STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

You eat like a pig though.
Talking about amount of food, not the quality 
laugh.gif

I'm a pretty balanced eater 

Simply doing high bar squats will not lead to the mobility needed to go deeper. It would require more specific mobility training, depending on the individual person's needs. Oftentimes the calves are the main culprit, but faulty motor control (gluteal amnesia, for example) can also lead to problems going ATG. There is also the issue of individual body structure, such as the structure of the hip joint, which can limit how low you can safely squat.

Kelly Starrett's videos are not a good source of information on training mobility (defined as active range of motion). If you want short term passive flexibility gains, it might help, but longer term gains require more work and smarter training. Stretching using bands, lacrosse balls, and barbells in the ways that he recommends are nearly useless, in my opinion. A better way to train for mobility (and flexibility) involves actively building strength at the end ranges of motion using isometric contractions, weighted movements, and/or unweighted movements at the end range, depending on the mobility pattern you need to develop. There is a role for self-myofascial release and other soft tissue work, but that is best handled by a competent manual therapist.
Why does this have to sound extra bro-science-esque, not everyone knows those terms.

Simplify this? 
laugh.gif
 What do I do for better range and mobility.

EDIT

Read your last post on your 3 suggestions. No one knows what the hell youre talking about, not everyone is familiar with body parts or muscles you are talking about fam. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Refeed day. Had to get those carbs in

2ecjhwn.jpg

After dinner, decided to go for a lil run

2wez212.jpg

It's been about a month since I ran over 3 miles. Trying to get back into it

So would ya'll say a balanced diet of equal breads, veggies, fruits, nuts, meats and fish is where it's at, no fad diets, just the basic diet and exercise, that sound good?

So would ya'll say a balanced diet of equal breads, veggies, fruits, nuts, meats and fish is where it's at, no fad diets, just the basic diet and exercise, that sound good?
Add consistency and you have everything you need.

What app is that up there? Can anyone suggest an app that acts more like a notebook? Also an app where you can track calories (maybe has calorie counts of popular foods/food spots.)

What app is that up there? Can anyone suggest an app that acts more like a notebook? Also an app where you can track calories (maybe has calorie counts of popular foods/food spots.)

The app I use is called MyPlate and it's linked thru Livestrong.com

This is your daily caloric preview for the day
29lilc8.jpg

Then your breakdown per meal. You can either search for the item that you ate or use the barcode scanner and get preloaded information that's already logged in
jrfq4l.jpg

As you can see, I was able to search for and find Denny's pancakes
nzlz01.jpg

I don't live and die by this app, but it definitely helps me keep myself accountable. I used to try to memorize my meals for the day and the calories per item. Too much hassle. It's all about working smarter, not harder

Last edited:
QUESTION!!!

How long did it take for your weak arm to be able to keep up?

How do I devolope my weaker arm faster?

So when I lift weights it has gotten easier but still I feel like my right arm is doing more of the work or is that just natural because its my dominant hand?

Also why does my weaker arm have so much more definition but is weaker than my other arm and on the other hand my right arm is stronger but doesnt have the same definition :smh:

Any advice?

Simply doing high bar squats will not lead to the mobility needed to go deeper. It would require more specific mobility training, depending on the individual person's needs. Oftentimes the calves are the main culprit, but faulty motor control (gluteal amnesia, for example) can also lead to problems going ATG. There is also the issue of individual body structure, such as the structure of the hip joint, which can limit how low you can safely squat.

Kelly Starrett's videos are not a good source of information on training mobility (defined as active range of motion). If you want short term passive flexibility gains, it might help, but longer term gains require more work and smarter training. Stretching using bands, lacrosse balls, and barbells in the ways that he recommends are nearly useless, in my opinion. A better way to train for mobility (and flexibility) involves actively building strength at the end ranges of motion using isometric contractions, weighted movements, and/or unweighted movements at the end range, depending on the mobility pattern you need to develop. There is a role for self-myofascial release and other soft tissue work, but that is best handled by a competent manual therapist.

Why does this have to sound extra bro-science-esque, not everyone knows those terms.

Simplify this? :lol:  What do I do for better range and mobility.

EDIT

Read your last post on your 3 suggestions. No one knows what the hell youre talking about, not everyone is familiar with body parts or muscles you are talking about fam. :lol:

Really? I dont think any of that is confusing at all.

lol

How many people in here know what self-myofacascial release is? 

Very few people in here have the degrees and level of scientific knowledge related to fitness that you 2 have.

Last edited:
Day IV. 2 miles. Kinda got a groove. After my run I do those leg exercises I was supposed to be doing the entire time lol, but I'm doing them now.

I like to think I'm well researched but some of the discussion has been over my head.

On the bright side, what a great time to be into weightlifting. It seems an American record is getting broken every couple of months.

The latest guy is some dude named Norik in the snatch in the 94 kg clsss

Americans still don't stand a chance against the Chinese and the Russians and whoever else is out there though

As long as weightlifting is only an amateur sport over here this will be the case. All the explosive dudes are in the NFL, etc

Last edited:
Thats why that guy barely post in here. He tries to help out and thats the response he gets. For the most part I think what he was trying to say was pretty clear. For the things I couldn't understand I used google. Really isnt that hard

Thats why that guy barely post in here. He tries to help out and thats the response he gets. For the most part I think what he was trying to say was pretty clear. For the things I couldn't understand I used google. Really isnt that hard
If you wanna explain something to someone, why do it in terms that the regular joe wont understand. That just sounds douchey. 

Back
Top Bottom