STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Repped appreciated. Also do you ir anyone else in here take yohimbine
yohimbe?

i took it when i first discovered BB.com and did my first plan.

only supps i take now are mulit vitamin and glucosamine

yohimbine hcl > yohimbe bark
some people feel really crappy when they take yohimbine. it does make me kind of anxious.

Fasted training for me today as well and I hit 345x6 on deadlifts at 154lbs.  

350x6 next week.  
smokin.gif

Been on PB, bread and watermelon diet lately. Dropped from 270 to 250 in 4 weeks. Any thoughts on alternative for protein? My gout trips every time I consume meat smh

Hurt my back some while ago, and I've seen the doctor and all he did was prescribe muscle relaxers that don't fix anything, they only make me drowsy. No x-ray, MRI, CT Scan, nothing. It really is a sharp pain near the base of my spine and he says it is back spasms and I should stay out of the gym because majority of weight lifting includes some use of the back. I've done everything he has said and there has been no improvement in pain. It hurts just bending over to tie my boots in the morning and sitting in my car during the drive to work. Worst of all is I'm losing any progress that I made.

Hurt my back some while ago, and I've seen the doctor and all he did was prescribe muscle relaxers that don't fix anything, they only make me drowsy. No x-ray, MRI, CT Scan, nothing. It really is a sharp pain near the base of my spine and he says it is back spasms and I should stay out of the gym because majority of weight lifting includes some use of the back. I've done everything he has said and there has been no improvement in pain. It hurts just bending over to tie my boots in the morning and sitting in my car during the drive to work. Worst of all is I'm losing any progress that I made.

See a different doctor, I know so many people that have been mis-diagnosed by doctors.

What caused the injury if you don't mind me asking?

^^^ I was doing squats, I went kind of heavy, at least heavy for me, and the first 9 reps were perfect form, the last one went awry because I got lazy/tired and just wanted to finish it out and I had horrible form. I felt the pain instantaneously. I thought "that's what you get for cheating" and instead of calling it a day, I proceeded to continue to keep working out through the pain thinking it would just pass. I woke up the next morning and could barely get out of bed.

Fasted training for me today as well and I hit 345x6 on deadlifts at 154lbs.  

350x6 next week.  :smokin

Last time I went heavy on DLs on an empty stomach, I nearly passed out. Finished the last rep and everything turned white. Not doing that again.

See a different doctor, I know so many people that have been mis-diagnosed by doctors.

What caused the injury if you don't mind me asking?

What he said. Lazy/overbooked docs prescribe meds with no follow-up.

I think something similar happened to me. I would definitely rest it for a while. I actually think lifting is far better for the back than cardio. Running puts a ton of pressure on my back and it's partially unpredictable. Just go extra light on squats/deads and work your way up.

Definitely go to a different doctor or even a chiropractor if possible. My chiropractor didn't help too much but he at least sent me for X-Rays, told me what the issue was, gave me temporary relief with massages/ice/heat. If the issue is too serious for them, they should recommend you go elsewhere - so it can't hurt.

Bros, could anyone point me in the right direction with a pre-workout to try? I workout at 730pm, and by the time I get there, I'm feeling sluggish and sometimes tired. Was looking into trying a pre-workout to get me going, but something that isn't so harsh and will keep me awake all night.

Any input?

7 30 is kind of late for me to take a pre work out. and not still be wired by 9/10 to go to bed.

if you dont mind any pre work out can suffice, but you should try caffeine pills. just break off like half. or a quarter. then get some intra work out to sip on. and you good.

Anyone here with the cheap yearly membership from 24 hr fitness from back in the day? Looks like they're starting to increase those memberships by $50.
mean.gif

I was good paying my $49.99/year

Last edited:
Anyone here with the cheap yearly membership from 24 hr fitness from back in the day? Looks like they're started to increase those memberships by $50.
mean.gif

I was good paying my $49.99/year
$50 a year, WOW
I got it back in 2007. Paid $750 up front for 3 years then they told me every year for life would be $50/year. Looks like they're trying to change that policy

Back
Top Bottom