STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

french people hate americans from what I hear.

theres this one video of an american girl taking a quick picture of her food (nothing ridiculous) and some french girls were straight up laughing at her and mocking her.

theres also a term called "Paris syndrome" in japanese lol

Paris Syndrome: culture shock sickness sends Japanese tourists packing. Paris Syndrome is a psychological condition experienced almost exclusively by Japanese tourists who are disappointed when the city of lights does not live up to their romantic expectations. ... Around six million Japanese people visit France each year.
is that because of the overwhelming dog poop littering the streets of Paris? between Paris and Japan, I would choose Japan every single time. not just because I'm highly fascinated with Japanese culture but because of the atmosphere and surrounding as well. would have loved to go there during the cancelled Olympics in 2020. although is 2021 Olympics a go or not?

I've always heard Paris has like a square mile that's worth visiting for the food and museums and stuff and the rest of it is whatever

got waken up early in the morning today for something that I haven't experienced in more than 15 years (possibly around 18 years). I'm experiencing leg cramps again (extreme contraction). going out today but have to cancel my run since my leg really hurts. would buy some Mg supplements instead.

is that because of the overwhelming dog poop littering the streets of Paris? between Paris and Japan, I would choose Japan every single time. not just because I'm highly fascinated with Japanese culture but because of the atmosphere and surrounding as well. would have loved to go there during the cancelled Olympics in 2020. although is 2021 Olympics a go or not?
I think they're still aiming for June or July this year.

I've always heard Paris has like a square mile that's worth visiting for the food and museums and stuff and the rest of it is whatever
EVERYONE I know that has been to paris has told me this. your fascinated for about 5 mins then reality sets in it's not that great. Also heard the people are quite rude or just not fond of tourist in general.

Airport in morocco the TSA cup gives you a full pat down and jiggle your balls. They do it to everyone since apparently a lot smuggle exotic animal skin. It Caught me hella off guard only time i regret wearing sweats to a flight.

I think they're still aiming for June or July this year.

EVERYONE I know that has been to paris has told me this. your fascinated for about 5 mins then reality sets in it's not that great. Also heard the people are quite rude or just not fond of tourist in general.

U.K. in my opinion is better as far as places to visit and people are concerned. my only complaint is the overwhelming tourists that crowd the city every year, not to mention the EU constituents that contribute to that as well. food though is nothing special unless you are addicted to Sheperd's Pie. my basic home cooked meal would taste like something that is served in a bistro in comparison to what they typically serve there. as Chef Ramsey would say to the food there ......
bland.jpg

U.K. : streets are littered with cigarette butts
France : streets are littered with dog poop
Japan : streets are littered with cartoon characters

as far as rudeness goes. I believe it is driven by a combination of a feeling of superiority over others, language barrier, annoyance, frustration, etc... I sometimes get annoyed with some people that couldn't speak the language and assume that everyone around them knows or understand their own. it could be frustrating. but anyways, it could have been better. the city needs a makeover. my dream vacation would be to go to a beach paradise and just relax.

forgot who it was but there was a youtube video of some dude asking a middle easter dude if he experienced racism before

dude just looked at him and said "I was a brown kid living in Texas aright after 9/11.... what do you think? :stoneface: "

I'm forever doomed to spend an extra hour or two coming back from international to US with ICE because they mixed up my identity with a Jamaican drug lord and it's not automatically fixable.
Tell them Dudus is locked up already. You gotta flight to catch.

But naw, its so annoying cuz after several of these incidents you realize how stupid these people working those jobs are. Buncha morons making me miss my connection.

My wife keeps trying to get me to go to Paris and I’m like nah I’m good. :lol:

I want to go to somewhere in South America or Vietnam/Thailand trip if I’m spending big money on travel.

Japan : streets are littered with cartoon characters
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!!!!
lol the only place littered with "Anime" characters is Akihabara, and its actually not even that bad.
My wife keeps trying to get me to go to Paris and I’m like nah I’m good. :lol:

I want to go to somewhere in South America or Vietnam/Thailand trip if I’m spending big money on travel.
a good vietnam and thailand trip is awesome. just stay away from bangkok if you're going with family. nothing to really see but a few golden temples that are either right dab in the middle of a city. or far out in some slums.

yeah, I wouldn't take my daughter to that one. she wouldn't be about that life. she barely even wants to go outside. :lol:

I used to work for a company that had an office in London and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there each visit. Office was in the business district of London and walking distance to everything like London bridge, markets, pubs, tower of London and many more. They have some fire Indian food spots there too. Locals seemed very welcoming to tourists for the most part and this kid even showed me a skate park hidden in plain sight near Big Ben which was pretty cool, it was one of my first nights there and I was just walking around in the early evening on my own. There are most definitely shady parts of the city but I feel that's the norm for most major cities out there. A co-worker was warning me of the red light district type area in town lol.

Kind of miss working for that company just because I got to spend a week in London each trip and was even able to expense an AirBnB in a cool part of town that was similarly priced to the plain hotel they had me stay in my first time.

Change this thread to the official traveling thread :pimp:

My boy (who's vietnamese) went to vietnam and was deadlifting 315 at the gym there and everyone was staring at home like he was a powerlifting god :lol:

Change this thread to the official traveling thread :pimp:

My boy (who's vietnamese) went to vietnam and was deadlifting 315 at the gym there and everyone was staring at home like he was a powerlifting god :lol:
Went to this club in Tokyo. So small but so sick. They had a Box Master, first time seeing and using one. So sick.

Went to this club in Tokyo. So small but so sick. They had a Box Master, first time seeing and using one. So sick.

You still boxing like that? I remember you were getting pretty serious into it pre covid

You still boxing like that? I remember you were getting pretty serious into it pre covid
Whatever i can at home/neighborhood. The lockdowns here are so inconsistant. Gyms still arent open. The club and the youth centre downstairs actually closed. They relied heavily on grants from the city and before covid they were struggling. The city was cutting funding. Then the building was deemed to have a termite infestation and there was no way they could afford repairs. Covid was the KO punch. Sad cuz that clubs been around 50+ yrs.

I used to work for a company that had an office in London and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there each visit. Office was in the business district of London and walking distance to everything like London bridge, markets, pubs, tower of London and many more. They have some fire Indian food spots there too. Locals seemed very welcoming to tourists for the most part and this kid even showed me a skate park hidden in plain sight near Big Ben which was pretty cool, it was one of my first nights there and I was just walking around in the early evening on my own. There are most definitely shady parts of the city but I feel that's the norm for most major cities out there. A co-worker was warning me of the red light district type area in town lol.

Kind of miss working for that company just because I got to spend a week in London each trip and was even able to expense an AirBnB in a cool part of town that was similarly priced to the plain hotel they had me stay in my first time.
red light district there is like walking in the slums or back-alley. dark, dreary, foul-smelling and full of drunks. the typical pub is nothing fancy but all drinks, filled with middle age folks just there to get wasted. sometimes, there are occasional young adults to get some drinks. not exactly the party life that you would see directly in the city. it's not really Amsterdam. with the influx of EU folks, it did become much more shadier than it used to. I'm about almost an hour away from Central London. transportation is great considering they come every 2 minutes but I'd rather take the underground for convenience. I'd say I prefer the countryside atmosphere. do I miss London? not so much, but would sure come back there and visit just to see friends and family.

Y’all with the home gyms, what bench do you guys have? I’m looking at rogue, rep, and Titan

it is pretty low to the ground though compared to rogue but the good thing is that its a single peg so your feet has more room esp when benching

Back
Top Bottom