STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Repped Sauave!

I'm hungry...but ive consumed nearly all my calorie allowance for the day...cutting sucks...
This is why I do the 6 meals a day and measure out... if you're hungry eat protein and veggies, trust it wont hurt you.
Unless you're doing IF

When I was in HS, I thought 20oz chococate milks and donuts would bloat me..
when I was about that bulk life :lol:

wild thing is even though im gaining like a pound or 2, I look much better now.. then I did.

^^^^

GreenNGold89 GreenNGold89

Have you done any boxing before?

What you can do with those would be limited if not.

Also, I like to MOVE around the heavy bag, which might be hard with the protruding legs of the stand (I can't really tell from the pic, but it's very possible. I work out at one gym with a frame around the heavy bags that gets in the way of a lot of them) and the rest of the set up.

And the quality is probably ****. You're getting that whole set up + gloves for $350.

I'm thinking about getting some great gloves that will probably be over 200-250 alone (Winning). A good heavy bag is 150-200+. etc. etc.

And you're getting all that in one pack + speedbag/stand, double end etc. That don't add up.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
$200-$250 for gloves? :lol:

Dude is probably just trying to box for a good workout, go get some Everlast gloves for around $50 at Sports Authority.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the price was really cheap so I was hesitant. I've only taken about 10 boxing classes in my life but wanted to get something for the house, the problem is it's going to have to be a floor mount or stand because I don't have anywhere to hang it.

I'll keep checking out other stuff also. Thanks for the help.

:lol: Yeah I'm just boxing for the workout so I ain't dropping $200 on gloves, but I do want to be able to move around the bag. Didn't think that would be an issue until someone pointed it out.

IF is treating me good. Down about 7 lbs in 1 week. Feel stronger, leaner, more focused. It maybe all in my head but I haven't felt this good since HS. 

what's your eating window? and do you base it around work or being home?

I made mine while I'm at work and just hope to go to sleep as soon as I come home, but having a kid and a woman makes that hard :smh: always something to do after work

IF is treating me good. Down about 7 lbs in 1 week. Feel stronger, leaner, more focused. It maybe all in my head but I haven't felt this good since HS. 
what's your eating window? and do you base it around work or being home?

I made mine while I'm at work and just hope to go to sleep as soon as I come home, but having a kid and a woman makes that hard
mean.gif
always something to do after work
It's varied but its always been a 18-20 hour fast.

Some days My last meal is 1030 so I'll fast till 6:30-7:30 at work & training

And I'll eat from 6:30-10:30 at home

I work and train fasted and never felt more focused, so I'm hoping this keeps up, whether it's a placebo of my mindset or actually working, I feel phenomenal.

And I feel you man, I made mine this way cause my wife and I like to go out to dinner, so it's easy to just look up calories and make sure that I stay within my macros.

Yesterday I ordered Wingstop and had 10 wings= 700 calories and was done for the night 
mean.gif
sick.gif
 Gonna have to eat a little more today.

Be careful and always get your calories in while doing IF.

Last edited:
$200-$250 for gloves? :lol:

Dude is probably just trying to box for a good workout, go get some Everlast gloves for around $50 at Sports Authority.

I wasn't telling him to spend $200 on gloves. But it's worth the investment for me.

The point was, if great gloves cost 200, then how good can an entire gym + wraps/gloves/ropes be if it costs $350.

And PLEASE do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy Everlast gloves from Sports Authority. You can get decent gloves elsewhere at a good price.

That's a terrible suggestion :lol: Especially for people who don't even punch with proper form yet who plan on hitting a heavy bag.

Last edited:
Whats wrong with Everlast for a hobby boxer? Correct form and a tight wrist is more important than gloves, although obviously great gloves help a lot. I used to box here and there before and used Everlast gloves. I didnt know any better back then about different brands and whatnot but they did the job for me.

illphillip posts some nice watches on the timepiece thread, so I'm sure $200 on gloves isn't hurting his wallet.

:lol:

I do quite a bit of boxing. And I'm not a spring chicken anymore. So great gloves make a difference.

Hands, wrist, shoulders, back. The whole 9.

Some good gloves will probably run around 100. So I'm just taking the next step up and buying what I consider (from use) and are widely regarded as the best on the market.

Like I said, for me it's a sound investment for another 100 or so.

Whats wrong with Everlast for a hobby boxer? Correct form and a tight wrist is more important than gloves, although obviously great gloves help a lot. I used to box here and there before and used Everlast gloves. I didnt know any better back then about different brands and whatnot but they did the job for me.

It's not just Everlast. But the ones they sell in dept. stores tend to be terrible. When you get past those, they make some OK gloves though.

Gloves with bad wrist support and cushioning to me can be bad news if you're hitting a heavy bag with any real force and still learning how to throw punches. If you're in more of a cardio class, different story.

I would say wait until TitleBoxing or Rngside have a 20 or 30% off promotion and you can get a good pair at a good price. Spend a little more if you can for better quality (real leather etc.) and better performance (padding, wrist support etc.) if you plan on boxing a fair amount, landing punches on bags/pads/people etc.

Again, just my .02

damn I got a head cold,
going to hit the sauna for a bit then try to pour everything in to the work out today. we'll see how it goes

Any tips on taking strain off the shoulders when benching? Doing sets of 245*3*3 after warming up and the first 2 reps would go up pretty smooth, but on the third rep I could feel the strain on my shoulders. It felt like my shoulders were doing the brunt of the heavy lifting at that point. Usually my grip is index finger on the hash mark. Any advice would be much appreciated NT fam.

Back
Top Bottom