STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Most of the boxing gyms in my town are glorified zumba gyms. I learned to box at a small Mexican gym. I'm sure LA has a bunch of those

I do intermittent fasting like some others do in this thread & I think it's great for maintaining, losing water weight & great to burn fat. I've done a couple 36 hour fasts in the past and not as hard as I thought. Being on a water fast that long is a mini detox on itself. A friend of mine who is in school to become a holistic health coach and suggested a 36 hour water fast with a 3 day detox of green tea, coconut water, fruit/veggie shake to follow.

Did cardio this morning & I broke the 36 hour fast with A fruit veggie shake and drinking a gallon of green tea today. All I gotta say is so far so. I feel great & this clean energy Natural energy I have right now feels damn good.

Thought it would be harder than it really is. One day at a time brahs :smokin

Last edited:
Wj4 mentioned playlists the other day, since it's a slow day, here's what I've been rolling with:

Always on shuffle...

EDM
1. Silhouettes- Avicci
2. Fade Into Darkness - Avicci (Vocal Club Mix)
3. One Love - David Guetta (Avicci Remix)
4. Getting Over You - David Guetta (Avicci Remix)
5. In My Mind - Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl (Axwell Remix)
6. Seek Bromance - Tim Berg (Avicci Remix)
7. Ghost N' Stuff - Deadmau5 ft. Rob Swire
8. One - Swedish House Mafia ft. Pharell
9. Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft. Pharell
10. Levels - Avicci
11. The Rain - Calvin Harris
12. Ready for the Weekend - Calvin Harris
13. I'm Not Alone - Calvin Harris
14. Flashback - Calvin Harris
15. Bounce - Calvin Harris ft. Kelis
16. We Found Love - Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna
17. Beautiful People - Benny Bennassi ft. Chris Brown
18. Satisfaction - Benny Bennassi
19. Cinema - Benny Bennassi
20. Digital Love - Daft Punk
21. Face to Face - Daft Punk
22. Aerodynamic - Daft Punk
23. When Love Takes Over - David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland
24. Love is Gone - David Guetta
25. Sexy ***** - David Guetta ft. Akon
26. Titanium - David Guetta
27. Without You - David Guetta ft. Usher
28. I Can Only Imagine - David Guetta ft. Chris Brown
29. Hello - Martin Solveig
30. Greyhound - Swedish House Mafia
31. Here We Go - Hard Rock Sofa & Swanky Tunes (Swedish House Mafia Remix)
32. Calling (Lose My Mind Extended Club Mix) - Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso
33. Antidote - Swedish House Mafia & Knife Party
34. Don't You Worry Child - Swedish House Mafia
35. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Swedish House Mafia vs. Coldplay
36. Save The World - Swedish House Mafia (Knife Party Remix)
37. Pursuit of Happyness - Kid Cudi ft. MGMT & Ratatat (Steve Aoki remix)
38. Vanished - Crystal Castles
39. Bangarang - Skrillex
40. Wake Me Up - Avicii

Rock

1. Alive - Pearl Jam
2. Love Like Winter - AFI
3. Los Angeles is Burning - Bad Religion
4. Lonely Boy - Black Keys
5. Gold on the Ceiling - Black Keys
6. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
7. Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
8. Some Nights - Fun
9. Basket Case - Green Day
10. Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
11. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
12. LA Woman - The Doors
13. Change Your Mind - The Killers
14. With You - Linkin Park
15. To Hell We Ride - The Lost Prophets
16. Enter the Sandman - Metallica
17. Wherever I may Roam - Metallica
18. Suedehead - Morrisey
19. Little Lion Man - Mumford & Sons
20. Hysteria - Muse
21. Starlight - Muse
22. Uprising - Muse
23. Resistance - Muse
24. Madness - Muse
25. The Man Who Sold the World - Nirvana
26. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
27. The Kids Aren't Alright - The Offspring
28. Dissident - Pearl Jam
30. Black - Pearl Jam
31. Judith - A Perfect Circle
32. Stinkfist - Tool
33. 1901 - Phoenix
34. Calm Like a Bomb - Rage Against the Machine
35. People of the Sun - Rage Against the Machine
36. Bulls on Parade - Rage Against the Machine
37. Down Rodeo - Rage Against the Machine
38. Know Your Enemy - Rage Against the Machine
39. Prayer of the Refugee - Rise Against
40. Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
41. Reptilia - The Strokes
42. Worth Dying For - Rise Against
43. New Years Day - U2
44. The Taste of Ink - The Used
45. Say It Ain't So - Weezer
46. Helena Beat - Foster the People
47. Dog Days Are Over - Florence and the Machine
48. It's Time - Imagine Dragons
49. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode
50. Beautiful Disaster - 311

From where?
i've read that stated numerous times but here's something from WebMD
There is little scientific evidence that detoxification is necessary or effective for good health or weight loss. Sacks says, "Your body is designed to remove toxins efficiently with organs such as the kidneys, liver, and colon. You don’t need detox diets, pills, or potions to help your body do its job."
So instead of a detox fast, opt for a healthy diet plan that you can stick with long-term. Healthy diets provide at least 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day and include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, lean protein, beans, healthy fats, and plenty of fluids -- along with regular physical activity.

Here is a two week progress photo. I will show my older photo once I find it.
critique me fellas, i know I have a lot to work on.
Btw I'm only 6'2 164
EAT

..............a lot
well, homie never said what his goals are

i would advise a "clean bulk" , do NOT eat any and everything you want, i would say ramp up the carbs for sure because you are clearly an ecto/meso, and as we all know kick up the protein, you dont really need to count fats as long as you arent od'ing on sweets and fast food, natural fats like avocado, egg yolks, nuts, are all cool and dont need to be counted imo

anyone have a bodybuilding, gnc, or anywhere code? need to restock and the 5lb tubs i need are hitting $60-80
mean.gif

GIANTSET10 for 10% off.

Also, for protein.... check out the Cellucor performance stack. 3 2lb tubs + 30 servings of C4 (awesome pre-workout IMO) for $69.99. Or 3 4lb tubs + 30 servings of C4 for $129.99. Depending if you want the PWO or not, 70 bucks for six pounds of protein or 130 for twelve pounds of protein is a good deal! 25 grams of protein per serving too. 

2 LB: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/whey-performance-stack-plus-c4.html

4 LB:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/whey-performance-stack-4lbs-plus-c4.html

Most of the boxing gyms in my town are glorified zumba gyms. I learned to box at a small Mexican gym. I'm sure LA has a bunch of those

man, I feel you. Right now I do a "boxing cardio" but I do want something that's more on technique, but not so much to the point where it's for people who are looking to get competitive. Seeing you guys post about it though, I'm gonna get back on the grind and find a gym. ****, I might even go to the one my trainer goes to :lol: #duh

GIANTSET10 for 10% off.

Also, for protein.... check out the Cellucor performance stack. 3 2lb tubs + 30 servings of C4 (awesome pre-workout IMO) for $69.99. Or 3 4lb tubs + 30 servings of C4 for $129.99. Depending if you want the PWO or not, 70 bucks for six pounds of protein or 130 for twelve pounds of protein is a good deal! 25 grams of protein per serving too. 

2 LB: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/whey-performance-stack-plus-c4.html

4 LB:http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/whey-performance-stack-4lbs-plus-c4.html
i'm lactose intolerant
mean.gif
which is why my protein costs more

i would advise a "clean bulk" , do NOT eat any and everything you want, i would say ramp up the carbs for sure because you are clearly an ecto/meso, and as we all know kick up the protein, you dont really need to count fats as long as you arent od'ing on sweets and fast food, natural fats like avocado, egg yolks, nuts, are all cool and dont need to be counted imo
Body types dont mean shhhh. You can start off one type and turn into another and many people are a combo of more than one...

I do agree with the clean bulk, even though Im not exactly eating clean 
laugh.gif

Got pissed today while doing DLs. I just couldn't keep my back tight at the top, my shoulders keep falling and rounding over. Any tips? It only happens when I start getting up in weight.

Had a great workout earlier today. Curls, Dumbbell bench presses, did some ab work and hit the treamill to finish.

:pimp:

Last edited:

Here's Mad Bounce x2. It's one of the vert workouts I did for those who asked. I'm still gonna post a modified version of something better though when I get time, make it a shorter workout too since I assume everyone already lifts 3x a week or more and plyos you want to do at 100% intensity so find a place to stick them in your routine but not after legs because then you're giving ****** quality reps. Maybe on arm day or a day you normally rest you can add them in, I'll make like 15 minutes or less since again they're about the reps being good not reaching some arbitrary number or doing them without resting, they aren't cardio, although you can do them that way but then you're training endurance moreso than your CNS and fast twitch muscles to jump higher.

this is a reach, but anyone here go to Texas State and life at the Rec?

looking for someone to lift with, lifting alone is alright but more gainz could be achieved with someone, ya know?

Dudes, what whey protein do you recommend? I used to buy some from bodybuilder years ago when I was active on the first thread. It ran out and I got lazy of copping online so I've been getting some from Trader Joe's ever since. It tastes good so I stuck with it. Kinda want to change it up now. I only mix with water so I need something that's somewhat taste tolerable.

I saw the links on the last page but I think that's too much for what I'm looking for. I don't need pre work out. Just something to down after the work out itself.

Also, what kinda snacks you dudes eating throughout the day? Trying to see if anyone has something unique to share. For me, it's peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread at 10AM. Jello and strawberries at 2PM. Bag of carrots, apple and a granola bar at 4PM.

Last edited:

Body types dont mean shhhh. You can start off one type and turn into another and many people are a combo of more than one...

I do agree with the clean bulk, even though Im not exactly eating clean :lol:

Got pissed today while doing DLs. I just couldn't keep my back tight at the top, my shoulders keep falling and rounding over. Any tips? It only happens when I start getting up in weight.
Body types can give you an idea of how people react to foods, if dud looks like that and the only thing he's done is hit the gym, hasn't changed diet or anything, then what I said is probably true, kick up protein and complex carbs... and I called him an ecto-meso hybrid in case you didn't notice

Dudes, what whey protein do you recommend? I used to buy some from bodybuilder years ago when I was active on the first thread. It ran out and I got lazy of copping online so I've been getting some from Trader Joe's ever since. It tastes good so I stuck with it. Kinda want to change it up now. I only mix with water so I need something that's somewhat taste tolerable.

I saw the links on the last page but I think that's too much for what I'm looking for. I don't need pre work out. Just something to down after the work out itself.

Also, what kinda snacks you dudes eating throughout the day? Trying to see if anyone has something unique to share. For me, it's peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread at 10AM. Jello and strawberries at 2PM. Bag of carrots, apple and a granola bar at 4PM.

ON gold standard has a good profile and is the best bank for your buck...try your luck on ebay

My goal is around 190.

Ive been lifting for the past two months just got on a serious workout plan two weeks ago.
I know the benefits of protein, but what exactly does carbs do?

Also my problem could be that I eat too clean. I eat oatmeal eggs tilapia broccoli whole wheat bread peanut butter whole milk. These are the main items I eat weekly. I really need to give candy up thats my weakness.

Any substitutes for candy cravings?

Back
Top Bottom