Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Before buying any supplements I'd suggest spending that money on foam rollers and a mini jump stretch band for rehab/ recovery work.

The rollers look something like this,.

foam%20roller.jpg

Bands.
Williams%20Bands.jpg

Do you guys think flat shoes, ie Nike Free, would be better for activities like plyometrics? I tried it out today with my Asics, and it doesn't seem thatstable..kinda wobbly.

well, i think there is an ethics to steroids, just as there is an ethics to recreational drugs. see, people smoke marijuana mostly for fun. there are peoplewho claim to use it for medicinal purposes (yeah, right). there are people that claim that weed is detrimental to society, to say nothing of their healthdrawbacks (bad lungs, stupidity, etc). weed to some is a good thing and to some a bad thing. that makes weed an object of ethical ambiguity.

steroids are similar in that there are risks associated with it (health risks, possible roid rage, etc), while at the same time there are those who know whatthey are doing and stay relatively free of side-effects. weed and steroids are similar in that they both have supporters sining their praises, be it medicinalpurposes or a newfound strength, but both also have their risks.

both have been linked to bad behavior, thereby making them objects of ethical ambiguity. one can't decide if they really are better than they are bad forsociety. it is my belief that ethics do come into play with steroids.

kthanks

wj4 - I do Plyos in my 5.0s.. and love it. I used to do them barefoot though, just to strengthen my foot. But the impact is so high even on carpeted/softsurfaces that it was probably a good idea to wear shoes.

100% ON - Im aiming for a 5lbs, but i've heard Vanilla wasnt that nice. Same with Chocolate Milk and Double Rich Chocolate.. grrr I love any chocolate. Imight just stick to Cookies N Cream, Caramel, Strawberry or Caramel

wawa- do you own a foam roller?

Ive been looking into getting one for months now, but just havent figured out how useful/practical it is.

Originally Posted by I3

wj4 - I do Plyos in my 5.0s.. and love it. I used to do them barefoot though, just to strengthen my foot. But the impact is so high even on carpeted/soft surfaces that it was probably a good idea to wear shoes.

100% ON - Im aiming for a 5lbs, but i've heard Vanilla wasnt that nice. Same with Chocolate Milk and Double Rich Chocolate.. grrr I love any chocolate. I might just stick to Cookies N Cream, Caramel, Strawberry or Caramel
That's what I figure. I read that the Nike Free's are suppose to be like being barefooted. I may have to give that a try. They run .5size smaller right?

Wawa-can you explain what the foam roller is used for? To roll on your back? My gym sells it but I never knew what it was for. And the bands...uses can beused? Where can you get them?

orry folks...But this is for Audi whos so confident about my high body fat......1 month?

NT Olympia
laugh.gif
....this will be good

Notice the veins popping out through my high body fat.......Dont make me flex a leg now

74725b1eb37b0170ac7e8f49cb9305f6d951129.jpg

You sweatin yet???

e2c25b5e4d7601dfa12e55334a91d7f521f8909.jpg

Anyway....was doing chest today so I thought id do a vid at the end of my work out.....wish my gym had more than 125lb dumbells though
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

Ive been looking into getting one for months now, but just havent figured out how useful/practical it is.

Extremely useful and practical.
I use it virtually everyday.

Deep tissue massages have been proven to speed up recovery but how many have the time and can afford one a few times a week?
A foam roller is the next best thing.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by I3

wj4 - I do Plyos in my 5.0s.. and love it. I used to do them barefoot though, just to strengthen my foot. But the impact is so high even on carpeted/soft surfaces that it was probably a good idea to wear shoes.

100% ON - Im aiming for a 5lbs, but i've heard Vanilla wasnt that nice. Same with Chocolate Milk and Double Rich Chocolate.. grrr I love any chocolate. I might just stick to Cookies N Cream, Caramel, Strawberry or Caramel
That's what I figure. I read that the Nike Free's are suppose to be like being barefooted. I may have to give that a try. They run .5 size smaller right?

Wawa-can you explain what the foam roller is used for? To roll on your back? My gym sells it but I never knew what it was for. And the bands...uses can be used? Where can you get them?
The roller can be used on any part of the body. For some body parts you just ahv eto get a bit inventive.
laugh.gif

The mini bands are great for recovery work on off days. What I mean is say you just finished a chest workout. If in the following day or two you do similarexcercises (with extremely light weight obv) you will recover quicker. Stimulating damaged muscle that is recovering leads to quicker healing. In essenceit's better to do something than nothing and bands allow for light work at home.

I get most of my gear at http://www.elitefts.com/ . Never had much of a problem.
Rheband stuff I get at Jackal's gym though. http://www.jackalsgym.com/store.aspx?cat_id=RH

ICEMAN is HUGE
eek.gif

What is your waist size? I watched the video and your waist looks like its a 34 or maybe even less

eek.gif

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

orry folks...But this is for Audi whos so confident about my high body fat......1 month?

NT Olympia
laugh.gif
....this will be good

Notice the veins popping out through my high body fat.......Dont make me flex a leg now

You sweatin yet???

Anyway....was doing chest today so I thought id do a vid at the end of my work out.....wish my gym had more than 125lb dumbells though
smh.gif

Magnetic add on plates are sold. Similar to this http://www.shapeupshop.com/fitness/dumbbells/plate_mate.htm .

They're not cheap but they're worth it. Better than plateauing. Could always ask your gym to buy them but mine was either cheap or ignorant (prob.both) so I had to shell out the money.

Nice lifting btw.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Deep tissue massages have been proven to speed up recovery but how many have the time and can afford one a few times a week?

Aiight.

What do you have, a full roller or a half? How long is it?

What I mean is say you just finished a chest workout. If in the following day or two you do similar excercises (with extremely light weight obv) you will recover quicker. Stimulating damaged muscle that is recovering leads to quicker healing. In essence it's better to do something than nothing and bands allow for light work at home.
Can you explain that some more? I don't quite understand. I'll use myself for example. I do chest/tri's on Tuesday and Friday. When/how can I use this band to benefit me?

dayum hella buff lmao. I only know one dude who does 125lb dumbbells at my gym his arms are huge like 2 or 3 of my arms per arm. He also looks like the kindaguy you would NOT wanna **** with but once you talk to him he turns out to be a real nice person lol.

NT Olympia
laugh.gif
....this will be good

You sweatin yet???

smh.gif

Magnetic add on plates are sold. Similar to this http://www.shapeupshop.com/fitness/dumbbells/plate_mate.htm .

They're not cheap but they're worth it. Better than plateauing. Could always ask your gym to buy them but mine was either cheap or ignorant (prob. both) so I had to shell out the money.

Nice lifting btw.
*!$+ looking out but I doubt my gym would invest in them. Maybe I can get them to get bigger dumbbells.... then again I rarely use the125's......I have 10lb rist bands I can prob use though

Edit....Wow yuku actually blocked out the word "G00D"
eyes.gif

Foam rollers are great.

I had hamstring problems which led to me trying out a foam roller about 1.5 years ago and I noticed an immediate improvement. Not only does it aid in recoverybut I think it helped me improve my hamstring flexibility. I havent had any hamstring problems since and I rarely feel any soreness in my hamstrings the dayafter deadlifting or playing sports.

I also use it to message my hips (I used to feel a ton of soreness/stiffness after running).

The bands intrigue me though, I dont care much for upper body recovery...I haven't done any upper body stretches in over 5 years
laugh.gif

wawa, you have a link on how these bands are to be used?

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

ICEMAN is HUGE
eek.gif

What is your waist size? I watched the video and your waist looks like its a 34 or maybe even less

eek.gif
Just measured lol....which ive never done before....and it is 34.

Aiight.

What do you have, a full roller or a half? How long is it?
I just have a full size roller (about 15 inches).

Can you explain that some more? I don't quite understand. I'll use myself for example. I do chest/tri's on Tuesday and Friday. When/how can I use this band to benefit me?

You can prob. do some recovery work on Saturday. The band are pretty versatile so you can do some high rep simulated bench presses, resistance push ups,triceps extensions.
It's high rep, very low working weight just to stimulate recently damaged muscle fibers.

NT Olympia
laugh.gif
....this will be good

You sweatin yet???

smh.gif
dude go to gold's gym for higher weight

do you like those dumbbells btw? i hated the fat middle part of the grip that they have when i first used them but now regular db's dont feel right

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Foam rollers are great.

I had hamstring problems which led to me trying out a foam roller about 1.5 years ago and I noticed an immediate improvement. Not only does it aid in recovery but I think it helped me improve my hamstring flexibility. I havent had any hamstring problems since and I rarely feel any soreness in my hamstrings the day after deadlifting or playing sports.

I also use it to message my hips (I used to feel a ton of soreness/stiffness after running).

The bands intrigue me though, I dont care much for upper body recovery...I haven't done any upper body stretches in over 5 years
laugh.gif

wawa, you have a link on how these bands are to be used?

There are lots of uses for bands. I've mainly used them for recovery work and band deadlifts, band squats, band presses, etc.

I haven't been able to find a comprehensive guide for training with bands but tons of sites talk about different specific uses.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

dude go to gold's gym for higher weight

do you like those dumbbells btw? i hated the fat middle part of the grip that they have when i first used them but now regular db's dont feel right
Theres actually a golds not far from me.....but by time my contract is over ill move by then....but those dumbbells dont have the fat grip youtalking about thank god..I hate those.

I wish they had 100lb plates like my other gym though.

On a side note saw these pics of Ron from 99 I never seen...dude us rediculous

1999mrolympia191.jpg

1999mrolympia187.jpg

Back
Top Bottom