SUPER BOWL LIII THREAD: Patriots/Rams in Atlanta

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
all i know is the dude with 6 rings will continue to get discredited (deservingly or not) and the fraud with 1 ring will continue to have excuses made for him. call it whatever you want. no one is going to argue that Brady is more talented physically than Fraud or Froggy. but takes more than talent.

and NE beat teams that were more talented up and down the board on this entire run. and lets not act like most of y'all can name more than 5 people on our defense. you want to make the coach argument, then sure. fair. but talent? NE had one real pro bowler this year. no all pro's (as far as i know). how many the Chargers, Chiefs, and Ram have? :lol:

today was absolutely about our defense. no doubt. but the supporting cast **** is hilarious. especially when i'm being told jabar gaffney is better than julian edelman and people are repping those posts.

this team has had a rotating door at nearly every position. except for the coach and QB.

Talk your **** DSA!

Ain’t nothing wrong with Gurley.
The problem is Sean McVay thought he was really a genius...
When 30 got the ball, he was himself. 10 total carries for the best RB in football in the Super Bowl :lol:
3 carries on the 1st half is historically DUMB. Like next level stupidity. And then add inthat 35% of your passing game comes off play action, Makes this the worst game plan and play calling in the history of NFL playoffs and Super Bowl.

100%. Goff looked like an idiot out there too.

Talk your **** DSA!
Q6LJ.gif

Name me a NFL player more popular than lebron. The dude didn't play for 3 weeks and was the most talked about athlete on tv.
NBA has more marketable players. No denying that.

But as far as viewership and popularity? It's not and will never be close. As long as gambling and fantasy football is around, the NFL will always be the King in America...

Lets play a game. Add up how many pro bowlers, all pros and hofers Brady has played with his whole career?

Now do the same for Rodgers.

This has nothing to do with "killer will" or any of those empty sports phrases that you use only because skip Bayless had for the past 20years.

The dude with the 6 rings has better players around him. It's that simple.
Brady also makes half of what Rodgers does so sounds like he should give some of that money back to sign more pro bowlers.

It's definitely one of the worst that I have seen. It was almost Suicide Squad/BvS level type bad, you know? You start to say to yourself, 'What the **** am I watching?...' 'How is this a thing?'
it was the last jedi bad

Wonder how many on TV are gonna compare Brady to Jordan these next couple weeks...which is utterly ridiculous.

The ridiculous LeBron comparisons were enough

all i know is the dude with 6 rings will continue to get discredited (deservingly or not) and the fraud with 1 ring will continue to have excuses made for him. call it whatever you want. no one is going to argue that Brady is more talented physically than Fraud or Froggy. but takes more than talent.

and NE beat teams that were more talented up and down the board on this entire run. and lets not act like most of y'all can name more than 5 people on our defense. you want to make the coach argument, then sure. fair. but talent? NE had one real pro bowler this year. no all pro's (as far as i know). how many the Chargers, Chiefs, and Ram have? :lol:

today was absolutely about our defense. no doubt. but the supporting cast **** is hilarious. especially when i'm being told jabar gaffney is better than julian edelman and people are repping those posts.

this team has had a rotating door at nearly every position. except for the coach and QB.

It's funny dudes are really tryna somehow downplay 6 rings by talking up the talent around him as if it's ever been overwhelming, even though guys like Peyton and Rodgers have played with more 1st round picks and pro bowlers on their side of the ball (and defense in Peytons case). The talent has never been the reason behind these W's,the most talented teams every year hardly ever win a chip at the end.

Where was the goalpost moving with Montana and Bradshaw when they were winning rings on squads stacked with HoFers though? In Montana's case they were good enough to keep winning even without him. They still got their dues regardless and weren't discredited for being a part of some of the greatest squads ever with all time great coaches.

The rate of roster turnover during this run due to being in the cap era is one of the most impressive things about it,basically played with different cast of characters outside of a couple core guys each SB W

Last edited:
It's funny dudes are really tryna somehow downplay 6 rings by talking up the talent around him as if it's ever been overwhelming, even though guys like Peyton and Rodgers have played with more 1st round picks and pro bowlers on their side of the ball (and defense in Peytons case). The talent has never been the reason behind these W's,the most talented teams every year hardly ever win a chip at the end.

Where was the goalpost moving with Montana and Bradshaw when they were winning rings on squads stacked with HoFers though? In Montana's case they were good enough to keep winning even without him. They still got their dues regardless and weren't discredited for being a part of some of the greatest squads ever with all time great coaches.

The rate of roster turnover during this run due to being in the cap era is one of the most impressive things about it,basically played with different cast of characters outside of a couple core guys each SB W

B8BAA41A-A2A4-4968-842A-E319F5599986.gif

To add to all of these statements... Ty Law was the Pats FIRST Pro Bowler who played with BB/Brady to be inducted in the HOF while other teams with lesser accomplishments have inducted far more.

Name me a NFL player more popular than lebron. The dude didn't play for 3 weeks and was the most talked about athlete on tv.

Lebron is 1 player on a team

The NBA ain't track or swimming

That game last night will have almost 100 mill more viewers than the NBA finals last year, guess what lebron was in em and the year before and the year before that too

Last 2 NBA finals have had exactly 1 entertaining game.. and JR smith was heavily involved in the theatrics

I'd say 2 games at least. the one 2 years ago when Durant hit the 3 on Lebron was a good one

I can't remember a single game from the playoffs that year

At least I remember the rockets/warriors, sixers/celtics and thunder/Utah series from last year.. and then game 1 of the finals.. I barely watched game 2 and zero of the rest

Lets play a game. Add up how many pro bowlers, all pros and hofers Brady has played with his whole career?

Now do the same for Rodgers.

This has nothing to do with "killer will" or any of those empty sports phrases that you use only because skip Bayless had for the past 20years.

The dude with the 6 rings has better players around him. It's that simple.

Let's try this exercise.

This year Aaron Rodgers had:

-The NFL leader in YPC
-devante Adams who is a better receiver than anyone the Patriots have
-pro bowl center and LT
-packers had PFFs 7th ranked line in the NFL
-also has a washed HOF TE like Brady
-packers were 14th in PPG

Brady has
-julian Edelman and a trash receiving core outside of that
-duo of running backs that are also pretty good, **** you @DeadsetAce burkhead is garbage as **** and doesnt count
-washed HOF TE
-converted RT from the 49ers last year playing left tackle and shaq mason
-patriots had PFFs 4th ranked line in the NFL
-patriots were 4th in PPG

But let's add up the numbers. The Patriots had 2 players named to the pro bowl (Brady and gilmore) this year.

The packers had 2 players named to the pro bowl (Rodgers and adams) and three players named as alternates (bahktiari, linsley, clark).

So I count 2 for each with the packers having 3 alternates to the Patriots 0.

One player took a pay cut while the other player demanded the packers give him the most lucrative contract in NFL history (rightfully so he deserved it) so it's hard to argue why one player has better teams when said player is the reason he doesnt have better teammates.

i don’t why everyone’s saying this is the worst super bowl they ever seen.

i mean yea there’s been more high scoring entertaining ones.

but worst???

lol you got a superbowl that from start to pretty much finish was 1 scoring play away from deciding the game for either team

A close game is not the same as a good game.

Back
Top Bottom