Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

Fellas, we should get a Niketalk Boot Camp going or something.
Get a list of serious NTers who are serious about getting fit and healthy.
We could vote and create an official workout routine or something that we all follow for a month or two.
Then post before and after pictures you know.
Who would be down?..

StaXX wrote:
We could vote and create an official workout routine or something that we all follow for a month or two.
Who would be down?..

Bro, you seen all the threads....'what's for late night snack?', 'y'all try the new pasta bowl from Domino's?', etc. 80% of NT would die in the boot camp.
laugh.gif

It wouldn't really work. You can't push someone unless they push themselves. I tried to coach my friend's business partner. I started slow too,bu I caught the dude at a buffet 5 days later and he basically gave up.

Someone cook up the sig, let's just roll with white/red/blue on some USA Basketball steez.
pimp.gif

Word..and keep this thread going. Smh is the OP even posting in here anymore? We need someone active so we can post info and links in the first post. We keepit up im sure the number of people will grow.

Real talk. I'm 5'10 150 pounds.

Played football and ran track in HS and wanna get fit again.

Somebody gimme a workout.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

So you got smaller? You're at the average point, both in height and weight, for a male in the U.S.

If you need to bulk up, you shouldn't have too hard of the time. The hardest part would be to get the ball rolling again, after that the momentum willcruise you by.

Originally Posted by wj4

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Who would be down?..
Bro, you seen all the threads....'what's for late night snack?', 'y'all try the new pasta bowl from Domino's?', etc. 80% of NT would die in the boot camp.
laugh.gif

It wouldn't really work. You can't push someone unless they push themselves. I tried to coach my friend's business partner. I started slow too, bu I caught the dude at a buffet 5 days later and he basically gave up.

Someone cook up the sig, let's just roll with white/red/blue on some USA Basketball steez.
pimp.gif

Sadly... you're right.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

I'm getting ahead of myself.
We would have dudes back out after one week.
smh.gif

But we should still do this like the New Era Post and have all the FAQ on page one.

Al Audi and Wj4 in this thread = Henz0 and Thunderchunk.
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Who would be down?..
laugh.gif

It wouldn't really work. You can't push someone unless they push themselves. I tried to coach my friend's business partner. I started slow too, bu I caught the dude at a buffet 5 days later and he basically gave up.

pimp.gif

I wanna be down for the team though But im not from The usa what about us International Team fit members
tired.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

So you got smaller? You're at the average point, both in height and weight, for a male in the U.S.

If you need to bulk up, you shouldn't have too hard of the time. The hardest part would be to get the ball rolling again, after that the momentum will cruise you by.

Really, thats the average...?

I'm freakin jacked then...5'11 192lbs, pant:34-36, shirt:L-XL

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by wj4

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Who would be down?..
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

I wanna be down for the team though But im not from The usa what about us International Team fit members
tired.gif

laugh.gif
I didn't know any international cats were on here. You can make the sig in your own colors...we global.
pimp.gif

36- that's what I learned in my statistics class. We also learned that 6 out of 10 Americans are over weight so take it with a grain of salt.

By your stats, if your body fat % is low, then you would be considered pretty muscular.

StaXX wrote:
Who would be down?..

Judging by the discussions that have been going on here, it would be highly unlikely that everyone would want to follow the same workout.

It's a hassle just to get people on the same page as far as what exercise does what...... a unified workout plan would take a year to compile.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wj4

If you need to bulk up, you shouldn't have too hard of the time. The hardest part would be to get the ball rolling again, after that the momentum will cruise you by.

Nah, I'm saying I wanna get fit again.

I weight more now actually. But back in HS. I was fit, had the six pack poppin, body was defined. Weightlifting/plyos 6 days a week before practice doeswonders.

Once I graduated and had to workout on my own. I just simply didn't have the motivation.

Originally Posted by wj4

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

Who would be down?..
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

diet is important, but for some reason i can't stop eating junk
ohwell.gif

i'm trying to get away from eating it, but i am yet to find healthy foods that i really like. (i'm ok with regards to meals, but for snacks i alwayseat sweet stuff which i probably shouldn't.
mad.gif

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by wj4

nah

Originally Posted by I DONT PASS

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Originally Posted by realxfresh

Need some recommendations. Want to get a lot bigger. I am 6'1 and 130 lbs (tall and skinny) I want some more muscles would it be better to get fat first or just start from rock bottom?

Im 6'4 and I was 154 when I started working out Feb 13th ... I was just skin and bones .... sigh
tired.gif
, pretty disgusted with my body at this point and wanted a change

heres a picture of me in January

2nqs6me.png

laugh.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
not the best pic but I was just skin and bones

So I get a phone call from my Mom to visit her in NC , Im on unemployment and had some time to kill so I decided to go out there and focus
on my physical health

found a great gym 5 min drive from her house , I got a personal trainer package .... 3 sessions ( this was needed for me to progress, because I had no clue
what I was doing @ the gym and he thought me what I can do to get bigger, and what foods to eat and such. )

pics of me about 5 months later mid - june

2e38tao.jpg

20r702a.jpg

the reaction from all of my friends when I got back to NY was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
... and when walk into bars and clubs Im the center of attention usually because of my height and build,

I used to go the gym 2 hrs / 6 days a week in NC because I had nothing else to do

Sun. - off church
pimp.gif

mon. - chest back
tues. - shoulders and legs
wed. - arms and abs
thurs. - same as monday
fri. - same as tues
sat. - same as wed.

the supplements I was taking

2 On whey protien shakes a day ( best tasting ) , 5 grams of creatine per shake , and animal pak multivitamin

I havent been taking my supplements the past 2 months though
tired.gif

after a while you become addicted to it , its like a drug and the only thing im scared of at this point is going back to the
chump who was too tired to be in the gym for more than 30 min
ive slowed down ALOT since I got back to NY , im only there 3 times a week , but have mantained my weight
pimp.gif
good stuff fam I just have a few questions?

How many lbs did you gain and whats your current weight?

Also what foods where you eating

1. I gained 27 lbs im 181 @ the moment ... I gained about 15 lbs in about 5 weeks ..... but the next 12 took a little longer 2. I ate alot of chicken breast ,rice beans , steak , potatoes , salad and bacon LOL .... I wasnt worried about getting fat but I wouldnt recommend bacon , and I ate 2-3 servings every sitting
Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Fresh is that Eyeris?

yes it is , didnt expect anybody to recognize people I know lol
Originally Posted by OGbobbyjohnson773

2e38tao.jpg

2 %@%!%, 1 cup

talking sideways behind a Comp
laugh.gif
, I hope your not 1 of my ex's E-thugs

Cobra-what physical condition are you in right now? At 150, it doesn't sound like you're in a bad shape. I think you should start the process slow, 3times a week at the gym. Hell you may just wanna run 3 times a week to get the spirit and stamina up before hand.

You may wanna start off right now by seeing how many push ups and pull ups you can do. And measure yourself after a month or two to see if it changes. That canbe used as motivation.

Back when I was fat, I can barely do 10 push ups and 0 pull ups. Now I can knock out 50 push ups non stop with ease. And I do ~40 pull ups twice a week to workout the back/biceps. It's a great feeling and keeps me wanting to keep pushing myself even more.

I just calculated my Body Fat Percentage here...I'm at a comfortable11 percent. Now I'm gonna push for under 10 percent.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Originally Posted by wj4

nah
I like to let my nuts breathe buddy...

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Im 6'4 and I was 154 when I started working out Feb 13th ... I was just skin and bones .... sigh
tired.gif
, pretty disgusted with my body at this point and wanted a change

heres a picture of me in January

2nqs6me.png

I just went off of homie's sig. Team Fitness is in a sz 7 font and bold. The line under is sz 3.

Originally Posted by wj4

Cobra-what physical condition are you in right now? At 150, it doesn't sound like you're in a bad shape. I think you should start the process slow, 3 times a week at the gym. Hell you may just wanna run 3 times a week to get the spirit and stamina up before hand.

You may wanna start off right now by seeing how many push ups and pull ups you can do. And measure yourself after a month or two to see if it changes. That can be used as motivation.

Back when I was fat, I can barely do 10 push ups and 0 pull ups. Now I can knock out 50 push ups non stop with ease. And I do ~40 pull ups twice a week to work out the back/biceps. It's a great feeling and keeps me wanting to keep pushing myself even more.

I'm hella skinny B. But I've always been skinny. Just when I was working out, it was a muscular skinniness. If that makes any sense.

In Hs, my max bench was 225 and I could squat pretty well too.

I get you..you're skinnier so definition is easier shown. Just starting hitting the gym 3 times a week then, man.
laugh.gif
Your max bench is prettygood...225 is 1.5x your weight. They say if you can run 1.5 miles under 10 mins and bench 1.5x your weight then you're consider strong.

Originally Posted by SWOBOYdeHTEEZY

Check it out. I've been walking 8+ miles each day for the past week... and it's Cut City all DAY up in this *!$@#.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

good healthy snacks to eat which don't have much sugar in anyone?

snacking is my worst habit.. need to get properly in shape for the basketball season.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

good healthy snacks to eat which don't have much sugar in anyone?

snacking is my worst habit.. need to get properly in shape for the basketball season.
You gotta find what you like. Natural almond, veggies and fruit in general, yogurt are good. A candy bar every now and then is cool, but youdon't wanna be eating them all day long.

I give up at this making sig thing.
laugh.gif

It's suppose to be ...

Team Fitness
Put down the 6 pack to get a 6 pack

But the line under won't show. I'ma go eat dinner and hit the gym again. I'll chat with you dudes later.

Back
Top Bottom