Stranger Things: Season4 in 2022? WTF

kq0dimhwon291.jpg

I thought it was homage to Latrell Sprewell, since he wore No. 8 and the Hawkins uniforms look like the old Knicks uniforms.

I was at a Wawa on Sunday night I saw someone wearing a Hellfire Club t-shirt.

Two days after the season premieres.

As far as this season has gone, it started off slow, but it definitely got better after the fourth episode. I feel it's better than seasons 2 and 3.

Liked:

I like the new character Eddie Munson. He looks threatening, but he's actually harmless.

That Angela chick who ****ed around and found out about Eleven.

Max Mayfield. "Running Up That Hill" is a powerful song. Did Johnson & Johnson pay for product placement for a teen to use Tylenol pills?

Robin Buckley. Maya Hawke really knows how to play her role.

Murray Bauman. Some people may find him annoying, but he was the only thing interesting (and entertaining) about the Russian plot.

I couldn't give a **** about:

The Russian plot. It dragged too long.

Mike Wheeler. Finn Wolfhard has been more useless this season than he was in Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

Will Byers. He's just there.

Argyle. What a boring-*** stoner. Pineapples on pizza, bro?

The length of these episodes. Longer is not necessarily better. It was almost a chore going through some of these episodes. And if the runtime for the last two episodes is correct, it's going to be a bigger chore just finishing this season.

vlcsnap-2022-05-28-10h08m04s003.png

In episode 2, Max is watching a TV series called Misfits of Science.

Misfits of Science aired on Friday nights on NBC during the 1985-86 television season before being cancelled.

I was watching Season2 and noticed that chick who is the STAR of OuterBanks was in that Season.
I kept wondering why she looked and sounded familiar.
1654009463300.png

As far as this season has gone, it started off slow, but it definitely got better after the fourth episode. I feel it's better than seasons 2 and 3.

Liked:

I like the new character Eddie Munson. He looks threatening, but he's actually harmless.

Max Mayfield. "Running Up That Hill" is a powerful song. Did Johnson & Johnson pay for product placement for a teen to use Tylenol pills?

Murray Bauman. Some people may find him annoying, but he was the only thing interesting (and entertaining) about the Russian plot.

Mike Wheeler. Finn Wolfhard has been more useless this season than he was in Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

The length of these episodes. Longer is not necessarily better. It was almost a chore going through some of these episodes. And if the runtime for the last two episodes is correct, it's going to be a bigger chore just finishing this season.
I realized during episode 4 or 5 I really only wanted to see the Hawkins story play out. The Russian plot was dragging and they spent 7 episodes explaining something that could have been 3 before a violent af payoff; the California storyline was too thin and relegated the main kids to a lot of nothing, save for a shootout and a **** ton of classic 80s bullying. Eleven's storyline at the lab had the same issue as the Russia plot - too little story drawn out for too long until the payoff.

The ending of the season will obviously deliver and tie it all together, but I felt like too many characters were doing nothing for 10 hours.

Liked:

I realized during episode 4 or 5 I really only wanted to see the Hawkins story play out. The Russian plot was dragging and they spent 7 episodes explaining something that could have been 3 before a violent af payoff; the California storyline was too thin and relegated the main kids to a lot of nothing, save for a shootout and a **** ton of classic 80s bullying. Eleven's storyline at the lab had the same issue as the Russia plot - too little story drawn out for too long until the payoff.

The ending of the season will obviously deliver and tie it all together, but I felt like too many characters were doing nothing for 10 hours.

Agreed with you with mostly everything - the Argyle character could've been axed and it would've had no impact. What's the rationale for Johnathan not being able to drive when he could do so in Season 1? If it's the fact he's under the influence and driving then the same could be said for Argyle.

Not feeling the longer episodes also, although I suppose this has more to do with metrics and enticing subscribers to sign up for Netflix on top of getting a renewal when the second part drops.

I hope I'm not the minority but I find the Murray character quite polarizing - a holdover from the whack AF season 3. Some aspects of the character are good but others are a bit over the top with him being a martial artist, etc...

The Robin character has no real arc and they regressed her this season by making her more annoying. They should've explored some type of chemistry between her and Steve.

With Netflix hemorrhaging subscribers, it's highly unlikely they 'end' this franchise as it's quite popular so they really need to make some decisions with the cast and axe some of them.

Maybe craft some separate D&D/Underworld type stories with a different cast?

Back
Top Bottom