STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Blasted my shoulders this morning. Did a lot of Presses, but I did several sets of Upright Rows.

160-160-160 then dropped 10 lbs each set after till 100. Lateral head was on fire.

Core definitely getting stronger too. I could get the 40s up for several sets with Standing DB Press.

Anybody else ever try the Bradford Press? Supposedly an accessory exercise for OHS, and improves shoulder mobility. Did 5 sets with just the bar, and they burn.

Blasted my shoulders this morning. Did a lot of Presses, but I did several sets of Upright Rows.

160-160-160 then dropped 10 lbs each set after till 100. Lateral head was on fire.

Core definitely getting stronger too. I could get the 40s up for several sets with Standing DB Press.

Anybody else ever try the Bradford Press? Supposedly an accessory exercise for OHS, and improves shoulder mobility. Did 5 sets with just the bar, and they burn.
You been watching too much Omar Isuf lately 
happy.gif

You been watching too much Omar Isuf lately :D

Yeah, he's not as entertaining, or motivating as the other channels, but he seems to have more technical info.

_____

Kidneys going to fail today bruhs. 1700/3500 calories so far, and I'm sitting at 212g of protein. 15 oz of tilapia for lunch did the trick.

when i do shoulders with my brother he has us do them. they do burn but i haven't done them enough to determine if they are effective to have in a routine

Moving to Butchers Hill in Bmore in December...i need to choose a new gym...i feel like this is harder then moving. Was just going to go the gold route and stop at a golds by work but that would put me in traffic right at rush hour since im off at 3 gym by 315 done at 430 and heading into bmore with death traffic.

Guess i am going to go on a mini bmore gym tour when i move

I can't wait 'till I move so I can workout in the morning. Working out in the afternoon is cool but the only thing I think about during work is my routine in the gym for that day and if I should add anything. Hence why I'm in this thread now. :smh:

i got to 9% without tracking at all.

like i said a few times throughout the thread, ive done it two years in a row and gotten sub 10% each time and not starving myself. i was still eating a lot and lifting hard. zero cardio.

first time i did it, it was the first time i lifted in years so i was skinny ripped.

bulked a little bit last fall/winter but didnt lift much so it screwed me, cut in the spring and had more mass and even more ripped.

going all out this winter and bulking hard but lifting even more barring these stupid little injuries ive been getting. then when i cut i should be around where i want to be for now and will maintain throughout the year.
Zero cardio? Yeah you don't have a slow metabolism bro, at least not slow to me. Eating a lot at sub 10% is awesome, I can only imagine :smh:

im dead serious my metabolism is slow as hell SRS

it used to be fast YEARS ago. I used to be able to eat fastfood twice a day, candy, and pig out and not gain a pound or get fat at all. why do you think soon as i started bulking and eating junk the weight just piled up like no other now?

my body runs on all cylinders if im eating clean and healthy, soon as junk enters my body it goes downhill. its disgusting.

Anybody looked into the Fitbit Force bracelet? supposedly a challenger to the Fuelband.  Also tracks your sleep and quality of sleep (don't know how) and wakes you up with a slight vibration.  Apparently a software update is in the works where you'll be able to receive calls on it via bluetooth 4.0. 

fitbit force :smokin
slickdeal has it for 100... bout to cop. :pimp:
i want the new nike fuelband se but that sleep tracker doe....i had to get it cuz i lose sleep soooo much for no reason.

Moving to Butchers Hill in Bmore in December...i need to choose a new gym...i feel like this is harder then moving. Was just going to go the gold route and stop at a golds by work but that would put me in traffic right at rush hour since im off at 3 gym by 315 done at 430 and heading into bmore with death traffic.

Good luck. Most of the better gyms are actually outside of Baltimore.

Got any suggestions. I am only moving down from Bel Air.....and i work in greenbelt so anything in the middle kinda can work. But i may be able to get a discount at the MAC (maryland athletic club) in harbor east...even though they have two other locations like hunt valley and timonium

Got any suggestions. I am only moving down from Bel Air.....and i work in greenbelt so anything in the middle kinda can work. But i may be able to get a discount at the MAC (maryland athletic club) in harbor east...even though they have two other locations like hunt valley and timonium

Every gym I would recommend is much further south than where you would be.

There's a warehouse gym I know of in Columbia that I may try. There's the Gold's I go to, and an LA Fitness in Glen Burnie.

If you don't want to deal with traffic though, I don't know. @Dropten can vouch that the gym I go to is huge though.

you can find that spicy tuna anywhere--- I live in Dallas, I've seen at Kroger and Wal-mart; I know it'll be cheaper at Wal-mart cuz wal-mart always cheaper than Target.

Jking- LA fitness off Washington Blvd and Merritt in Canton are the best options I can think of. LA is sort of out of the way but also lets you get up 295 before rush hour, Merrit is ideal, but pretty pricey. Also a smaller, more hardcore type gym off route 40 called Exile Fitness I've only heard good things about.

Jking- LA fitness off Washington Blvd and Merritt in Canton are the best options I can think of. LA is sort of out of the way but also lets you get up 295 before rush hour, Merrit is ideal, but pretty pricey. Also a smaller, more hardcore type gym off route 40 called Exile Fitness I've only heard good things about.

I've been to that LA and Merritt during that 3-4 pm shift... Have fun lol.

That's worst than my gym at 530 pm.

5:30 is madness. i usually try to get out before 5 or go towards closing hours (8 to 10). by then, it's calm again.

edit: weekend mornings are pretty bad too.

Last edited:
I get off work at around 5PM M-F so i am forced (cuz i dont wanna workout at 630AM or 1030PM) to be part of that 530 crowd at my gym.

Its really only bad on mondays.

Each day after that the crowd gets smaller and smaller and by friday its usually only 1 other person in the wight room.

And it's usually my partner. :lol:

Just had a shortened push day today from falling asleep after lunch, only did flat and incline.

Did board pressing for the first time, felt kind of weird at first and my tris were already burnt out so it was even harder. Anyone else done them before, any tips? I like the fact you can overload with it, I used a 3 and 2 board.

Struggling with this cut, keep hitting the sweets 
mean.gif
 Anyone want to be my online coach lol

that's dirt cheap and scivation is a pretty trustworthy company. owner is a douchebag online but his products are good.

I just dropped $2300 on a bar, power rack and 500 lbs of bumper plates on rogue fitness. Wanted some quality stuff and heard nothing but great stuff about them. I got tired of going to the gym and waiting on the only rack and once you get it having a bunch of people coming up asking how many sets I got left. Ain't no nice gyms close to me like some of y'all got. Going to be nice to be able to take my time with my own !%#$. Been getting into oly lifts lately so going to add those to my power lifting as well.

Last edited:
I just dropped $2300 on a bar, power rack and 500 lbs of bumper plates on rogue fitness. Wanted some quality stuff and heard nothing but great stuff about them. I got tired of going to the gym and waiting on the only rack and once you get it having a bunch of people coming up asking how many sets I got left. Ain't no nice gyms close to me like some of y'all got. Going to be nice to be able to take my time with my own !%#$. Been getting into oly lifts lately so going to add those to my power lifting as well.

I always wanted to do this. Is that the one where they come and install everything for you?

The best investment I've ever made was buying a barbell and weights. In the long run, you'll save money over a gym membership.

Dope.. I plan on ordering one of the Garage Gym Plans from them when I stop moving around(Military) and buy a house.. Pics when you set it up.

Back
Top Bottom