STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Better grip with no pad IMO.

Have read that it changes center of gravity, and alters your form.

I could careless what people use.

If You feel good with wearing gloves, rocking a barbell pad, even do quarter squats or quarter bench.. Than gods speed.

I keep it moving.

Rest day for me today.

Love not going in the gym on Mondays.
Exactly, but man does it piss me off when I see guys doing these ******ed kipping or whatever bs pull-ups 
indifferent.gif

For me personally, I use strength workouts when I'm cutting because I find that I feel weaker with less calorie intake and need to make sure I can still keep up my weight amounts.
also when you're in a caloric deficit you're not gonna put on mass so doing a hypertrophy workout isn't productive

I've been bulking since May and my strength has gone up VERY little. Granted I've been doing a hypertrophy routine (3 sets, 10-12 reps each exercise), but does hitting a strength plateau matter when you are trying to put on size? My dumbbell bench has only gone up from 70 to 75 for all three sets. It's hard to increase the weight since I'm trying to hit at least 10 reps each set and dumbbells increase by 10 pounds total. As long as I keep eating over my TDEE and lift as much as I can (even though it has remained the same for a while) will I keep putting on muscle mass?

Your strength isn't going to go up until you lift heavier with lower reps than 10.

5x5 is good
5x3 is good

Your body has to get used to heavier weight to push heavier weight.

Your strength isn't going to go up until you lift heavier with lower reps than 10.

5x5 is good
5x3 is good

Your body has to get used to heavier weight to push heavier weight.

This.

I used to be stuck at 135 for bench, and I couldn't even do 5x5 on that.

You can still build muscle with a 5x5. It's just more strength oriented rather than hypertrophy.

I used to do the 3x8-10 for everything, and it's very easy to plateau.

This.

You can still build muscle with a 5x5. It's just more strength oriented rather than hypertrophy.

Man that rep crap don't matter once I started eating more my lifts went up. As long as your not doing like 4x15 or something. That's just my opinion though

A few lulz were had

skip what they were talking about...I wanna take her pre workout.

true story though...the right pre-workout...can turn....consensual sex....into....rape....in a matter of minutes. Savage status.

Thanks guys, pretty set on going back to the normal splits after this week. Aiming for strength while cutting so the big compounds will be in the 4-6 rep range (Bench Press, Squats, Deadlifts, OHP, Pendlay Rows) with the accessory lifts in the 8-12 range. 6 days a week (Mon-Sat) with the 6th day being just a focus on lower weight and form with Bench, Squat, OHP, Rows.

Legs
Squats (4X4-6)
Straight Leg DL (3X8-12)
Powercleans with superset Box Jumps (3x4)
Leg extensions with superset calf raises (4X10)

Chest/Tris
Barbell Bench Press (4X4-6)
Incline Bench Press (3X8-10)
Decline Bench Press (3X8-10)
Weighted Dips (4X8-10)
Skullcrushers (3X8-12)
Tricep Pushdowns (3X8-12)

Shoulders/Abs
OHP (4X4-6)
Arnold Press (4X8-10)
Side Raises (3X8-10)
Upright Rows with superset DB shrugs (3X10)
Cable Crunch/Toe to Head Raises/Decline Crunches/wheel outs/planks - basically 2 sets of abs

Back/Bis
Pendlay Rows (4X4-6)
Lat Pulldowns (3X8-10)
DB Row (3X8-10)
Pullups (3X8-10)
DB Curl (3X4-8)
Preacher Curl (3X8-10)

Legs
Barbell Deadlift (4X4-6)
Front Squat (3X8-10)
Lunges (4X8-10)
Leg Press with Superset calf raises (4X8-10)

Full focused on form

Any tips, suggestions, etc is welcome.

I've been bulking since May and my strength has gone up VERY little. Granted I've been doing a hypertrophy routine (3 sets, 10-12 reps each exercise), but does hitting a strength plateau matter when you are trying to put on size? My dumbbell bench has only gone up from 70 to 75 for all three sets. It's hard to increase the weight since I'm trying to hit at least 10 reps each set and dumbbells increase by 10 pounds total. As long as I keep eating over my TDEE and lift as much as I can (even though it has remained the same for a while) will I keep putting on muscle mass?
I dont think Ive ever had an entire workout that was 3 sets with 10 reps on all exercises.

I be doing dumb drop sets and stuff like that for isolation stuff. **** I do it for compounds too.

Stick with a 5x5 for compounds until you get stuck then go to 3s if your trying to just get stronger. I personally dont do 5s for DLs though, 3 is usually the highest.
Down 12 pounds from slow cut..

Got my first scale today, and about to take my nutrition to another level.
Digital food scale changed my life, real talk.

Last edited:
This.

Man that rep crap don't matter once I started eating more my lifts went up. As long as your not doing like 4x15 or something. That's just my opinion though

Man you just stopped being fat. You gotta chill on trying to debunk conventional wisdom based on your short experience. You sound wild sometimes in here.

Thanks freeze.

I'm stoaked for this cut.

Going to be my first true dedicated cut.

I've always ate healthy for the most part, for the past 2 years, but never striiiiiiiict.

Back
Top Bottom