STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Would YOU consider 6 smoked chicken wings and two sides of collard greens as a cheat meal. Just had an argument about this with someone

Would YOU consider 6 smoked chicken wings and two sides of collard greens as a cheat meal. Just had an argument about this with someone

tiny wings? or big wings?

did you eat the skin?

Eitherway, I don't consider that a cheat meal.

Last edited:
Its high fat but i dont really considered it a cheat meal. High carbs and sugar are what i consider cheats. Now if your current meal plan doesnt have fats in it then maybe...

Its high fat but i dont really considered it a cheat meal. High carbs and sugar are what i consider cheats. Now if your current meal plan doesnt have fats in it then maybe...
Now if we eating out at wingstop different story haha

yeah my wife and family are super supportive. wife bought me the sbd sleeves just cause she knew i wanted them. my mom likes to tell me stuff like: oh you stopped working out? dad gave me a gift card to a fitness shop by my job.

my wife's family is almost too supportive. they're powerlifters. they want me to squat with them on saturday [emoji]128517[/emoji] gonna be a hard workout taking off all those plates when it's my turn [emoji]128557[/emoji]
Time to join the darkside Mike
devil.gif
 aka get fat and strong

This slow cut is killing me looking at the scale.. weird how youc an wake up, take a piss weigh yourself be 202.8 go back to sleep, wake up 2 hours later take a piss and be 202.2
so
wild thing is I can finally see changes in my body, so this makes the end of week 5 for me 8lbs down. (week 1 not sure if i can count as starting since I cleaned up but still went ham on the forth of july and the day after) I'll say 4 weeks to make myself happy.

I was going to wait til i got to 200 flat for a refeed/cheat. but I think I may go ahead and give it to myself this weekend.
Cardio next week is going to be a bit more intense next week.

may be burger and fries time!

lol true. Let me rephrase def can't be going to buffalo wild wings ordering 50 wings.. if im not mistaken most wings are like 5-6 grams of fat.

When people see you doing something and accomplishing things, it brings out the insecurity and the criticism because it makes them feel uncomfortable. Makes them have to face all the poor decisions they've made and the goals they've chosen NOT to pursue because they lack the belief in themselves to do it, no matter how badly they want it.

I take the criticisms and the jokes as compliments. I have no time to cater to others' insecurities. Keep throwing the shade so I have somewhere cool to relax.

Anybody here got flak from people in your life ie, family, coworkers, friends about working out

I saw some videos on the tube about it and i guess people call it muscle shaming, Im assuming that its a play on fat shaming 

For me its not ever super srs where im thoroughly upset, it can just get a little annoying lol, It mostly always has to do with food

Like people will look at me crazy if they see me look at the nutrition facts on something or make snarky remarks about how i must spend all my time in the gym or i must only eat grilled chicken and broccoli. 
indifferent.gif

Its funny because i go out of my way to not look like a meathead.
laugh.gif
 One of my favorite laws in the 48 laws of power is "Make your accomplishments seem effortless" I try and live by that but its like once people notice a slight hint of gainz they nitpick and think you must have OCD

I know it seems like a vent, But theyre just some thoughts i had.
Been the opposite with me... and who cares? Do you live for yourself or others?
This slow cut is killing me looking at the scale.. weird how youc an wake up, take a piss weigh yourself be 202.8 go back to sleep, wake up 2 hours later take a piss and be 202.2
so
wild thing is I can finally see changes in my body, so this makes the end of week 5 for me 8lbs down. (week 1 not sure if i can count as starting since I cleaned up but still went ham on the forth of july and the day after) I'll say 4 weeks to make myself happy.

I was going to wait til i got to 200 flat for a refeed/cheat. but I think I may go ahead and give it to myself this weekend.
Cardio next week is going to be a bit more intense next week.

may be burger and fries time!
lol true. Let me rephrase def can't be going to buffalo wild wings ordering 50 wings.. if im not mistaken most wings are like 5-6 grams of fat.
I dunno why you chase a weight on the scale... a .6 lb point fluctuation shouldn't make you feel/better or worse. Water weight fluctuates 1-3 lbs throughout the week anyways.

Body composition / Strength > Scale weight (unless you need to make weight for a comp)

Depending on what you order from wing stop, it isn't that bad nutritionally. When I do eat from there I typically order 20 wings with the low to no carb seasonings. Works perfectly for low carb/high protein/high fat days.

When people see you doing something and accomplishing things, it brings out the insecurity and the criticism because it makes them feel uncomfortable. Makes them have to face all the poor decisions they've made and the goals they've chosen NOT to pursue because they lack the belief in themselves to do it, no matter how badly they want it.

I take the criticisms and the jokes as compliments. I have no time to cater to others' insecurities. Keep throwing the shade so I have somewhere cool to relax.

That's easy if it's coming from distant friends and acquaintances. You can just brush them off or cut them loose.

Sounds like the shots are coming from dude's family though. That's a different ball game.

I think my wife likes me fat, I was about 80lbs lighter when we first met,  (people call this happy tax) worked out pretty consistently, met her and everything went down hill from there. Stopped going to the gym 6days a week because it cut into our "cuddle-time"  She's always telling me it's okay I love you for you, blah blah. 

So anyway, my mom introduced me to weight watchers, because for the last year I've been struggling to get back on track. I must say I do like it. I don't go to the meetings  I just use the app for tracking what eat. I don't necessarily eat junk food, but I do have more freedom than just eating "chicken and vegetables" how I used to.  It's helped me get out of the rut of getting bored with these foods a deem as "healthy" and "bad". 

I also like this thing they have called "Recipe Builder" which gives me the freedom to construct a whole meal and still know how much  I should consume for  my daily intake. So far I've lost about 10lbs in about 2 weeks. So far so good, but I know once I get to a certain point I'll have to really buckle down and start focusing  on what I should eat. But as of right now I'll stick with it and see where it takes me.  

I'm with you. Whenever I eat a lot of sugar or carbs, that is when I am like, "WTF did you just do man." Hogs on the Hill. NE DC if anyone is in the area. That is where I ate from.

I was about to go to Buffalo WIld Wings to watch Ronda Rosey tomorrow but I think I am going to past. I have been very clean over the last 3 weeks, so I don't even want that temptation
Depending on what you order from wing stop, it isn't that bad nutritionally. When I do eat from there I typically order 20 wings with the low to no carb seasonings. Works perfectly for low carb/high protein/high fat days.
The fried nature of it usually makes me want to stay away. You are getting them for now or later. Kinda early isn't it? LOL

Last edited:

I think my wife likes me fat, I was about 80lbs lighter when we first met,  (people call this happy tax) worked out pretty consistently, met her and everything went down hill from there. Stopped going to the gym 6days a week because it cut into our "cuddle-time"  She's always telling me it's okay I love you for you, blah blah. 
I am just asking, not trying to be rude at all. What is your wife's body type? I ask because I am wondering if she wants you thin so less women will want you?

That's easy if it's coming from distant friends and acquaintances. You can just brush them off or cut them loose.

Sounds like the shots are coming from dude's family though. That's a different ball game.
All that takes is a little conditioning. Trust.

My older brother, looked up to him my whole life until the last couple years where I began thinking for myself and started seeing the foolishness in him, gives me flak for a lot. Gives backhanded compliments, makes jokes, busts my balls. "Shouldn't you be stronger? Your bench is only what? Tell me when you get to 225, etc" It's not all done with malice, but I know where it's coming from and deep down he's still my big brother. Still probably gonna spend my whole life trying to pass him and have one up on him no matter how far ahead I am. But when I hear that, I look at where it's coming from and examine what he's doing. Doesn't frequent the gym anymore at all. Does just enough at home to get by, makes no gains/stays stagnant, has a horrible diet. Guy always used to look big to me, but honestly we're starting to look the same size and it's kinda funny to me.

Long story short, you learn to deal. You invest in yourself and believe in what you're doing. Compare yourself to no one and quit watching what they're doing. Once you start achieving you'll start recognizing the same patterns of behavior from people and once you recognize it, you can treat and come up with your own system. You gotta learn to deal with the negative energy no matter it's source. Science says energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only transferred. So when someone transfer negative energy to you, learn to convert it into fuel to keep you going and not to burn you down.

Nah, it's not rude at all she's a bigger woman, which I have no complaints. I knew this when we first met she wasn't into eating healthy and working out, but it's starting to play toll on my body.

I hope it's not a sabotage plot, that would be some wickedness. 

The fried nature of it usually makes me want to stay away. You are getting them for now or later. Kinda early isn't it?

Nah, it's not rude at all she's a bigger woman, which I have no complaints. I knew this when we first met she wasn't into eating healthy and working out, but it's starting to play toll on my body.

I hope it's not a sabotage plot, that would be some wickedness. 
Good luck with that man. It is tough because you would hope to be on the same page with your person without "forcing" them to get on board. You will have your frustrating days but I guess just lead by example. Learn how to say NO too. LOL.

Yea, sometimes I just excuse myself from the room. It's just good that at least I have gym dates with my mom so I have that support system. Saying No is so hard sometimes when you're presented with temptation. 

I dunno why you chase a weight on the scale... a .6 lb point fluctuation shouldn't make you feel/better or worse. Water weight fluctuates 1-3 lbs throughout the week anyways.
Body composition / Strength > Scale weight (unless you need to make weight for a comp)

that's more of a force of habit for me. I def know that body composition is important. But the # on the scale (at times) is sort of an indicator of where I would like my body to be at that weight.
idk your past but I'm someone who came from being fat. (HS I was like 5'5 5-6, 240 round no muscle.)

so for people like me it's definitely mental.
I've gotten down to 160 before (just 2 years ago) and still mentally thought not enough (which is what most of us go through)

I hang out at about 200-205 now I can't mentally let myself get over 220 (which somewhat hurts my gains because I know if I wanted to get higher I could.)

The scale is just old habit but trust I went from checking everyday. (when I was doing my first show)
to now I only need to check once a week (when cutting) when I'm gaining I don't care.

The fried nature of it usually makes me want to stay away. You are getting them for now or later. Kinda early isn't it?

I'm speaking in general, but I'll eat 20 in one sitting as an IF IIFYM meal.

20 classic wings has 100g of fat, 140G of protein, and anywhere from 10-30g of carbohydrates.

Not really have if you were over your macros anything can be a cheat. I think you're good! 

this. if you're going over your macros to eat it, then hell, grilled chicken and brocolli and rice cakes can be a cheat meal.

but typical idea of a cheat is high carb load, high fat. like pizza.

had a great chest workout last night. I pre-exhausted the pecs with the first movement of flyes. completely took shoulders and tries out for the rest of the work out. i used to do it all the time, and then i forgot. it's hella effective at truly working the chest and keeping that stretch and contract connection. I suggest to all.

Not as strong as a lot of y'all in here, but was psyched to hit 3 sets of 5 with 265lbs on squats today.

Weighed in at 159.5lbs today too.

I'm weak as **** lmao. I used to be able to bench 225 which I personally considered strong. 

Had back surgery in December and now I can barely et 135 
sick.gif

I'll keep pushing though
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom