Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

just leave it be. wait till the end of the month. we gotta title this event something.
summerslam .09. summer's almost done though lol
man, you know your confusing your muscles when you're doing a new exercise and your muscles are trying to do something else. lol really confused em todayboy oh boy

did chest and back today

had my Caramel Toffee Fudge flavor from my variety pack and was really good

also took white flood 15-20 mins before my workout and i DEF felt the boost and energy throughout my workout, it was great!
i def recommend this stuff

Vancity- not every steroid makes you stronger. Please educate yourself on AAS before making comments like that.
There are some that will actually weaken your joints which obviously is not good for powerlifting.

Joe- maybe i could bench more. But bench was never my strong side... Dumbell bench press on the other hand...thats diff

Originally Posted by sloanboy

what device are you guys using for measuring your running distance?
Aside from running on the treadmill, I really have no idea. For HIIT, I just do my best...sprint for 10 sets and I'm beat after that.

There's a pretty good watch out that monitors your calories, distance, heart rate, etc. and syncs to your computer via Bluetooth. The brand just skippedmy mind at the moment, but it's around $250-300. Too rich for my blood.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Don Cheto

Originally Posted by sloanboy

what device are you guys using for measuring your running distance?

Nike+
How much did everything set you back? The shoes, the thing that goes inside the shoes and the thing that connects to the iPod?

laugh.gif
Wanksta-that's how I initially did it. I reset the trip odometer and see where it falls when I got home.

Wanksta, you're talking about ON's gold standard? That caramel toffee is pretty good, I'm on the double rich chocolate and I liked the caramelmore.

I had shoulders today but I just wasn't feeling it. Any of you guys have those days? I feel like I just wasted the workout today.

Can we stop with the ******ed "You're a meathead...you do steriods!!!!" "You have high bodyfat!!!!" "I can lift more thanyou!!!!"

No one gives a flying %*+%.

This thread is about helping one another reach their fitness goals.

If you want to compare bodyfat percentages and how big your penises are then go do it somewhere else.

I never understood this mentality of "I can lift more than you"...dudes trying to impress other dudes with how much weight they can lift.

Lets stay on topic and share ideas/experiences/theories/exercise programs etc.

Originally Posted by Vancity74

IICEMAN: Do you compete, or you're just doing this for yourself? Simple question, no judgement from my end.

I'm the last person to judge or critique people and their lifts. I'm weak as hell.

I do it for me...no competetions though i feel this thread turning into one. Now that im thinking about it, my heaviest lifts are usuallu part of my sets whichis usually my forth set. I could possibly do higher numbers if i went str8 for it, i donno. Now i feel challanged lol. I might just try to max up but why... Igrow faster with moderate weight ...

^ you sir, you understand lol. I also used my car, I was growing some mary 1.5 miles away from my house, so I jogged most of it there and back.

Originally Posted by miamin2

Wanksta, you're talking about ON's gold standard? That caramel toffee is pretty good, I'm on the double rich chocolate and I liked the caramel more.

I had shoulders today but I just wasn't feeling it. Any of you guys have those days? I feel like I just wasted the workout today.
Yeah, typically when I'm lifting with others. I feel my breaks are a bit too long and I don't get to do all I want. Don't get mewrong, spotting is appreciated though on certain things.

I've been sleeping on crunchy peanut butter. This craps all over the other choice, smooth.

Originally Posted by miamin2

Wanksta, you're talking about ON's gold standard? That caramel toffee is pretty good, I'm on the double rich chocolate and I liked the caramel more.
yea...it was really good!
laugh.gif

im really enjoying this variety pack...though i wish it had apple pie, sounds good
laugh.gif

Lol at the battles going on here..

You guys can do it if its what you guys, but just keep it to PM's.. its much better for everyone. There are great tips and words of encouragement passedaround here and it should stay that way.

This will be a 200+ pg no sweat and thats good as long as its clean.

Im about to order some ON 100%.. not sure what flavour - any ideas? Anybody messed with malto/dextrose for their PWO or do you just stick to simple/complexcarbs?

Originally Posted by I3

You guys can do it if its what you guys, but just keep it to PM's.. its much better for everyone. There are great tips and words of encouragement passed around here and it should stay that way.

Im about to order some ON 100%.. not sure what flavour - any ideas? Anybody messed with malto/dextrose for their PWO or do you just stick to simple/complex carbs?
get 2 pounds of vanilla
its really good, and if you get tired of it, you can make smoothies from it

or the variety pack they have (ebay, or on their website)

Originally Posted by Vancity74

Why would anyone want to use steroids are rearrange their natural DNA for simply aesthetic purposes? That's the stupidest thing anyone could do. Why not just eat 7,000 calories a day and train your %%* off? I think the only people that should be using roids are the guys that are squatting over 700lbs, benching 500, etc. Again, this is my personal opinion. Using roids just cus you wanna get 'brolic' is foolish.

There's a certain point where everybody will hit a natural peak. Both in terms of size and of strength.
If there wasn't this point then you'd see lifters doing thousand of pounds for individual reps.

Steroids/ HGH/etc. do have their place but all recreational lifters and many serious lifters will never reach their natural peak for whatever reason (injuries,lack of work ethic, wrong program).

Although, you're correct in implying that the vast majority of those who use AA/HGH /etc. use it way too early.

Personally though I couldn't care less. People can do whatever they want to do with their own bodies and it doesn't bother me a bit.
You do what you want to do and let others do what they do.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

Originally Posted by I3

You guys can do it if its what you guys, but just keep it to PM's.. its much better for everyone. There are great tips and words of encouragement passed around here and it should stay that way.

Im about to order some ON 100%.. not sure what flavour - any ideas? Anybody messed with malto/dextrose for their PWO or do you just stick to simple/complex carbs?
get 2 pounds of vanilla
its really good, and if you get tired of it, you can make smoothies from it

or the variety pack they have (ebay, or on their website)
Yeah vanilla's good choice. That's the first flavor I got and was surprised at how good it was. Right now I have strawberry and it'salso pretty good. Those are the only two flavors I've tried so far though. I'm thinking about trying tropical punch next. You ever had that wanksta?

here's my take on steroids and other substances of similar nature.

there are two types of people that use these items
1. insecure dude (i'm small, need to get big asap!)
2. those who have mastered their natural genetic powers and have discovered their limits.

let me speak to type #1, because it is most easy and simple to speak about. these guys have no place in this discussion. steroids should not even be an optionfor these punks. really, there's nothing more to say other than TRY SOMETHING ELSE, STUPID. you haven't earned the right to make use of these tools.put in the work.

people of type #2 are those that have spent years, DECADES, mastering their body and discovering their genetic maximums. these guys may make it to their mid30's and still not be certain of what they are capable of, but for those that spend the time to find their limits, I think it is okay to go ahead and usethese types of things. it's only okay once every facet of their power has been used up and the only way to ascend to another plateau is through thesesubstances. it is not a bad thing, because these people deserved the chance to at least take the risk of going to another level. these type of people areusually trying to make a living from their body and i find it reasonable to want to try and push the boundaries, though it should always be in a safe andmoderate manner.

and of course there are the tricky cases, such as injures, etc. i don't consider those as part of the discussion because in those cases it is absolutelynecessary to recover, first and foremost, and then worry about ethics.

summary-steroids only for the most dedicated people who have tested their bodies for years before discovering they can longer improve themselves.

Originally Posted by ericescobar

here's my take on steroids and other substances of similar nature.

there are two types of people that use these items
1. insecure dude (i'm small, need to get big asap!)
2. those who have mastered their natural genetic powers and have discovered their limits.

let me speak to type #1, because it is most easy and simple to speak about. these guys have no place in this discussion. steroids should not even be an option for these punks. really, there's nothing more to say other than TRY SOMETHING ELSE, STUPID. you haven't earned the right to make use of these tools. put in the work.

people of type #2 are those that have spent years, DECADES, mastering their body and discovering their genetic maximums. these guys may make it to their mid 30's and still not be certain of what they are capable of, but for those that spend the time to find their limits, I think it is okay to go ahead and use these types of things. it's only okay once every facet of their power has been used up and the only way to ascend to another plateau is through these substances. it is not a bad thing, because these people deserved the chance to at least take the risk of going to another level. these type of people are usually trying to make a living from their body and i find it reasonable to want to try and push the boundaries, though it should always be in a safe and moderate manner.

and of course there are the tricky cases, such as injures, etc. i don't consider those as part of the discussion because in those cases it is absolutely necessary to recover, first and foremost, and then worry about ethics.

summary-steroids only for the most dedicated people who have tested their bodies for years before discovering they can longer improve themselves.

I agree with your general premise but I don't see it as a question of ethics.
What someone does to his own body is neither right nor wrong. It's an individual choice.
In terms of usage (in terms of purpose) of steroids there is right and wrong since they were invented for elite athletes competing at the highest levels oflifting.
However, most people don't like to work hard. So what can you do.
laugh.gif

Funny story.
My father was in the junior Olympic weightlifting program in the Soviet Union during the early to mid 70's and towards the end of his stay they werefeeding the lifters steroids (mixed in with their meals unbeknownst to the lifters). Soon after my grandfather pulled my father from the program.

Back
Top Bottom