STREET FIGHTER

SFV is actually the most balanced Street Fighter game ever.
Don't forget Bison won EVO and this tournament had a Zeku in top 8.
No Cammy, Guile or Akuma made it to top 8.

I'm not an Abigail fan as well but you have to love the fear he puts into people and it makes some player match ups fun to watch because of the adjustments you need to make.
Someone like Xian is almost free to a good grappler and I've never seen one deal out damage like Abigail and this is with him being nerfed from release.

That being said, they can still improvea lot more and a brief look at the patch notes seems to be on the right path but knowing Capcom, some will still suffer.
Menat and Abigail's V triggers from my brief reading have been increased to 3, thank God.
SFV is not well balanced. It also lacks defensive options which hurts those that in the bottom tier as well.
Bison is a top tier character. How does him winning EVO prove that SFV is balanced? Oh, by the way, Abigail/Bison won EVO. People love to conveniently forget that Problem X ran Abigail threw out the tournament to blow through everyone and then used Bison in the finals. Call me when an Alex main is winning EVO.
I don't want it to come off like I'm complaining a lot because I like SFV, but when I'm seeing Birdie get nerfed and Mika, Akuma, and Guile pretty much stay the same or are buffed or untouched, there's an issue.

SFV is NOT the most balanced FG ever lol. Teller 7 had panda win it all and other than that had maybe 2 mirror matches. Cmon now

SFV is not as noob friendly as it started as which is good but there are some obvious low risk high reward or at least solid rewards characters

I said it's the most balanced Street Fighter not the most balanced fighting game.
I don't follow NRS, Arc Systems and Namco games like that so I can't speak for them.

SFV is not well balanced. It also lacks defensive options which hurts those that in the bottom tier as well.
Bison is a top tier character. How does him winning EVO prove that SFV is balanced? Oh, by the way, Abigail/Bison won EVO. People love to conveniently forget that Problem X ran Abigail threw out the tournament to blow through everyone and then used Bison in the finals. Call me when an Alex main is winning EVO.
I don't want it to come off like I'm complaining a lot because I like SFV, but when I'm seeing Birdie get nerfed and Mika, Akuma, and Guile pretty much stay the same or are buffed or untouched, there's an issue.

No doubt, the game can use more balancing. It's not close to perfect by any means. Reading the patch notes, the changes look really good but we'll need more time to see. Abigail, Cammy and Menat got nerfed rightfully.
As a whole though, I can't think of which SF is more balanced than SFV.

I wouldn't classify Bison as top tier. I think that tier belonged to Cammy, Menat, Guile, Akuma and Ibuki. They were top 5 in season 3. Bison isn't low tier. I think he occupied the mid to high tier with the likes of Rashid and Abigail but not top tier. People only started claiming him to be top tier when he won EVO, same thing when MenaRD won Capcom Cup with Birdie.

I won't expect the likes of Alex to win Majors at the moment but at least seeing them in top 8 is a good sign. Eventhubs had an article about how many characters have made it into top 8 this year in the pro tour and it's everyone except 1 character which was a season 3 character.

upload_2018-12-18_13-7-56.png

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2018...-character-hasnt-shown-all-lets-analyze-data/

As for Problem X, he only used Abigail against Luffy and Fujimura. All his other matches were with Bison including everything in top 8 where he defeated Tokido, Fuudo and Gachikun. His Bison put in the most work.

On the fence on getting this SFV arcade stick. I still don’t have one. Joint is on sale for 110.

I am a little intimidated and don’t wan relearn everything

I'm going to have to put a lot of time into Kage if I intend on playing him seriously. Ugh.

Convince me.

I need your take

Stick isn’t that big of a learning curve at least not as big as people would like you to think. As long as you knew how to read inputs before hand you’d be playing like your usual self in about 2-3 days and you’ll get even better within a week because your inputs would be a lot faster because you’d be able to get to buttons a split second faster

Convince me.

I need your take
If you can't execute on a DS4 then it's worth getting a stick or trying it out first.
I did it and I'm better on it than a DS4 but I see lots of pros playing on pad so all depends on whats best for you.

I really want to get a hitbox.

iu

Too expensive for me but I think it would solve my complete lack of execution.

Last edited:
The stick learning curve isn’t bad. Like lamekilla lamekilla said it took me like 2-3 days to get used to it.

I do want to point out that it's not automatically going to make you better. You still gotta put in the work AND it’s also character dependent. Some characters aren’t much easier if at all on stick.

Yeah I just miss a lot of inputs. Like a low 1, low 3, d+f2 chain

I always miss d+f2. My hands can’t do it quick enough. And don’t get me started on Tekken.

I know it won’t make me better but I will hit more and it seems pretty fun as well. It will also help me in other games like king of fighters and guilty gear :pimp:

Last edited:
It’s just a controller. Enough practice at you can use anything. Sometimes drop in input is caused by playing online too

If you want to clean up your inputs and looking to have fun, you should definitely take the leap.

The sound and feel is probably the part i enjoy the most. Just feels like im back in the arcade.

Disgusting :lol:

WTH low kick, fireball, teleport, tatsu, air teleport, instant overhead.

I still stand by Kage being a lost marvel character like viper.

Kage is a character that a lot of people are in the lab with. He seems like a character that has endless combo potential. He’s not my type of character but I’m seeing a lot of SF4 in his skill set, starting with him being able to make an DP safe with his VT.

I love just being in the dojo :lol:

Such a fun game to learn. I like Karin and Ken a lot. Was trying Alex but I can’t get close enough to people

Was thinking about picking up the character pass but I don’t see the point.

Back
Top Bottom