Stay/get back in shape...Vol: Motivation

I'm def going to start that ab routine tomorrow.

I thought my abs looked good, but after seeing yours, I kind of feel
tired.gif

No 'mo.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Prez T

who's lightskin 2 long ?

ok so here is what i do for abs :

Abs

superset 5 exercises x 2 sets (superset means no rest in between the exercises in each set)

superset exercise 1 - two-part crunch w/ a twist (this is basically a
normal crunch , but once you bring ur upper body to ur knees and briefly
PAUSE (part 1) , you twist ur upper body to either ur left or right side (part 2).
one rep consists of completing the two part crunch to ONE side , coming
back down , and then completing it to the other side)

- 10 reps

superset exercise 2 - seated ab twist ( you should have your feet in the air though . only your butt should be touching
the ground)

- 10 reps (each rep consists of twisting to the left AND the right)

- for beginners you dont need to use any weight , just move your hands from side to side

superset exercise 3 - bicycles

superset exercise 4 - side crunches ()

- 15 reps each side

superset exercise 5 - not sure of the technical term for this last one (lay flat on your back with your
legs straight . bring both ur upper body and
legs up to meet , bending your legs at the knees as u bring them up so
that when ur upper body and lower body touch , u are in the same
position u are in when u do a normal crunch . then bring both ur upper
and lower body back down)

- 10 reps

try to take about 2 -3 min in between the two supersets . at first , you might wanna just do a single superset , because if you arent used to doing a lot of ab exercises your abs might start cramping up from doing so many in a row . you can also incorporate another ab exercise when you are resting that works your transversus abdominis (the ab muscles behind the '6 pack') . working them definitely helps with definition :

transversus abdominis exercise (done during rest and after the 2nd superst is done) :
1. stick your chest out somewhat , and breath in a large amount of air (allowing your stomach to expand)
2. while still keeping your chest sticking out , breath out the air for abour 3 secs . when breathing out the air , suck and hold your stomach in WITHOUT flexing your rectus abdominis (where the front abs or '6 pack' is)
3. do 15 reps of this

for me , i do abs at the end of every workout (i lift 2 days in a row and then take a day off) . i do exercises 2 and 5 with a 35lb plate , but at first i did everything without weights . hope this helps !

Good looks man, I can appreciate the dedication...this is a lot.

You look like you haven't eaten a carb in years.

who's lightskin 2 long ?

Abs
superset 5 exercises x 2 sets (superset means no rest in between the exercises in each set)

superset exercise 1 - two-part crunch w/ a twist (this is basically a normal crunch , but once you bring ur upper body to ur knees and briefly PAUSE (part 1) , you twist ur upper body to either ur left or right side (part 2). one rep consists of completing the two part crunch to ONE side , coming back down , and then completing it to the other side)
- 10 reps

superset exercise 2 - seated ab twist ( you should have your feet in the air though . only your butt should be touching the ground)
- for beginners you dont need to use any weight , just move your hands from side to side

- 15 reps each side

superset exercise 5 - not sure of the technical term for this last one (lay flat on your back with your legs straight . bring both ur upper body and legs up to meet , bending your legs at the knees as u bring them up so that when ur upper body and lower body touch , u are in the same position u are in when u do a normal crunch . then bring both ur upper and lower body back down)
- 10 reps

try to take about 2 -3 min in between the two supersets . at first , you might wanna just do a single superset , because if you arent used to doing a lot of ab exercises your abs might start cramping up from doing so many in a row . you can also incorporate another ab exercise when you are resting that works your transversus abdominis (the ab muscles behind the '6 pack') . working them definitely helps with definition :

transversus abdominis exercise (done during rest and after the 2nd superst is done) :
1. stick your chest out somewhat , and breath in a large amount of air (allowing your stomach to expand)
2. while still keeping your chest sticking out , breath out the air for abour 3 secs . when breathing out the air , suck and hold your stomach in WITHOUT flexing your rectus abdominis (where the front abs or '6 pack' is)
3. do 15 reps of this

for me , i do abs at the end of every workout (i lift 2 days in a row and then take a day off) . i do exercises 2 and 5 with a 35lb plate , but at first i did everything without weights . hope this helps !

Sorry but can I get some infos on what bicycles are?

How many times a week do you do this btw? 2? 3 times?

^^^lay on your back and pretend to ride a bicycles with your legs..usually you touch your opposite elbow with the knee thatis closest to you

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

I'm def going to start that ab routine tomorrow.

I thought my abs looked good, but after seeing yours, I kind of feel
tired.gif

No 'mo.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Word, me too.

Not targeted to anyone in general, but if you're chubby..you need to run to melt off that fat first though. I'm stating this because I see too manybig dudes at the gym on the crunch machines for an hour doing non stop crunches.

If you don't know what you are doing in the gym, I'd suggest you read everything you can and ask people in know A LOT of questions. I tried to doeverything on my own and that probably caused to me to have minimal gains. Too all my "hardgainers" (no such thing btw) there is a program calledVince Delmonte's workout system. Its not free though......... (
nerd.gif
), but it is VERY useful, if you have trouble putting on weight.

How many times a week do you do this btw? 2? 3 times?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i answered that in the write up towards the end . i do abs at the end of each work out , and i work out2 days in a row and then take a day off , so roughly 4x a week

^It's pretty intimating when you first go to the gym..especially if you go by yourself IMO. But don't be scare because it's all in your head. Iknow how it feels, especially if you're not in the best shape..you feel inferior. But again it's all in your head. If you don't know what a certainmachine does or why this person is lifting the dumb bell in a certain way, just ask. Dudes may dress like d-bags, but they're almost always nice and willdrop info on what they're doing to you.
laugh.gif

I also been reading the Mens Health magazine monthly, for the unique exercise routines and recipe tips. Duck salad is still one of my fav, just kindatroublesome that I gotta roll to Chinatown to get the duck.

who's lightskin 2 long ?

Abs

superset exercise 1 - two-part crunch w/ a twist (this is basically a normal crunch , but once you bring ur upper body to ur knees and briefly PAUSE (part 1) , you twist ur upper body to either ur left or right side (part 2). one rep consists of completing the two part crunch to ONE side , coming back down , and then completing it to the other side)
- 10 reps

superset exercise 2 - seated ab twist ( you should have your feet in the air though . only your butt should be touching the ground)

- 15 reps each side

superset exercise 5 - not sure of the technical term for this last one (lay flat on your back with your legs straight . bring both ur upper body and legs up to meet , bending your legs at the knees as u bring them up so that when ur upper body and lower body touch , u are in the same position u are in when u do a normal crunch . then bring both ur upper and lower body back down)
- 10 reps

3. do 15 reps of this

pimp.gif

props

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo im drinking a myofusion vanilla shake, %!%@'s disgusting. who here said it tasted good?

nah...............everybody raves about choc. and straw. flavors

laugh.gif
lightskin2long

edit:smh: yuku

this thread is movin along though
pimp.gif
, whats the update on the teamsig?

How do I get the split down my chest?

My chest has gotten bigger/stronger, but that area hasn't really changed...

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo im drinking a myofusion vanilla shake, %!%@'s disgusting. who here said it tasted good?

nah...............everybody raves about choc. and straw. flavors

laugh.gif
lightskin2long

i

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

How do I get the split down my chest?

My chest has gotten bigger/stronger, but that area hasn't really changed...

this is why i love cables and dumbbells

also as far as abs. DO NOT SLEEP ON THIS

YogaBall75_Prod.gif

you have not had a serious ab routine until you have brought this into your regiment.

idc how strong you think your abs are.........this will kick it up, im not just talkin basic physioball crunch, there are many things to do with this devicethat will literally kick your *$^

http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/default.aspx abs, chest, arms........begin,intermidiate, advance routines. everybody check it out. even has videos on how to perform them

great info in here..............an ive heard from a very legit source....(personal friend to jay cutler an also runs a school in vegas)

they will be taking this away very soon

Originally Posted by TheTim11

Originally Posted by Al Audi

http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/default.aspx abs, chest, arms........begin, intermidiate, advance routines. everybody check it out. even has videos on how to perform them

great info in here..............an ive heard from a very legit source....(personal friend to jay cutler an also runs a school in vegas)

^^ this guy
laugh.gif

i dont get whats so funny?

if you want his info ill be glad to give it to you, even though he doesnt do favors for people he doesnt know, if i remember arent you trying to get sponsoredby Optimum Nutrition? he goes to arnold and other expos and i last met up with him in the club industry expo in boston ma. he has many connects in the fitnessindustry

this isnt something i just do for fun, real interest of mine so he has taught me somethings. perfect example would be whole physioball workouts that evensomebody on your level would have hard time doing.

continue on. o yea im serious about that info if you need it btw.

http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/default.aspx abs, chest, arms........begin, intermidiate, advance routines. everybody check it out. even has videos on how to perform them

^^ this guy
laugh.gif

if you want his info ill be glad to give it to you, even though he doesnt do favors for people he doesnt know, if i remember arent you trying to get sponsored by Optimum Nutrition? he goes to arnold and other expos and i last met up with him in the club industry expo in boston ma. he has many connects in the fitness industry

this isnt something i just do for fun, real interest of mine so he has taught me somethings. perfect example would be whole physioball workouts that even somebody on your level would have hard time doing.

relax LURK
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...i was talkin bout u....thought u had stop posting...i didnt know u had a backup joint...but hell yeah PM me dude's info

one day i logged in an they said you are not welcomed here anymore

so i waited 30 days

one day i logged in an they said you are not welcomed here anymore

so i waited 30 days

contemplating goin to Olympia...right now im riding with NSane Training out of DC..my dude Dan runs/owns the company...this summer's been HECTIC to say theleast...definite growth...but i need to boost my toning before school starts back up...turning 21 kinda fudged me up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
....but i've been back on my isshhh for the past 2 weeks

^^ this guy
laugh.gif

if you want his info ill be glad to give it to you, even though he doesnt do favors for people he doesnt know, if i remember arent you trying to get sponsored by Optimum Nutrition? he goes to arnold and other expos and i last met up with him in the club industry expo in boston ma. he has many connects in the fitness industry

this isnt something i just do for fun, real interest of mine so he has taught me somethings. perfect example would be whole physioball workouts that even somebody on your level would have hard time doing.

relax LURK
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...i was talkin bout u....thought u had stop posting...i didnt know u had a back up joint...but hell yeah PM me dude's info
good looks on the ball workouts.

Back
Top Bottom