Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

yeah i used to pay $400/month at my gym, switched to gold's because as nice as my old gym was it didn't have heavier db's and other essentialstuff.

The guy looks like an action figure or something lmao
roll.gif
but damn 400$ a month gym membership mustve been suuper nice.

$400 a month? What the he/ll? Where the weights gold-plated or something?

The average gym membership costs around $400/year.

Yeah 400 a month is a lot where do you live? My gym membership is 29 a month and that inlcudes a lot of extras as well

Also how many times a week can you work out your abs?

That suit
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yo Iceman, my Gold's Gym got 100 lb plates, first time I ever seen them. Never knew they existed. So it should be beneficial if you transfer over fromyour current gym.

And to the dude with $400 per month membership for the gym
eek.gif
. You seriousdude?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by I3

wj4 - I do Plyos in my 5.0s.. and love it. I used to do them barefoot though, just to strengthen my foot. But the impact is so high even on carpeted/soft surfaces that it was probably a good idea to wear shoes.

100% ON - Im aiming for a 5lbs, but i've heard Vanilla wasnt that nice. Same with Chocolate Milk and Double Rich Chocolate.. grrr I love any chocolate. I might just stick to Cookies N Cream, Caramel, Strawberry or Caramel
That's what I figure. I read that the Nike Free's are suppose to be like being barefooted. I may have to give that a try. They run .5 size smaller right?

Wawa-can you explain what the foam roller is used for? To roll on your back? My gym sells it but I never knew what it was for. And the bands...uses can be used? Where can you get them?

I use the Foam Rollers for stretching the sides of my legs, its really hard to target that muscle, so basically just lay side-on and roll your outer-thigh/legup and down a few times. Alternatively you can use a tennis-ball. This really hurt, but feels incredible.

Yeah the Nike Free's are run quite small since many wear them bare-foot. I got my normal size though, as they stretch out if you wear 'em with socks. But even if you don't use them at the gym, pick up a pair anyway. Wear 'em everyday they are fantastic.

What do you guys think about the Nike lunar glides? I'm debating which yo get, these or frees...
My air max 95s arent cutting it anymore

Originally Posted by ericescobar

What do you guys think about the Nike lunar glides? I'm debating which yo get, these or frees...
Lunar Glides are nice, a bit more costly than the Frees.. either or is great. But the Frees will be excellent for the gym/plyos/brief running andthe best thing is you can wear 'em everyday - they're that comfortable!

$400? $200? I pay $60 and that's on the high side if you ask me. But I work out at a super-clean gym with towel service, nice equipment, and theconnections you make there are priceless (CEO's, CFO's, etc... that's what happens when you work out at a club in the middle of the financialdistrict).

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by ericescobar

Lunar Glides are nice, a bit more costly than the Frees.. either or is great. But the Frees will be excellent for the gym/plyos/brief running and the best thing is you can wear 'em everyday - they're that comfortable!
I tried on Lunar Trainer at Sport Chalet last night and they felt really good. $100 a pair BTW. Air Max 95's are HORRIBLE running shoes.

I need Help im 6'0 150 eat like a horse but still don't gain no weight. I work out on the regular too. I stopped taking supplements however cause ithought i could do it "naturally". Any suggestions? I'm open to taking supplements again but not Russian Bear like i was taking before

Originally Posted by I3

wj4 - I do Plyos in my 5.0s.. and love it. I used to do them barefoot though, just to strengthen my foot. But the impact is so high even on carpeted/soft surfaces that it was probably a good idea to wear shoes.

100% ON - Im aiming for a 5lbs, but i've heard Vanilla wasnt that nice. Same with Chocolate Milk and Double Rich Chocolate.. grrr I love any chocolate. I might just stick to Cookies N Cream, Caramel, Strawberry or Caramel
Vanilla is not that bad, but Strawberry is
sick.gif
Haven'ttried the others, but out of the two I tried, Vanilla Ice cream is the better choice imo

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

I need Help im 6'0 150 eat like a horse but still don't gain no weight. I work out on the regular too. I stopped taking supplements however cause i thought i could do it "naturally". Any suggestions? I'm open to taking supplements again but not Russian Bear like i was taking before
Work out on the regular? What do you do? List your diet and your work outs.

Originally Posted by LarryEastwood

I need Help im 6'0 150 eat like a horse but still don't gain no weight. I work out on the regular too. I stopped taking supplements however cause i thought i could do it "naturally". Any suggestions? I'm open to taking supplements again but not Russian Bear like i was taking before
Make sure you lift heavy and eat clean. All natural foods will help you gain, they provide the building blocks of the muscle you'll build.Supplements aren't necessary if your diet is well-rounded and has a lot of variety.

Anyone use Chlorella or Spirulina?

Back
Top Bottom