STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I wanna throw a dumbbell at her face. Hate girls like this

This chick is obviously displaying blatant swole hate. No big deal though. For every 1 like that there are 10 who appreciate the swole.

Like Frank's Red Hot Sauce or something? That type of Buffalo? Whatg else? I might try that, but I never wanted to waste that much hot sauce.

I can't bake chicken breast. Can't stand to see all of that fat/phlegm falling into the pan.

For breakfast I usually do the simple

Shake (whatever I have. Fruit, veggies)
Oatmeal
Some type of "egg"
you mean you dont like to see the chicken soaked in the fat as it cooks off or you just dont like the sight of the fat/phlegm? 

i usually just put the chicken on a wire rack and set it on a deep pan to catch all the fat, flipping about half way through 

What am I missing here about cutting out bread to see abs as opposed to other carbs in general?

you mean you dont like to see the chicken soaked in the fat as it cooks off or you just dont like the sight of the fat/phlegm? 

i usually just put the chicken on a wire rack and set it on a deep pan to catch all the fat, flipping about half way through 
If you are cooking it on a rack that is cool. I like the quickness of the GF Grill though.

When I cook other parts of the chicken I definitely use the rack to get that skin crispy.

Man I left some chicken breast marinating in buffalo marnate for 3 days.

I finally bake it last night.

**** was delicious.

I need some quick and easy breakfast tips though.
Like Frank's Red Hot Sauce or something? That type of Buffalo? Whatg else? I might try that, but I never wanted to waste that much hot sauce.

I can't bake chicken breast. Can't stand to see all of that fat/phlegm falling into the pan.

For breakfast I usually do the simple

Shake (whatever I have. Fruit, veggies)
Oatmeal
Some type of "egg"

Its great makes plain old Chicken Breast taste like wings.

Last edited:
its crazy my incline barbell bench isnt moving but my DB flat bench is going up

Probably one of a couple factors:
1. your shoulder strength
2. The degree of incline of your bench. I've seen some cats doing incline where it basically becomes a military press
3. your technique. sometimes guys end up pushing mainly with their shoulder joints instead of focusing on pushing from the chest

Was thinking about changing my cardio style since im getting bored running on the treadmill. I was thinking about doing a Spin class. Anyone ever do this?

I cant wait until Spring so I can run outside, treadmills are annoying

Was thinking about changing my cardio style since im getting bored running on the treadmill. I was thinking about doing a Spin class. Anyone ever do this?

Yea I did spinning before. It will get you right man. Expect to WORK!. Sit in the front so you are right in the face with your teacher.

I need some help, I'm trying to lose this gut. I've been at it since about the end of January- beginning of February and I haven't really seen any progress or difference. I usually wake up and have a turkey sandwich on wheat or 3 eggs sometimes oatmeal. Dinner it is almost always a salad with grilled chicken and about a fist sized serving of rice. I've been trying to run at least a mile (if not more) at least 4 days a week and also playing basketball, also weight lifting. I don't know the first thing about dieting so any help would be appreciated :lol: I'm 6'3, 214.

Today is Day 4 of no gym and Flu. **** sucks. I miss it the gym, but I gotta get well, or at least better before I even attempt to go back.

Abs are made in the kitchen man, have your diet on point on thats all you need. Cutting out bread would help for sure.

I live in a dorm room without a kitchen and am always short on time for breakfast. My routine now is to grab a protein bar and head out the door. Any healthier recommendations for something that doesn't take preparation in the morning?

I live in a dorm room without a kitchen and am always short on time for breakfast. My routine now is to grab a protein bar and head out the door. Any healthier recommendations for something that doesn't take preparation in the morning?
When I was lazy in college and didn't wanna cook breakfast - I'd do a great yogurt (plain) with some oats, nuts, and fruits.

I need some help, I'm trying to lose this gut. I've been at it since about the end of January- beginning of February and I haven't really seen any progress or difference. I usually wake up and have a turkey sandwich on wheat or 3 eggs sometimes oatmeal. Dinner it is almost always a salad with grilled chicken and about a fist sized serving of rice. I've been trying to run at least a mile (if not more) at least 4 days a week and also playing basketball, also weight lifting. I don't know the first thing about dieting so any help would be appreciated :lol: I'm 6'3, 214.

just from what you wrote so far, i would say to cut out that rice in your dinner and have your dinner earlier in the day...
try to go to sleep on an empty stomach and wake up and work out before eating...

I've done a few, it was hard on the knees, pause, but drenched in sweat when it was over.

Got some good ballin in tonight.

Shoulders and traps tomorrow.

CANT WAIT 
nthat.gif

You're running 4-6 miles a week? That's 1000 calories burned per week, tops. Not even 1/3 of a pound. You need to increase the cardio you do x3 at least. It doesn't have to all be running.

Need to ge back in shape and lose a couple of pounds .

Quick question : Is cooking spray better than using actual oil ?

A lot of girls are like that, most girls I know dont like super shredded guys
I think of a lot of it comes from insecurity resulting from girls' own issues with their own fitness. I've found that I can be most open about fitness and actually talk about the gym etc best with girls that are in shape or that are athletes, because they generally are more confident in their own levels of fitness.

You guys have me motivated...since i love deadlifts and squats....i will try to start power cleans.

But question from a complete novice. It is a combo lift working what...glutes, hamstrings, quads, lower back, traps, some shoulders? So should i space this out from my deadlift and legs day? or should i combine it with either?
I do them prior to deadlifts. The gym I go to on deadlift days has bumper plates, so that's helpful. Plus I find that the explosive movement is a nice warmup for deads. I don't do too much volume or that heavy of a weight for cleans though, so if I did I'd probably give them their own day.

if you guys want something to throw in on chest/tricep days, this absolutely KILLS my muscles and helps my overall strength - I usually throw it once every other week...

the 100 workout...

Incline - 135lbs - 4 sets - 25 reps each (100 total) *if you can't get there, do another set(s) just get to 100 reps
Flat - 135lbs - 4 sets - 25 reps each *if you can't get there, do another set(s) just get to 100 reps

Tricep rope extensions - 4 sets - 25 reps each *keep the weight at a level that pushes you, but is doable
Tricep seated dips - 4 sets - 25 reps each

Cable flys - 4 sets - 25 reps each *keep the weight at a level that pushes you, but is doable
Overhead tricep ext - 4 sets - 25 reps each *keep the weight at a level that pushes you, but is doable

If you are still feeling strong, do 4sets of 25 push ups but usually you are complete jelly at this point.

8)

ps- the best pre beach workout - gives you the mother of all pumps
I like the high rep concept, but I think you'd be better off doing the hundred rep stuff after doing a few sets of low rep, high weight strength work. That way you can make strength gains in addition to getting the extreme pump and hypertrophy stuff. So do 5/3/1 or a 3x5 for flat bench, then do the 4 sets of 25 on the incline - skip the flat 4x25 and maybe some of the later 4x25s.

Yea I did spinning before. It will get you right man. Expect to WORK!. Sit in the front so you are right in the face with your teacher.

I've done a few, it was hard on the knees, pause, but drenched in sweat when it was over.

Got some good ballin in tonight.

Shoulders and traps tomorrow.

CANT WAIT :nthat:

both Repped the spin class is at 5:45 AM :rolleyes but hey, to look good for No shirt summer, I have to pay to play. Plus this will help with my cutting.

Need to ge back in shape and lose a couple of pounds .

Quick question : Is cooking spray better than using actual oil ?

I use cooking spray. Both have their health concerns, Spray being more calories depending on hw long you are spraying. However Oil can be unhealthy in Sat. Fats and if overheated be not good for your body.

overall Spray>Oil

This last weekend messed me up guys, in many ways.

I went to a quincinyera (sp) for my girls cousin. Stayed out of town at her sisters. We didn't drive so we accompanied others most of the time.
The party itself had a taco bar. I had a lotttt of tacos. Now im not complaining too much, because im bulking...so some tacos isnt a big deal for one night.
However, then the relatives handed out some drinks. Her family is very persistant, i said okay ive worked hard ill have a couple...just one night.

Bad idea. Let to me eating 3 slices of Pizza hut pizza late night.

Next morning, everyone woke up...i asked what we gettin for breakfast, everyone wanted McDonalds :x
Had no choice but to eat something. Had a Filet o Fish, only one bun. Threw the other bun away and they were laughing.

Got home last night... middle of the night i got the chills and woke up with a bed full of sweat :x :smh:
Been nursing a high temperature all day. Couldnt get back to the gym. Appetite has been gone all day, so i def didnt hit my macros...not even half.

Just took Nyquil and im hoping i feel better tomorrow so i can make my comeback.

But i still have a high temp and im worried. :rolleyes

CLIFFNOTES:

-Wen't out of town for girls cousins birthday party.
-Stayed with her relatives.
-Nothing but bad eating for a day and a half.
-Had a few drinks.
-Got bad sleep.
-Got really sick early this morning and havent been able to eat.
-Worried about losing my progress with my lean bulk If i cant get back to the gym and my regular eating plan tomorrow. :frown:

Can someone help me feel better and let me know that all that combined, and possibly being sick for the next day or two wont ruin my progress... Im a very paranoid person. I dont normally eat like that, it was just hard being out of town unprepared. :smh: :frown: I feel like my body just isnt responding well to any of it, this is why i dont do 'cheat meals' and try to stay clean.

and yeah...I know im very hard on myself. Its been a problem of mine. Im just trying to stay as dedicated as possible, i dont like taking steps backward...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom