STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

Lol yup i see somebody lost their shoe and noticed em, forget who it was

Last edited:
Who goin to the Jay concert? Tickets go on sale tomorrow for FB event followers and Thurs for gen public

fck sneaks right now, i need gta 5!
word
glasses.gif

Hey NT'ers, I just signed up. I live in the 'burgh and am hoping to get a little advice/insight from you guys. I'm going to sound like a fool, but oh well. 

I havent been a serious sneakerhead since like 92. Last pair of Jordans I owned was the Bordeaux VIIs (man I wish I would have kept those!!). I had so many pairs of shoes back then it was sick. Started with the grape Vs, got the carmine VIs and both the white and black infared VIs, then the Bordeaux VIIs, also had a few pairs of the flights, one in particular I cant remember the name of and wish I could find again, it was grey with red trim and a triangular flight logo on the tongue. Had the Force 180 pumps (haha those were awesome, and obnoxiously expensive). Had a pair of blacktop pumps, too even though I was mainly a nike guy. 

Here's the thing, I have never found shoes since then that are as comfortable as some of those old school ones. The closest I've found is my pair of '89 flights which I love and theyre perfect for me because theyre almost all black so theyre really subtle and I can even wear em to work. But theyre absolutely beat, and of course I cant find anymore for sale.  I'm 35 years old and honestly would look RIDICULOUS now in a pair of infrareds or grapes, but just dont care anymore. I want what I had back then.  Of course, it seems next to impossible to get any without camping out and dealing with some insanity, so I'll ask you guys for advice. I really appreciate any input here:

- Is there anything widely available that feels really close to the old school ones? The most comfortable for me were those OG Grapes (God I miss those), the Reebok blacktop pumps, and those VIIs. Like I said these flights are great but theyre dead. 

- I love the VIs. I see theyre releasing next year. For a general release, it looks like from what I've read sometimes there are restocks? How tough is it to get a pair of GR Jordans? Can I just place an order online and they'll ship when they get restocked? I know this is stupid, but back when I was buying 'em I could just go to Foot Locker and get any colorway I wanted off the shelf.

- Any idea what those old flights may have been? I described em the best I could. They DID have the visible air sole, so they werent the more common foamy ones from back then. They werent really common but they looked sweet. (I swear I asked on a forum once about these but cant remember the answer)

Any input is MUCH appreciated!!! 

Last edited:
Actually, nevermind on that last one. Did a little research and found those grey and red ones - they were the Air Solo Flights from '91. Wish theyd retro those. They were a great looking shoe. 

It's pretty easy to get a pair of gr jordans online as long as your up before 8am on sat. INSTORE it's gottem a little harder in pittsburgh the last year if u don't have a few connects. Kids seem to camp for anything nowadays. I saw people camping overnight at villa for the gr 5s a few weeks ago. For gr just go online finishline and nike.com are the best options IMO.

OK, got it. I really appreciate it. I'd feel pretty dumb showing up in line for some retros! This is good to know. I should have gotten a pair of those fire reds that came out a few weeks ago, but I stopped in a store that was displaying a pair in the window and he said he couldnt sell them to me. :-/

Get a Twitter account, follow @nikestore and learn how to catch the releases. There's a how to I Nike.com

If you need help with it let me know. I've established a strong system and get a good majority of general releases, and even some quick strikes

No real secrets to be honest. Just an organized system. Headed out here in a few but later I'll give my knowledge

See that's what I mean about connects. There is no good why he couldn't sale u that pair on display. He was probably holding them for himself or somebody. Buying shoes can be pretty shady at times.

OK, got it. I really appreciate it. I'd feel pretty dumb showing up in line for some retros! This is good to know. I should have gotten a pair of those fire reds that came out a few weeks ago, but I stopped in a store that was displaying a pair in the window and he said he couldnt sell them to me. :-/

What size do you wear

See that's what I mean about connects. There is no good why he couldn't sale u that pair on display. He was probably holding them for himself or somebody. Buying shoes can be pretty shady at times.
He was holding them. Said he actually never sells the Jordans to regular joes. He has people that come in and buy his entire shipment for $200 per pair. Friggin resellers. I mean, I dont mind him making money, but then why bother to display them? I was infuriated to be honest. He said "I cant sell those. Unless of course you wanna give me over $200 for them". Not to mention that it's PROBABLY illegal.

Still, I sorta know the guy and dont wanna get him in trouble and I dont at all begrudge him wanting to make money. I just wish he wouldnt bother to display them then. It's dishonest. And it turns me off to the whole thing, and it's part of the reason I havent owned J's in a long time. Makes me miss when I could see a shoe come out, go in the store a week or 2 or a month later and still buy it. I understand that JB wants to keep their reputation for exclusivity, but really, isnt paying the regular retail price for the shoe that they charge exclusive enough? But I've tried tons of other shoes and nothing feels as good to me as those old school ones, and of course that little bit of nostalgia is hard to beat. So here I am, ridiculous though I will look, on the hunt for a new pair of old school Jordans.

Last edited:
Question folks..

So I was downtown yesterday and the amount of Ninjas rockin dreads was ridic...

is this a midwest thing (personally i consider Pburgh more midwest than east), or it the burgh biting chicago style...

its not illegal, they own the shoe and can sell them at the price point they wish

i have a size 11 available if you think you can fit em lemme know

Last edited:
Question folks..
is this a midwest thing (personally i consider Pburgh more midwest than east), or it the burgh biting chicago style...

i went downtown last night and didnt notice any to be honest, dont get around the city much but i rarely see it. maybe being from south florida and seeing nearly half the black community rock dreads... i might just not notice it anymore

Question folks..

More of a hip hop trend now. All they're favorite rappers got it so they follow suit. And pittsburgh is not an Midwest city. Way less crime here lol. I'm from the Midwest (Kansas City and St. Louis) and Pitt has doesn't an Midwest vibe other than being a mid size city.

I grew up in fort Wayne Indiana.... a Midwest city obviously and I gotta agree, far different here

its not illegal, they own the shoe and can sell them at the price point they wish

i have a size 11 available if you think you can fit em lemme know

Sad but true, the "S" in MSRP is "Suggested", doesn't mean they have to sell them for that price

Back
Top Bottom