STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

F it. Don't usually post selfies but it gets me more motivated seeing y'all's progress and pictures y'all post up, and yeah even Lucky's pics. 7 weeks into the routine I'll post up a before picture once I find one but this was today.

About to go HAM at a Brazilian steakhouse, kinda like Fogo but better IMO. It's the pops birthday so I'm gonna enjoy myself. Hopefully I don't get food coma and feel lazy as hell since I got a flag football game at 10:30.

Put in work fellas.

Anybody have suggestions for lower back exercises?

I do Hyperextensions, and Good Mornings, but I want 2-3 more.

reverse hypers, of course deadlifts. roman style.

Wish I could start doing DLs again, bruh. I have that lower back/tailbone injury that prevents me from doing it even at light weight without pain.

oh damn, sorry to hear that man. at your spot, do you have the back extension machine where you sit and have the weighted pad at your back and you rock backwards to lift the weight? that works well.

I believe so. I'm goin to look for it tonight.

I figure if I train my core 3x a week for a month, or so, I may he able to start hitting my old deadlift numbers within a couple of months.

here is my skinny fat on my way to skinnyville progress pic. i was so damn soft and spongy and marshmallow fat it repulses me. my short-term goal is to lose about 10-15 more to get some visible abs but i struggle horribly with nutrition. my longer-term goal is to become more mobile/agile and put on some lean mass. following this thread has helped.

Props brah. How long have you been at it? We basically had the same "before" build.

BWood - you went to UCF? That gym was bananas but yea always packed.

thanks guys. have had a gym membership for about the past 3 years. had to take a total of about 4-5 months or so though to heal some really bad tennis elbow on both sides in the first year. first two years was going to a fancy health club. i'd do the typical bro-split but there was no intensity when i worked out. i'd put in the time but there were plenty of old people and i guess i cruised in-between sets too much. mostly iso and minimal compounds. rarely did squats. zero deadlifts. zero OHP. then i quit that club and started working out at our facility gym which is kind of like prison yard style. i also joined the UFC gym locally which has a much better motivating atmosphere. then my son was born and my nutrition got better and i was more fatigued all the time but then i started letting out aggression in the gym. started doing way more compounds too. helps that i don't have as much money to spend so i hang in general and this thread more than sneaker showcase :lol:

Great progress.

I only get on this site for this thread and the booootys. don't eem care bout kicks no more. srs.

Lucky you a fool for da hot pink.

Last edited:
thanks guys. have had a gym membership for about the past 3 years. had to take a total of about 4-5 months or so though to heal some really bad tennis elbow on both sides in the first year. first two years was going to a fancy health club. i'd do the typical bro-split but there was no intensity when i worked out. i'd put in the time but there were plenty of old people and i guess i cruised in-between sets too much. mostly iso and minimal compounds. rarely did squats. zero deadlifts. zero OHP. then i quit that club and started working out at our facility gym which is kind of like prison yard style. i also joined the UFC gym locally which has a much better motivating atmosphere. then my son was born and my nutrition got better and i was more fatigued all the time but then i started letting out aggression in the gym. started doing way more compounds too. helps that i don't have as much money to spend so i hang in general and this thread more than sneaker showcase :lol:

Man, I pretty much look like ur before pic but with a bigger belly. Lol. How long did it take to get where you're at? I was 255 but after a half marathon I'm now down to 220. Tryin to get to 180-190 hoping that will get me where I want to be aesthetically. Mad props tho.

if you cut seriously for about 15-20 lbs you would be jacked, you got a solid frame. Thats one thing about genetics we all can be fat as heck but our muscle weight differs person to person which is why some people can lose fat an look jacked and some look super skinny fat.
Can you explain what you're saying above? Not sure I get what you're getting at.

F it. Don't usually post selfies but it gets me more motivated seeing y'all's progress and pictures y'all post up, and yeah even Lucky's pics. 7 weeks into the routine I'll post up a before picture once I find one but this was today.

About to go HAM at a Brazilian steakhouse, kinda like Fogo but better IMO. It's the pops birthday so I'm gonna enjoy myself. Hopefully I don't get food coma and feel lazy as hell since I got a flag football game at 10:30.

Put in work fellas.

That's a dope shower curtain brah

I had ACL/Meniscus surgery back in HS, missed my senior year of football. Had pt for over 3 months before sugery and was cleared from pt 4 months after surgery. Everyone's rehab is different though so you have to just to work hard at it and not rush anything.

Thanks for everyone posting. I was being a sarcastic bout the 24 hours lurkin haha.

Yeah no I'm gonna be the most agitated 20something with a cane in America for the next bunch of months.

How long before y'all could go back to work/take a shower/be manageable?

Man I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you wont be walking in 24hrs much less lifting. 

Which kind of surgery are you getting? I had mine fully replaced from a cadaver. 

bwood: It's a ***** of a rehab process man.

Really brutal.

This X 100

I'm gonna go for a graft, unless the surgeon decides different. Doc said my ACL wasn't even visible at all in my MRI haha.

How are you feeling post-op? Agility/strength-wise?

I wanna be able to play ball, get drunk, all that like normal.

I used my patellar tendon.

Dissolvable screws.

I'm years out from surgery, and cranking.

Played college ball too.

Just dedicated yourself to world of rehab.

Man, I pretty much look like ur before pic but with a bigger belly. Lol. How long did it take to get where you're at? I was 255 but after a half marathon I'm now down to 220. Tryin to get to 180-190 hoping that will get me where I want to be aesthetically. Mad props tho.

in the pic i started at 210+ and am at around 175. went from about 190 to 175 in about 8 months. it's not all about the weight though and more about body composition. you sure as heck can do it if i can. i'm generally a lazy guy. being in this thread and listening to the guys that post regularly has really helped me.

Can you explain what you're saying above? Not sure I get what you're getting at.
That's a dope shower curtain brah

Lol. My mom offered to buy me new ones. I only got them since they have the built in clips in the shower curtain so you don't have to buy the rings and curtain.

Hit a new PR for T Bar Rows tonight. 3x5 180 lbs. Kept dropping down in weight after those 3 sets, did about 12 total sets between 5-10 reps.

Followed by Seated Rows/Lat Pulldown super set with Standing/Seated Calf Raises. Up to body weight for Seated Rows now without doing all the rocking back, and forth.

Did some core work after all that. Hyperextensions, and that machine Freeze mentioned were brutal. Lower back was numb after 10 sets total.

Does anybody else get spasms sometimes when they do weighted ab work? Had one of those tonight for a few seconds.

Didn't realize that people kept PRs for T-Bar rows.

Any PR is a good one IMO but I usually just remember it for the big compounds and pendlay BB rows.

Sizenote: NT went mobile and allowed automatic posting of pictures straight from your iPhone. Got me on NT even more now.

Any PR is a good one IMO but I usually just remember it for the big compounds and pendlay BB rows.

Sizenote: NT went mobile and allowed automatic posting of pictures straight from your iPhone. Got me on NT even more now.
Ya. The way I orient my lifting though is to increasing my big 4 lifts and to a lesser extent my cleans. (Full goal is increasing athletic function). In short, don't really think it's worth tracking assistance exercise PRs for my purposes.

I had surgery on both feet (flat flooted) one by one ended up in a series of cast for about 7-8 weeks SMH. Still not fully recovered but it's getting there.. Worst part was trying to use muscle I didn't use for so long and strengthening everything from the knee down to learn how to run again..

Ya. The way I orient my lifting though is to increasing my big 4 lifts and to a lesser extent my cleans. (Full goal is increasing athletic function). In short, don't really think it's worth tracking assistance exercise PRs for my purposes.

T Bar Rows are an assistance exercise? Oh okay, lol. Bent Over Rows too, huh?

Get out your feelings, because I proved you wrong when I said I can apply progressive overload to different routines, and make gains.

Not entertaining this convo after this message.

T Bar Rows are an assistance exercise? Oh okay, lol. Bent Over Rows too, huh?

Get out your feelings, because I proved you wrong when I said I can apply progressive overload to different routines, and make gains.

Not entertaining this convo after this message.

Damn, cant even have a conversation about it? Thats how knowledge is learned/shared... through discussion. Its not like he personally attacked you.

Just for the sake of playing devils advocate, if T Bar Rows arent an assistance exercise, what are the assistance exercises to a T Bar Row?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom