swimming b. :smokin

as far as dieting goes, im not really an expert. when it comes to dieting, i just cut out sugar drinks (just drink water), no fried foods, and watch my portions.

i see sooo many people meal prepping, counting carbs, proteins, fats, etc. im just like, uhhhhhhhh watch what i eat? lol.

appreciate the advice & luck yall giving me. much love. :D

i'm ready to get back in shape like i used to. got caught up in my college life i just forgot about my health man. damn.

Last edited:

Any unorthodox exercises? I currently do ohs, lat raises front and side, cable lat raises, upright rows, and bent over lat raises

all of those will hit your traps.

no seated/standing db shoulder press? no military press? no arnold press? com'n bro get with the program

all of those will hit your traps.

no seated/standing db shoulder press? no military press? no arnold press? com'n bro get with the program
Ohs= overhead press and i do them standing up, smh @ me for forgetting the Arnold press, I haven't done those in like 6 years, will look up military press

Anymore exercises that will get it crackin? My shoulders are pretty well conditioned even with heavy weight, I haven't had sore delts since 2010

Back
Top Bottom