STREET FIGHTER

anyone ever been to an evo event?

I'm tryna go to evo in vegas this year but all the tickets for sale I'm seeing are for sunday only.

i remember hearing that this was a 3 day/weekend event and i wanted to grab tix for the whole weekend.

any suggestions? lol

Haven’t played SF5 in about 2 months but I’ve got some free time coming up and I’m looking to boot up my PS4 to play that and MvC:I. Need to buy the season 3 pass. Looking like the 30 year anniversary collection is going to have me in my feelings. I love Street Fighter so much.

How do you guys feel about the game in its current state?
I think SFV is better than when it first dropped BUT it still needs more balance. The V-T 2s are all over the place. Some are OP and some are useless. They’ve got to clean that up. Oh, the net code is terrible! They’ve got to fix that as well.

Did Sagat drop yet?

Not yet, he’s about 3 characters away from dropping.

How do you guys feel about the game in its current state?

Its come a long way since its initial release imo. Which btw, i never complained about. 1, because i love the feel of the gameplay and 2, because i knew with time content would be added.

But anyway, I believe there’s a season 3.5 balance patch that should be up in the next day or so. Wanna see how a couple characters will change.

*cough* guile needs a nerf. *Cough*

Man this takes me back, my goodness. Endless hours and quarters playing Turbo in the arcade. Crying and going to play Mortal Kombat cause I couldn’t figure out how to beat anyone using Psycho Crushed. Feeling like I was unbeatable when I figured how to do the shoryuken on a joystick and going home and perfecting it on the Super Nintendo the same night. Street Fighter is such a big part of my life, man I owe Capcom everything.

Eh on the new Bison doll though. Still need to purchase Season 3. Will probably do it tonight.

I just switched out this Champion Edition to Turbo today!

I bought a Hyper SF2 Anniversary Edition as well but I couldn’t get the sound to work. I took it back out and put Turbo back in.

91503773-4492-4DA0-ADF9-BAB7523A277B.jpeg
11C38D6C-5134-46D3-95C7-8F91B9DF5949.jpeg
D47A10F8-F14D-415B-B3BA-06D5AC838C65.jpeg
82D68969-1A8A-4B9D-B9D3-C3F9EB4A1FD0.jpeg
A2D56A5F-A08F-407E-9F0C-60117BC5E481.jpeg

Just upgraded my cabinet from SF2 Turbo to Hyper SF2 Anniversary Edition. I played this a couple other times at a local barcade but I decided I had to get it since I could fit it in the cabinet. What’s unique about it is the ability to play characters from the different versions. You can put Champion Edition Bison vs. Super Turbo Ryu for example. Pretty cool. Pictured here of course is Akuma.

2E63E012-262B-4557-80EB-DD04129E78E3.jpeg
7B5D23F8-802C-410E-91DA-1B83EA9BF568.jpeg

Last edited:
Just upgraded my cabinet from SF2 Turbo to Hyper SF2 Anniversary Edition. I played this a couple other times at a local barcade but I decided I had to get it since I could fit it in the cabinet. What’s unique about it is the ability to play characters from the different versions. You can put Champion Edition Bison vs. Super Turbo Ryu for example. Pretty cool. Pictured here of course is Akuma.

2E63E012-262B-4557-80EB-DD04129E78E3.jpeg
7B5D23F8-802C-410E-91DA-1B83EA9BF568.jpeg

Beautiful. Have Hyper for PS2 on the 20th anniversary collection that came with 3rd Strike. Probably the definitive version of SF 2 imo. Either that or HD remix. Regular takes off ton of health and loses ton of health, Turbo characters get you dizzy fast as hell as well as give you access to the newer attacks like the Blanka’s vertical roll attack. Super Turbo gives you access to your super combo. Champion and Super are the most balanced and of course allow you to pick the 4 devas and the 4 new challengers respectively. I was always playing with Turbo E. Honda, Super Ryu, Super Cammy, Super Turbo Fei Long, Champion Guile and Champion Balrog.

Reactions: ARK
Beautiful. Have Hyper for PS2 on the 20th anniversary collection that came with 3rd Strike. Probably the definitive version of SF 2 imo. Either that or HD remix. Regular takes off ton of health and loses ton of health, Turbo characters get you dizzy fast as hell as well as give you access to the newer attacks like the Blanka’s vertical roll attack. Super Turbo gives you access to your super combo. Champion and Super are the most balanced and of course allow you to pick the 4 devas and the 4 new challengers respectively. I was always playing with Turbo E. Honda, Super Ryu, Super Cammy, Super Turbo Fei Long, Champion Guile and Champion Balrog.

I’m finding Hyper is really hard. I set difficulty to (3 Easy) and the Comp still counters a lot of my moves. I’m going to set the difficulty back to 2 if this keeps up.

I hope all of u copping SF Collection on Tuesday..I'll be home around 10pm EST

any of the SNES versions..u will get beat down

where my PS4 players at

Downloaded 30th Anniversary collection yesterday and was playing from midnight til about 2 am and I’m kind of disappointed in Capcom. The menu screen is so lazy and there’s one general menu screen for all the titles and then you pick the the title and are taken straight to the character select screen or region screen in SF1’s case. You pick the levels for vs mode in the menu as well as opposed to in game. I heard the game had to be pushed back to add a versus mode to every title because supposedly only the 4 games you’re able to play online had them (Turbo, Super Turbo, Alpha 3, 3rd Strike) which is the most egregious thing I’ve ever heard but it’s very apparent once you play that versus mode was an after thought. Win quotes, and the accompanying art are non existent in versus mode, only arcade mode. The only games that have a training mode are the 4 games you’re able to play online. What has me the most pissed however is the game claiming to be arcade perfect and yet frame data is really off with titles like champion edition and Next generation. It’s because of the widescreen format option they had to have. 2nd impact I think is the only Street Fighter title before SF4 that was made for wide screen. We were pigeonholed into arcade perfect ports for nothing. Alpha 3’s arcade version is bare bones compared to the PlayStation version and saikyo dojo version for Dreamcast. No Alpha 3 Guile or Alpha 3 Fei Long?? All for the “idea” of arcade perfect? Alpha Anthology and OG anniversary collection are WAYYY better collection ports. Disappointed....

Downloaded 30th Anniversary collection yesterday and was playing from midnight til about 2 am and I’m kind of disappointed in Capcom. The menu screen is so lazy and there’s one general menu screen for all the titles and then you pick the the title and are taken straight to the character select screen or region screen in SF1’s case. You pick the levels for vs mode in the menu as well as opposed to in game. I heard the game had to be pushed back to add a versus mode to every title because supposedly only the 4 games you’re able to play online had them (Turbo, Super Turbo, Alpha 3, 3rd Strike) which is the most egregious thing I’ve ever heard but it’s very apparent once you play that versus mode was an after thought. Win quotes, and the accompanying art are non existent in versus mode, only arcade mode. The only games that have a training mode are the 4 games you’re able to play online. What has me the most pissed however is the game claiming to be arcade perfect and yet frame data is really off with titles like champion edition and Next generation. It’s because of the widescreen format option they had to have. 2nd impact I think is the only Street Fighter title before SF4 that was made for wide screen. We were pigeonholed into arcade perfect ports for nothing. Alpha 3’s arcade version is bare bones compared to the PlayStation version and saikyo dojo version for Dreamcast. No Alpha 3 Guile or Alpha 3 Fei Long?? All for the “idea” of arcade perfect? Alpha Anthology and OG anniversary collection are WAYYY better collection ports. Disappointed....

You gotta be kidding me on the alpha 3 news . They at least could of thrown world tour version on there

^^^Don't forget the superior Saturn version. I think that was the closest gameplay and graphically wise (despite the stupid slowdown).
And it was clear they were going to be no frills when they didn't include online options in the other titles or go the breath of options like TS on PS3/360.

It's the first attempt at a comprehensive SF collection. It is what it is.

Now, a KOF collection. That would be money.

Back
Top Bottom