STEEL CITY (Pittsburgh) NT'ers STAND UP!!!

Well you might be passing then cuz if I had to guess, Nike will be increasing the price again this year. Cuz you know, $185 isn't enough for them

As for the boutique talk, I've been here just under two years and

1. Sneaker villa: I've bought a few releases there and have always been treated fair. always acknowledged, they've always been professional, and they usually compliment what shoes I'm wearing. I've gotten the shoes I wanted at every release with the exception of the gamma XI.

2. Jimmy jazz: been there a couple times. Once was the Phoenix foam release and if I recall correctly the invisible cloak released same morning. I went there to grab the cloaks and was told the foams didn't arrive yet or some nonsense. Got there 30 minutes later, at check out and there's a guy buying a pair of shoes for $240-250, whatever they were. I said "are those the foams?" . Dude responds "oh yeah but I got the last ones, they don't have anymore" I'm like Wtf?? Other than that day (previously), the employees were cool but haven't been back since

3. Social status: never set foot on their site cuz I've been told by numerous people they do shady business. Show favorites to regulars and dope boys. Even been confirmed on this thread by an employee, can't remember who? And I remember one raffle they told me you had to buy something in store to enter in the raffle. I never went in..correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that's illegal. Same reason why you hear on commercials "no purchase necessary".

Sorry for the long post but hope it at least helps somebody

90% of the time I just count on Nike.com to avoid any headache. I do need to meet some in store employee connects tho, especially with how much I buy

Last edited:
Wound up buying a pair of the white/infrared 6s yesterday from Finishline because:

1) I wasn't willing to put in any effort for these whatsoever, and my size was still sitting around at noon, and
2) I was able to use some store credit I had laying around and paid $125 for them. At full retail these were a pass for me, but at $125 with no BS, why not?

As for the boutique stuff, I've had decent experiences with most of the shops around town. I've gotten good stuff from both Social Status and Villa, but it hasn't been the super hyped kicks (I don't really much care for that stuff). My Puerto Rico AF1s and Bo Jackson 3M trainers both came from Social Status, and I've gotten a few Js from Villa on release day, along with a few others that were heavily discounted (half off). Their sales staff has always been helpful and friendly to me, and Villa will put these really great sales on from time to time, so for me it's definitely worth stopping by. I've stopped in Jimmy Jazz a few times, but never spent any money there - not for any particular reason, they just never had anything I was looking for in my size. Like Skep though, most of my cops are online.

Javy

Only thing I've ever got from villa was the Chicago 10s because foot locker sold out around the corner. I know they used to do buy 1 get 1 for $1 whenever Jordan's actually sat. I remember steelcity412 got both white and black 21s so that was back in 2005-2006 I believe.

Un dsed today to mitchy match my lil guy to go to the monster truck thing

shaw333 shaw333 Nice, I went last year - I only wish they had it in a bigger venue - the trucks really don't have enough room inside Consol...

Back to kicks - decided to un-DS a pair myself. CJ81 "Home Run":

Javy

If anyone needs all star lebrons size 9.5 locally I'll let go of them for pretty cheap. Just figures id throw it out there to you guys

I went to monster jam indoors back in south Florida and it was terrible. Like javy said, no room for them to do anything

Start em young.

Yea monster jam isn't my thing. Not a huge truck guy. More of a drag/autox/rally racing guy, but the Lil guys love it.

I will say after wearing my xx8s everywhere these retros suck for comfort haha

Last edited:
Just got back from NYC, we (Refresh PGH) vended at the Solecon Solechasers event up there. Good turnout and an overall cool event. White/Infrareds are still sitting at W 34th St. Footlocker & a lot of other retailers up there. Went to a few spots like Atrium/Kith, Flightclub of course, the new Flight 23 store - they didn't have much inventory but the MJ setups they had were cool and the employees were very cool and welcoming - and even H&M's 3 story spot near soho is dope. I'll post some pics from the event later today, hope everyone has a productive week!

Wednesday is gonna be tough trying to explain why 3 pairs of shoes, 5 dri fits, and 2 hoodies are being delievered and I'm not selling any of it. I wish the aunt pearl kds were releasing this week so I could smooth it over with the misses. Glad she fits in grade school sizes.

good luck with that bro!
ive had to cut back big time with the house purchase and baby coming.

I hear ya. We need a bigger place so this is kind of a last whoruh. For the rest of the year it will probably just be the white red retro iis and the low concords.

i pray nothing else comes out that i want. i just determined im keeping one of the pairs of lebron ASGs that i ordered. i gotta stop. good news is, ill have 5 pairs of lebron xi and have no desire to buy any jordans, or foams. thank you nike for building low quality retros and terrible pattern printed foams. give me a break for a couple years!

Yea, Dec - Feb is a killer on the bank account. She had a aunt pass from breast cancer a couple years ago so these aunt pearls are a must for me to get her something. Just glad so far they're not TLO, but I don't think GS sizes ever are.

Damn sorry to hear. Hope you get thru!
If you need help grabbing a pair lemme know
Since my wife was diagnosed with lupus I been the same way with purple shoes

Saw the gator kings at villa in a gs size and I was kind of disappointed with them. Just wasn't feeling the print on the posite.

Got another pair of the XI lows from finish line in size 9.5. Give them a call. Both my 9.5 and 10 are shipping today too!

Does anyone know anything about the sneaker event on march 15th

Yes, it's being thrown by local nightclub event promoters (the same crowd that frequents spots like social status). Basically ripped off the Refresh PGH formula down to the day, time, hashtags used on IG etc. the only difference is that they didn't give themselves enough time to gain a following and book vendors. If you're a fan of sneaker conventions of course feel free to go but word is that they have very few vendors booked so far. Stay tuned for info on our Sneaker Swap this May... we will be announcing BIG venue news coming soon (think Oakland / Pitt).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom