Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

^This thread has been up for months, and nobody has reported serious injuries in relation to the workouts mentioned aside from fatigue and just going at it tohard (as intended by the title of the thread)

whats a good/healthy/non-fatal ripper supp? Im looking at animal cuts ephedra free. Any suggestions

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by mcnoodlez

alright enough of this bantering... QUESTION:

I've been doing HIIT a lot, and i notice during my weightlifting that i;m barely ever tired (which is good) even when i'm doing high intensity. but i also feel like my metabolism may be getting so fast that i've now become a "Hard-gainer" as far as putting muscle on. i feel the burn during the lifts, but as far as cardio/breathing i don't feel tired at all. thoughts/opinions?

also, can someone suggest me a protein power/shake/drink etc? i'm looking for clean protein, no creatine or any of that. just around 40grams per serving or so, and vitamins are acceptable. but i want as little fat/sat. fat and sugars/carbs as possible. i can get those from a good diet.
I'd suggest looking around at what source you'd like the protein shake to be from: whey, hemp, egg, rice, soy, etc. Then, narrow it down. Try finding whatever protein profile, taste, cost, etc. combination that you'd be willing to spend on.

Isolates are usually higher in protein, but it's tough to find a quality brand with a quality product IMO. I personally recommend hemp protein because it has EFAs as well as a complete protein profile. Also, it's raw and alkalizing to the body. Plus, it can be found organic, which is one thing that I feel is left out when considering protein powders and other supplements. That's more personal preference than anything else, but I just thought that I'd share it

It's not tough to get protein on an omnivorous diet, just try and rotate proteins if you'd like to skip powders altogether. There are so many sources: dairy, egg, fish, seafood, etc. But if you choose this route, make sure that you're getting organic, free-range, wild catch, or whatever applies.

Hemp isn't bad, but in terms of building muscle and workout recovery, whey has been proven more effective than hemp. Actually, soy and egg protein havealso both been proven more effective so I'd personally recommend whey protein isolate, if not egg, if not soy. That's just my opinion, though.

As far as brands, I've found Isopure Zero Carb to have probably the best ingredients and least additives for a whey protein, but you can also go totrueprotein.com and make your own whey protein isolate and choose whether you want additives or not, what types of flavors, etc... for much less than what youpay for most brands. If you go with Isopure (made by Nature's Best) order it from cheapvitamins.com or probodybuilding.com or something similar. GNC willseriously overcharge you.

As far as being a hard gainer because of HIIT, I doubt that's the case unless you mean months have gone by and you're losing weight and/or yourstrength is going down. Chances are you've just gotten a little stronger on some lifts and improved your muscle endurance, so maybe you're able to goa little heavier on a few exercises to increase your workout intensity. Just try going up in small increments. If you're trying to gain mass, you alsojust need to eat more, and only do HIIT once every few weeks.

Originally Posted by Dark Chocolate

Originally Posted by wj4

I reported the troll.
And I am reporting that a lot of the nonsense in this thread, will get someone hurt or much worse while in the gym.
Darko M behavior right here.

Originally Posted by wj4

I reported the troll.
And I am reporting that a lot of the nonsense in this thread, will get someone hurt or much worse while in the gym.
that is fine but your tone is a too condescending which is annoying
trying to win internet arguments=stupid

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

I've been doing HIIT a lot, and i notice during my weightlifting that i;m barely ever tired (which is good) even when i'm doing high intensity. but i also feel like my metabolism may be getting so fast that i've now become a "Hard-gainer" as far as putting muscle on. i feel the burn during the lifts, but as far as cardio/breathing i don't feel tired at all. thoughts/opinions?

also, can someone suggest me a protein power/shake/drink etc? i'm looking for clean protein, no creatine or any of that. just around 40grams per serving or so, and vitamins are acceptable. but i want as little fat/sat. fat and sugars/carbs as possible. i can get those from a good diet.
I'd suggest looking around at what source you'd like the protein shake to be from: whey, hemp, egg, rice, soy, etc. Then, narrow it down. Try finding whatever protein profile, taste, cost, etc. combination that you'd be willing to spend on.

Isolates are usually higher in protein, but it's tough to find a quality brand with a quality product IMO. I personally recommend hemp protein because it has EFAs as well as a complete protein profile. Also, it's raw and alkalizing to the body. Plus, it can be found organic, which is one thing that I feel is left out when considering protein powders and other supplements. That's more personal preference than anything else, but I just thought that I'd share it

It's not tough to get protein on an omnivorous diet, just try and rotate proteins if you'd like to skip powders altogether. There are so many sources: dairy, egg, fish, seafood, etc. But if you choose this route, make sure that you're getting organic, free-range, wild catch, or whatever applies.

Hemp isn't bad, but in terms of building muscle and workout recovery, whey has been proven more effective than hemp. Actually, soy and egg protein have also both been proven more effective so I'd personally recommend whey protein isolate, if not egg, if not soy. That's just my opinion, though.

As far as brands, I've found Isopure Zero Carb to have probably the best ingredients and least additives for a whey protein, but you can also go to trueprotein.com and make your own whey protein isolate and choose whether you want additives or not, what types of flavors, etc... for much less than what you pay for most brands. If you go with Isopure (made by Nature's Best) order it from cheapvitamins.com or probodybuilding.com or something similar. GNC will seriously overcharge you.

As far as being a hard gainer because of HIIT, I doubt that's the case unless you mean months have gone by and you're losing weight and/or your strength is going down. Chances are you've just gotten a little stronger on some lifts and improved your muscle endurance, so maybe you're able to go a little heavier on a few exercises to increase your workout intensity. Just try going up in small increments. If you're trying to gain mass, you also just need to eat more, and only do HIIT once every few weeks.
thanks guys. i'm gonna check out that custom protein website and i actually really like the taste of hemp protein so i may start adding thatto my foods like cereal and waffles.
pimp.gif

and i feel like the hiit is super beneficial, i just don't feel "tired" after my weightlifting. even when i'm maxing out, i don't feelthe burn i'm used to.

^what kind of rep ranges do u normally do? on days i go heavy/low rep i rarely feel like tired. it's almost like i didn't do anything
laugh.gif
. it's a different kind of fatigue you get... more cns/neuromuscularfatigue than muscle soreness.
high rep routines are usually a lot more draining.

Hemp isn't bad, but in terms of building muscle and workout recovery, whey has been proven more effective than hemp. Actually, soy and egg protein have also both been proven more effective so I'd personally recommend whey protein isolate, if not egg, if not soy. That's just my opinion, though.

As far as brands, I've found Isopure Zero Carb to have probably the best ingredients and least additives for a whey protein, but you can also go to trueprotein.com and make your own whey protein isolate and choose whether you want additives or not, what types of flavors, etc... for much less than what you pay for most brands. If you go with Isopure (made by Nature's Best) order it from cheapvitamins.com or probodybuilding.com or something similar. GNC will seriously overcharge you.

As far as being a hard gainer because of HIIT, I doubt that's the case unless you mean months have gone by and you're losing weight and/or your strength is going down. Chances are you've just gotten a little stronger on some lifts and improved your muscle endurance, so maybe you're able to go a little heavier on a few exercises to increase your workout intensity. Just try going up in small increments. If you're trying to gain mass, you also just need to eat more, and only do HIIT once every few weeks.
thanks guys. i'm gonna check out that custom protein website and i actually really like the taste of hemp protein so i may start adding that to my foods like cereal and waffles.
pimp.gif

and i feel like the hiit is super beneficial, i just don't feel "tired" after my weightlifting. even when i'm maxing out, i don't feel the burn i'm used to.
Just be careful that you dont use too much of the proten.

Youre move likely to overeat after aerobic exercise than resistance training so also id be mindful of that as well.

PanaRican, do you have any links to show? I'm curious about this. I've always heard that, but I've also heard from some bodybuilders and athletesthat hemp is actually better than whey. The main reason I stopped whey was because of how it was processed. I'm open to change, but it's tough to finda quality product.
I've found an organic, grass-fed whey protein powder. $20 for 20 servings. I don't know how it is, but I may give it a shot eventually.

Originally Posted by verynecessary

^what kind of rep ranges do u normally do? on days i go heavy/low rep i rarely feel like tired. it's almost like i didn't do anything
laugh.gif
. it's a different kind of fatigue you get... more cns/neuromuscular fatigue than muscle soreness.
high rep routines are usually a lot more draining.
i do 3x10 and usually a warm-up set when i'm doing the first exercise for that muscle.
i do something like:
first set 60-70%
second set 70-80%
third set ~80-90%
and i make sure that i'm able to keep my form through all 10 reps but to the point where a complete fourth set wouldn't be possible.

i definitely use to feel tired after this but now that i've been doing HIIT i don't feel it much at all. even today, i barely feel the soreness fromexercising and i'm always switching up the exercises i do so i'm always shocking my body.

Originally Posted by Durden7

thanks guys. i'm gonna check out that custom protein website and i actually really like the taste of hemp protein so i may start adding that to my foods like cereal and waffles.
pimp.gif

and i feel like the hiit is super beneficial, i just don't feel "tired" after my weightlifting. even when i'm maxing out, i don't feel the burn i'm used to.

Youre move likely to overeat after aerobic exercise than resistance training so also id be mindful of that as well.
Overeating after cardio? Not true. Actually, during cardio and then after, most people have a hard time eating, due to the systems being used forcardiovascular activity. Where did you get this info that you are likely to overeat after cardio? I mean, actually the opposite is true. It's after weightlifting/anaerobic activity, that the appetite is sparked, due to the exclusive use usages of GLYCOGEN and proteins. This is the reason that weight training isrecommended for HARD GAINERS, and people looking to get stronger.

So again, where did you get that info?

dudes is dumb in here..i dont see nothing wrong with what dark chocolate is saying in this thread. thanks for your info, dark chocolate..alot of egos in thisthread thinking what works for THEM will work for everyone else..i encourage a different opinion..some of you need to stop crying

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

dudes is dumb in here..i dont see nothing wrong with what dark chocolate is saying in this thread. thanks for your info, dark chocolate..alot of egos in this thread thinking what works for THEM will work for everyone else..i encourage a different opinion..some of you need to stop crying

Cool. They do not want to be challenged. They claim to know this and that, but they do not get the info they are spouting from credible sources, or they'vesimply made the crap up. This durden guy just said that you are more likely to overeat after cardio, which is FALSE and then known to be so across the board.So where did he get that info?

Maybe he'll reveal his source to you.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

dudes is dumb in here..i dont see nothing wrong with what dark chocolate is saying in this thread. thanks for your info, dark chocolate..alot of egos in this thread thinking what works for THEM will work for everyone else..i encourage a different opinion..some of you need to stop crying

Cool. They do not want to be challenged. They claim to know this and that, but they do not get the info they are spouting from credible sources, or they've simply made the crap up. This durden guy just said that you are more likely to overeat after cardio, which is FALSE and then known to be so across the board. So where did he get that info?

Maybe he'll reveal his source to you.
It may hold true for some people. Just because you don't react the same as he does, doesn't make what he said wrong.
The opposite of what you said holds true for me. I find that when I do interval training, whether it be cardio or resistence training, I have a tough timeeating after unless I fast prior to exercising. But if I go for a run or do other cardio exercises, I feel hunger immediately after.

pimp.gif

Overeating after cardio? Not true. Actually, during cardio and then after, most people have a hard time eating, due to the systems being used for cardiovascular activity. Where did you get this info that you are likely to overeat after cardio? I mean, actually the opposite is true. It's after weight lifting/anaerobic activity, that the appetite is sparked, due to the exclusive use usages of GLYCOGEN and proteins. This is the reason that weight training is recommended for HARD GAINERS, and people looking to get stronger.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

broscience 101

glycogen stores are NOT depleted after weight lifting.

oh and you dropped the gem "weight training is recommended for HARD GAINERS, and people looking to get stronger. "

uh yeah....as opposed to what, cardio being recommended for people looking to get stronger?

stop trolling. stop trying to contradict everything posted here.

Took this week off from lifting for the first time in months. I woke up everyday more tired than normal. This never happened before when taking a week off. Idon't know what happened.

Overeating after cardio? Not true. Actually, during cardio and then after, most people have a hard time eating, due to the systems being used for cardiovascular activity. Where did you get this info that you are likely to overeat after cardio? I mean, actually the opposite is true. It's after weight lifting/anaerobic activity, that the appetite is sparked, due to the exclusive use usages of GLYCOGEN and proteins. This is the reason that weight training is recommended for HARD GAINERS, and people looking to get stronger.

Ohhh,so you say its not true so I must believe you? You never provided sources either. If youre so big on sources and citing everything why doyou

If you claim to be the know it all when it comes to exercise science, why dont you go ahead and teach us about how the body reacts/what systems are used duringaerobic activity. Then do us all a favor and explain why its more difficult to overeat after aerobic activity.

So glycogen stores arent being used during aerobic activity? Riiiiiiiiighhhttt.

Everyone is open to a different opinion, its the egotistical, know-it-all persona attitude that is what we dont need in here. The discussionsthat weve had previously have been fairly well tempered and were open discussions. It wasnt one person claiming to know everything sitting on a high horseknocking everyone down.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Took this week off from lifting for the first time in months. I woke up everyday more tired than normal. This never happened before when taking a week off. I don't know what happened.
do you lift in the mornings?

Quit the boohooing. Quotes quoting quotes quoting quotes quoting quotes! I've just got back in the swing of things, sprained my wrist 4th of July, neverwent to the Doctor. I am certain i'll need surgery to fully heal it, but i'm not trying to go get that right now. I can do mostly everything I couldbefore if I wear a brace. Anyone know any wrist strengthening workouts?

Originally Posted by FrankReynolds420

Quit the boohooing. Quotes quoting quotes quoting quotes quoting quotes! I've just got back in the swing of things, sprained my wrist 4th of July, never went to the Doctor. I am certain i'll need surgery to fully heal it, but i'm not trying to go get that right now. I can do mostly everything I could before if I wear a brace. Anyone know any wrist strengthening workouts?

Try masturbation.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

broscience 101

glycogen stores are NOT depleted after weight lifting.

oh and you dropped the gem "weight training is recommended for HARD GAINERS, and people looking to get stronger. "

uh yeah....as opposed to what, cardio being recommended for people looking to get stronger?

stop trolling. stop trying to contradict everything posted here.

It's only trolling to you, because you are limited in your responses. That said, I never said anything about Glycogen storages being depleted, now did I?What, you think you control this board, and that posers like yourself cannot be questioned? Please! I will question everyone of you when you post the bullcrapyou've been posting.

Ohhh,so you say its not true so I must believe you? You never provided sources either. If youre so big on sources and citing everything why do you

If you claim to be the know it all when it comes to exercise science, why dont you go ahead and teach us about how the body reacts/what systems are used during aerobic activity. Then do us all a favor and explain why its more difficult to overeat after aerobic activity.

So glycogen stores arent being used during aerobic activity? Riiiiiiiiighhhttt.

Everyone is open to a different opinion, its the egotistical, know-it-all persona attitude that is what we dont need in here. The discussions that weve had previously have been fairly well tempered and were open discussions. It wasnt one person claiming to know everything sitting on a high horse knocking everyone down.

The only EGOS in here are the ones who are crying and complaining about "trolling" and "reporting". I am simply questioning your sources,and you cannot handle it. You are a bunch of people who are making things up, instead of proving your *theories* to be true.

You all THINK you "knowitall", and you cry sounding like Simple Jack, "Ppppplleeeeeeaassee doooddddoonnt huuurrrtttt mmmmaaaameee!"

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

Originally Posted by CruThik3

Took this week off from lifting for the first time in months. I woke up everyday more tired than normal. This never happened before when taking a week off. I don't know what happened.
do you lift in the mornings?

roll.gif
Do tell us as to why THAT may be a reason for his fatigue!

Back
Top Bottom