SUPER BOWL LIII THREAD: Patriots/Rams in Atlanta

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yall need to let this Rodgers narrative go, he ain't in the same stratosphere as Brady enough with the excuses. He hasn't proven himself when it counts since that one super bowl win. It happens, sooner yall accept how rare it is to have one team have this much sustained success the better off you'll be.

They do the unthinkable with no name guys year in year out, its not an accident. Talent alone doesn't win **** in this league, I don't know how many times it has to be proven. Just look at the Steelers, Cowboys teams of the last decade, so many talented rosters and pro bowlers yet can't get to the big game. Pats for whatever reason get players to play like studs when it matters most. Scheme and coaching have a lot to do with that.

:smh:

PatsBench.gif

Oh and for the record, halftime was the worst performance probably ever, right? Zero flow and it was just overall a bore. I had NO idea what Travis Scott sounded like live vs off of hearing him through my headphones :lol: .

Their defense held a offense that's avg over 30 points to 3 and dudes still hyping Brady. :lol: Sounding like Thskip Bayless.

Dont get me wrong, defense was phenomenal in the superbowl but let's not act like the Patriots werent going for 500 ypg on the other side of things and first in passing yards throughout the postseason.

Screenshot_20190204-084915_Chrome.jpg

Imagine using a the playoffs where Brady led the NFL in passing ypg to bump up a grimy ****** that barely beat the 49ers and lost to the cardinals

Cap space dont matter if you dont sign the right players i.e Knicks 2010 free agency.
How are you going to say cap space don’t matter? You can’t even sign the wrong players if there’s no cap space.
The patriots are willing to take less because they look at Brady and see he’s willing to do the same.

This should be a huge ego check for McVay.
He tried to outwit two defensive masterminds.
Sometimes head coaches get caught up in the ego **** too. More than sometimes...
what’s worse, is he has no checks and balances as it’s his offense plus he’s calling the plays. Smh.
I’ve never seen a head coach wet the bed like this in a Super Bowl. That game was there to be won with any competent gameplan. The Rams defense was spectacular.and they were on the field all game.
I saw this and called these happenings since week 13. McVay was getting all the praise and was really feeling himself, abandoning basic winning football to stroke his own ego... They put the crown on his head just to shoot it off. Dummy.

Last edited:
Let's try this exercise.

This year Aaron Rodgers had:

-The NFL leader in YPC
-devante Adams who is a better receiver than anyone the Patriots have
-pro bowl center and LT
-packers had PFFs 7th ranked line in the NFL
-also has a washed HOF TE like Brady
-packers were 14th in PPG

Brady has
-julian Edelman and a trash receiving core outside of that
-duo of running backs that are also pretty good, **** you DeadsetAce DeadsetAce burkhead is garbage as **** and doesnt count
-washed HOF TE
-converted RT from the 49ers last year playing left tackle and shaq mason
-patriots had PFFs 4th ranked line in the NFL
-patriots were 4th in PPG

But let's add up the numbers. The Patriots had 2 players named to the pro bowl (Brady and gilmore) this year.

The packers had 2 players named to the pro bowl (Rodgers and adams) and three players named as alternates (bahktiari, linsley, clark).

So I count 2 for each with the packers having 3 alternates to the Patriots 0.

One player took a pay cut while the other player demanded the packers give him the most lucrative contract in NFL history (rightfully so he deserved it) so it's hard to argue why one player has better teams when said player is the reason he doesnt have better teammates.
Brady had no business being selected to the pro bowl this year.
Stop all this crying man you sound like a Mitch

Oh and for the record, halftime was the worst performance probably ever, right? Zero flow and it was just overall a bore. I had NO idea what Travis Scott sounded like live vs off of hearing him through my headphones :lol: .
lol people say the Super Bowl halftime show is the worst ever every damn year. You can set your watch to it

dude quoting and repping TROLL twitter accounts to make a serious point on here :rofl:

:lol: @ people saying Pats fans are hyping Brady from last last night...we all been saying last night was the defense BALLIN out. go check the Pats thread. but you're a salty little *** clown if you getting on us for celebrating TB12 getting #6

I swear, people want a white wide receiver in the Hall of Fame so bad. Edelman has had two thousand-yard seasons in his decade-long career and now he's a Hall of famer? if Isaac Bruce who is top 5 all-time and receiving yards isn't in the Hall of Fame, then there's no way Edelman deserves to be in.
Screenshot_20190204-074313_Chrome.jpg

Do these look like Hall of Fame stats to you?

I think this is one of the worst cases recency bias I can remember. Let's we approach this in six months and see if people feel the same way. Also, are we just going to forget about PED suspensions in earlier this season?

Last edited:
I thought the SB was ok. I know some scoring would've helped but I appreciate a good defensive game. I bet casual fans were not enthused at all lol. It pretty much played out as I thought it would.

Trey Wingo had a good rant about this SB lol

Back
Top Bottom