STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

damn props forreal.

reminds be again why i never wanna look like a powerlifter.

I feel like those days are dead. Those dudes looking like that aren't what's good anymore.

A lot of powerlifters are shredded. My boy does a powerlifting meet one month and two months later hops in stage and gets first in both. :lol:

What do you guys do for a warmup? Dynamic stretching? Light cardio?

I usually do a light 1 mile jog on my treadmill, but I'm looking for an alternative.

Someone at the gym was recommending dymatize iso 100 protein. Any thoughts?

I believe I took it a long time ago. I personally liked it. Never had a problem with it. If I remember correctly isn't that the one with like no fat or lactose or carbs or something?

I usually do a light 1 mile jog on my treadmill, but I'm looking for an alternative.

I shoot around in the basketball court to get warm. Recently I've added in balance/stability exercise to hit my core and stabilizers before my compounds. Single-leg balance with weight transfer on an airex pad for knee/ankle/hip stability and push-ups on the airex/balance board for shoulder/push stability.

Gotta keep the joints happy.

5 mins of some kind of cardio to get that blood flow going and heart rate up. Then i do 5-10 mins of dynamic stretching and resistance band work for the muscles im about to hit.
Ive grown so accustomed to warming up properly that if i dont my work out suffers.

Last edited:
I'll usually foam roll a little bit, depending on what I'm doing that day. T spine, lats, and pecs for upper body days and hamstrings, glutes, and quads for lower body days.

I do this warm up prior to any pressing.

You guys are better than me lol. I used to just come on and go for broke......probably explains some of my issues now haha

Ill do light stretches but nothing crazy.

No matter what day it is, i always start with regular pull ups to "warm up" and then end with pull ups, but with switching up the angles each day.

I warm up with peoples max.

He ain’t lyin
moIPbV.gif

Legs n shoulders earlier

Squats
135x10
225x5
315x3x10
335x3x2
365x3
225x8
135x10

Right knee felt way better doing triples compared to 5x5.

Ohp
135x10x3

Db shoulder press 4x12
Sir charles raises 4x12
Db lateral raises 4x12
Front raises (plate) 4x12
Db raises 45deg angle 4x12
Face pulls 4x12
Leg press 4x12
Calf raises 4x30

i have to walk to my gym so that and then a few warm up weights.

I use to just go too. my body hated me for that

I just warm up with light weight and gradually increase it until I'm at working weight.

I don't stretch or anything. Like for squats I'll hit some pause squats at 135 a few sets. That's like stretching.

I'm gonna need some PT/manual therapy. In my past life I overemphasized pushing movements WAY too much. My left subscapularis (rotator cuff muscle) has been tight/inflamed for like a year. Just a warning to dudes who love bench day too much. I've since been enlightened.

Balanced workouts is KEY for shoulder health. Push/pull ration should be like 1:2. You should also balance horizontal/vertical pushing and pulling. If you're overhead pressing, you should be doing vertical pulls (chin up patterns, lat pulldowns, etc.). Same goes with horizontal movements.

Back
Top Bottom