Stephen A. Smith Wylin

:lol: @ that dramatic music while Stephen A was apologizing

Baseball has always had issues attracting young people. Part of it is because they wanted to hold on to "old traditions". Having this uptight culture and on top of young kids just look at baseball as a boring sport. ESPN has always talked about why baseball don't appeal to young black kids. Ken Griffey is probably the only baseball player to appeal to the black community in the last 25 years. That was what the topic was about, growing the sport.

He can speak English, but him not being a white american does hurt his marketability in a sport that needs to grow with young people. They barely could market Trout and Bryce Harper.

Ohtani is the only reason I even remotely pay any attention to baseball. I usually switch the channel when a baseball story comes on sportcenter. That's how little I give a sh**

He can’t grow the sport? He’s arguably the best in it at this very moment. What are y’all talking about? Imagine thinking the best at it isn’t good for it :lol:

Young people can’t get with baseball because it’s not easy to get together. The days of playing a game on the street with random people is gone and has been for a generation now

He can’t grow the sport? He’s arguably the best in it at this very moment. What are y’all talking about? Imagine thinking the best at it isn’t good for it :lol:

Young people can’t get with baseball because it’s not easy to get together. The days of playing a game on the street with random people is gone and has been for a generation now

Mike Trout is the best at a historical level

Bro you just argue to argue
Bro, your point is garbage. Where’s the standard of “sport growers” in baseball? Oh, none. Tell me how much you’ve heard any of these athletes speak? How many times have an athlete spoke made you want to watch?……

If SAS is your basis for an argument it’s time to just stop. That goes for anything. He himself put his own foot in his mouth over the subject

Last edited:
:lol: @ that dramatic music while Stephen A was apologizing

Baseball has always had issues attracting young people. Part of it is because they wanted to hold on to "old traditions". Having this uptight culture and on top of young kids just look at baseball as a boring sport. ESPN has always talked about why baseball don't appeal to young black kids. Ken Griffey is probably the only baseball player to appeal to the black community in the last 25 years. That was what the topic was about, growing the sport.

This is one of their biggest hurdles but it's also why SAS' point didn't land. He brings up Ohtani as to why it affects the current base. You want to appeal to a more diverse and younger crowd? Then you should be embracing the opposite

I will say MLB is finally figuring some of this out with how they market Ohtani, Tatis, Acuna and the Vlad Jr's of the world but it's only a start.

As far as the black youth specifically MLB needs to keep pushing the Players Alliance. https://theplayersalliance.com/roster/

Bro, your point is garbage. Where’s the standard of “sport growers” in baseball? Oh, none. Tell me how much you’ve heard any of these athletes speak? How many times have an athlete spoke made you want to watch?……

If SAS is your basis for an argument it’s time to just stop. That goes for anything. He himself put his own foot in his mouth over the subject

How can my point be garbage when that was THEIR subject :lol:

And has been a continuous talking point on how to grow the game.

Did you even watch any of the clips or segment? Of course not. You just come skipping in to topics to debate and nag. I bet you don't even watch sports.

More popular? The espn article says otherwise.

And you argued that it would ruin baseball. How did Messi’s non English ruin anything?. He still makes more money than Ronaldo off endorsements without having a company dedicated to protecting his image.
Ronaldo speaks like 3 different languages vs Messi’s 1 language yet he is still more profitable.

Can you quote where I allegedly said anything would ruin baseball?

This is one of their biggest hurdles but it's also why SAS' point didn't land. He brings up Ohtani as to why it affects the current base. You want to appeal to a more diverse and younger crowd? Then you should be embracing the opposite

I will say MLB is finally figuring some of this out with how they market Ohtani, Tatis, Acuna and the Vlad Jr's of the world but it's only a start.

As far as the black youth specifically MLB needs to keep pushing the Players Alliance. https://theplayersalliance.com/roster/
I don’t think of Bruce harpers or trouts when I think of baseball. Mariano Rivera, Ichiro, manny Ramírez, Vlad, Jackie Robinson, Barry bonds, Big Papi.

Don't know much about this Acho dude but my gut has never trusted him whenever he pops up. Giannis might not have a league crew but he has a sense of humor, passion for the game and his tough upbringing to where he is is out there, watched a doc the other day plus literally has like 4 brothers in the league. That's nonsense.

how is an immigrant coming to america and becoming the most successful at what he does not relatable?
that's the oldest myth of this "american dream" this whole backwards *** country has tried to build itself on.
that acho dude is speaking nonsense and reminding me why i don't do these types of shows anymore.
he really tried to use an example of a nigerian dude asking hin where he's from and him not knowing if he was talking about dallas or nigeria as a valid reason why.

anyone no matter where you come from can relate to core fundamental emotions like passion, hard work, perseverance, humility etc which giannis displays. im tired of all these people trying make their own rules of what's acceptable for everyone else and what isn't.

Acho and Giannis are both Nigerian.
"Sometimes it be your own people."

All the dudes on that show are clowns.

Back
Top Bottom