Stephon Marbury Is A Free Man

Without getting in to too much analysis, let me put it this way: does it worry anyone that a notoriously selfish, 32 year old point guard that hasn'tplayed in nearly fourteen months, is going to join the Celtics? If you are worried about this, you shouldn't be. It has a better chance of working againstthem.

It seems like a similar move as AI to Detroit. Lets just hope it has a similar positive influence on the Celtics. Certain players, no matter the talent, youstay way from. Marbury is one of those players.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Without getting in to too much analysis, let me put it this way: does it worry anyone that a notoriously selfish, 32 year old point guard that hasn't played in nearly fourteen months, is going to join the Celtics? If you are worried about this, you shouldn't be. It has a better chance of working against them.

It seems like a similar move as AI to Detroit. Lets just hope it has a similar positive influence on the Celtics. Certain players, no matter the talent, you stay way from. Marbury is one of those players.
Thing is, the Pistons lost their best player, the Celtics didn't.

outacontrol music wrote:
Without getting in to too much analysis, let me put it this way: does it worry anyone that a notoriously selfish, 32 year old point guard that hasn't played in nearly fourteen months, is going to join the Celtics? If you are worried about this, you shouldn't be. It has a better chance of working against them.

It seems like a similar move as AI to Detroit. Lets just hope it has a similar positive influence on the Celtics. Certain players, no matter the talent, you stay way from. Marbury is one of those players.

I'm definitely concerned. I don't feel like digging up my posts from the last thread about this, but I was against this from the start. But since itlooks like it's probably gonna happen, I'm trying to talk myself into it. Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work and the Celtics release him,their locker room can't be that poisoned that it would ruin the season... right?

Eurogang
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and if Marbury goes to Boston he can rot in hell
mad.gif

Originally Posted by goukiteg

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by rickybadman

So Boston will add another over payed, arrogant superstar that could have never lead a team to a championship on their own, very nice.

It's been 8 months, it's time to get over it.

Btw, what player in NBA history has ever won a championship on his own? I'm interested to see your list.
I wouldn't say on he won it on his own, but Hakeem's 1993-94 Rockets are pretty close. Look at the roster and name me even one remotely HOF caliber player.

[table][tr][td]1[/td] [td]Scott Brooks[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]165[/td] [td]July 31, 1965[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]University of California, Irvine[/td] [/tr][tr][td]50[/td] [td]Matt Bullard[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]June 5, 1967[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]University of Iowa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]Sam Cassell[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]November 18, 1969[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Florida State University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [td]Earl Cureton[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]September 3, 1957[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]University of Detroit Mercy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]17[/td] [td]Mario Elie[/td] [td]G-F[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]210[/td] [td]November 26, 1963[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]American International College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]Carl Herrera[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]December 14, 1966[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]University of Houston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Robert Horry[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]August 25, 1970[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]University of Alabama[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Chris Jent[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]220[/td] [td]January 11, 1970[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]Ohio State University[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]Vernon Maxwell[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-4[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]September 12, 1965[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]University of Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Hakeem Olajuwon[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]January 21, 1963[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]University of Houston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]Richard Petruska[/td] [td]C-F[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]January 25, 1969[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]University of California, Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][tr][td]42[/td] [td]Eric Riley[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]245[/td] [td]June 2, 1970[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]University of Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]20[/td] [td]Larry Robinson[/td] [td]F-G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]180[/td] [td]January 11, 1968[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]Centenary College of Louisiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]30[/td] [td]Kenny Smith[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]170[/td] [td]March 8, 1965[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]University of North Carolina[/td] [/tr][tr][td]33[/td] [td]Otis Thorpe[/td] [td]F-C[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]August 5, 1962[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]Providence College[/td] [/tr][/table]
jordan helped....

can you imagine if the celtics go on to win it all with marbury being a key contributor on the team...... the celtics will be the most hated team in sports,especially in new york.

I can't believe so many of you dudes would want him on your team. Ya'll sound desperate. It's one thing when a player clashes with your coach...butwhen a guy has problems with his teammates almost everywhere he's been...doesn't that alarm you?

I think the main thing lost in this whole thing between him and Walsh/D'Antoni is that his on teammates didn't want him around...ya'll think theywere "hating" or something?

[NTer] Good Riddens [/NTer]

But seriously, he's a cancer. Has always been. The fact that he acts smug and childish about things adds to the disdain he's responsible for receivingfrom people.

SMH at the Celtics getting Mikki Moore and Steph. I hope their chemistry gets messed up.
laugh.gif

As a New Yorker & Knicks fan I am glad to see him off the Team because it reminds me of the Isiah Thomas Era. Donnie Walsh in a short time has changed theculture for the better. Steph is better than at least half of these NBA point guards & will help not hurt Boston.

Never liked this dude.

I'm hoping he goes to the Celtics and makes them implode. Wishful thinking I know, but hey, it could happen.

They say every team that had Marbury all became much better after he left the team. Hopefully that trend continues.

Will be cool to see how he does...I think he can help the Celts, he's coming in with fresh legs. I think he'll behave for the rest of the season, butthings will turn sour by next year if he's still with them.

Back
Top Bottom