STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Lol @ steroids.

Nah its stress +

Its always in the same spot it twitches. Happens often too. Annoying AF
[

had an awesome push day fam. after havy incline barbell i went and did heavy incline dumbbell. those 85 were going up like butter that first set. 
pimp.gif

had an awesome push day fam. after havy incline barbell i went and did heavy incline dumbbell. those 85 were going up like butter that first set. :pimp:  

Congrats man. Always funny when u see guys grab 100+ dumbell on flat or incline and the weight doesn't even move 7 inches before going back up

My right bicep been twitching uncontrollably since i woke up :smh:. Hate when this happens.

Sometimes, I feel a random tingling in my left tricep. I always feel like it's just a loose string from my shirt or something but there's never anything there :lol:

On another note, all this working out is doing me good and I didn't have much problem with the obstacles in a Spartan Race yesterday. I could see how those courses could become addicting, I already have two other ones I'm looking at before the season ends in Oct.

Last edited:
Sometimes, I feel a random tingling in my left tricep. I always feel like it's just a loose string from my shirt or something but there's never anything there :lol:

On another note, all this working out is doing me good and I didn't have much problem with the obstacles in a Spartan Race yesterday. I could see how those courses could become addicting, I already have two other ones I'm looking at before the season ends in Oct.

Its been doing it again today :smh:

Yeah I'm gonna need to find a spartan race or something with obstacles. Always wanted to do an obstacle race.

They're fun if you've never tried. I've done multiple Spartan, TM, warrior, etc.

Stopped they got boring and repetitive for me

Last edited:
Brehs have y'all tried doing work on sand after legs? On a hot 90℉ day on artificial grass? maaaann :smh: :x

On field
Lunges 50yds x 2
Reverse Lunges 50yds x 2

In sand box
Double Leg Forward to Lateral mini hurdle hops with explosive 5yd sprints x 10 reps (5 to the left/5 to the right)

Could barely walk today(pause), gonna do some active recovery and foam roll. Hopefully hit the weight room tomorrow, haven't gone in 3 weeks. :rolleyes

what?! so you're no longer playing ball for a club?
Not at all man its been a few years.

I'm coaching full time now so I can only get in a pick up game once a week on Friday nights most of the year.

In the offseason like right now maybe I try to attend an organized training session or two if someone I know is involved but it's hard man, at 27 my knees are a lot older than my chronological age and at the higher amateur levels I don't have the cardio fitness to keep up with dudes like you who are still really putting in work in on a day-to-day basis. Never thought it would be like that but yea, I can't just jump into it in that setting. I mean I can but pride and a very real risk of injury are at stake. :lol:

I actually do miss a little HIIT and interval work but I prioritize my two days a week in the gym doing strength training. I thought you were talking a little light cardio just for the sake of getting the heart rate up or burning calories. I've never been able to get down. :lol:
Naw I wasn't talking about a little light cardio, only time I do that is on active recovery days when I just jog and stretch. You didn't have to put all that info out there man [emoji]128546[/emoji]

mans in the red looks like he can't even wipe his butt :x

Last edited:
Day 1 no cigs.

Chest/tris

Bench
Barx10
135x10
225x5
255x3
275x3x2
290x1 (pr) went up easy
225x6

Buncha chest and tri stuff and core.

Last edited:
Nice job ahat keep that should up man as for moking it (smoking it) u don't need that I use too but quit been more than 5 years clean it all a mind thing ...

Congrats man. Always funny when u see guys grab 100+ dumbell on flat or incline and the weight doesn't even move 7 inches before going back up
thanks fam. Tryna hit those 90s for at least 8 reps with full control + ROM

When should one go up in weight for DB bench presses?
I usually go up once I can hit it for about 9 reps on my first set.

So lets say my last push workout I hit 80 for 9 reps then the next time i do a push workout i'll move on to 85 until i can do that for 9 reps.

For me, DB presses are so mental more than any other lift... idk why. just getting those damn DB setup is a challenge lol

Nice job ahat keep that should up man as for moking it (smoking it) u don't need that I use too but quit been more than 5 years clean it all a mind thing ...

Appreciate it. I feel you on that, same thing with trees for me. I would tell myself to quit for the longest time but when i was finally ready to quit it was easy.

I usually go up once im able to do it for multiple sets. I used to do 3sets of 10 so once those sets were easy for me id move up

I usually go up once I can hit it for about 9 reps on my first set.

So lets say my last push workout I hit 80 for 9 reps then the next time i do a push workout i'll move on to 85 until i can do that for 9 reps.

For me, DB presses are so mental more than any other lift... idk why. just getting those damn DB setup is a challenge lol
Appreciate yall fellas, repped

Did a 190 PR on OHP. It was...easy. I struggled with 185 weeks ago. That was weird.

Probably because I'm fat, now. I weighed in at 193 on Sunday for my cutting weigh in. Lawd.

Olympus Olympus I wanted to try out the one they had last month in manhattan. Then I saw I had to pay. Also, I had to go to Manhattan. Also, I was travelling to Manhattan, to pay, to lose.

Decided I'd rather move couches around the house, throw a broom on the floor and run around that for free 99.

But I'm the same guy who had to clip my lock yesterday and didn't want to buy a new one from the gym for $6, cause I had 3 at home, so I just left it unlocked and hoped no one wears size 13 or uses a weight belt.

Back
Top Bottom