Super Bowl XLIV Thread: Saints vs. Colts 2/7/09 6pm CBS vol: Peyton vs. Drew

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

So I'd like to hear the "Peyton Manning is the best QB of this generation" crowd explain what happened today...

And his .500 career playoff record.

Warner, Brady in the playoffs > Peyton Manning among this generation of QBs.

Well, first of all, Manning does have one ring, something that cannot be disputed.  Manning legitimately has four more excellent seasons in him, don't cast final judgment yet.  I totally see him getting another ring before he's done.

Originally Posted by buschfan04

peyton is still the best qb in this generation no doubt. The saints just have a better team around brees. Was the pic all on him no wayne is supposed to beat the defender there and he didnt. And the colts d couldnt do one thing right in the 2nd half.

It was bang-bang, there was no time to come back to the ball. He knew the route combination, so it was a pick before it even left his hand
laugh.gif

It's either all Manning or all Tracy Porter.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

seriously i am sick and tired of hearing about this whole katrina nonsense and how new orleans needed to win to feel some sort of pride for their city.

new yorkers been thru 9/11 and hell when the giants won the super bowl 2 years in dramatic fashion and no one brought it up how that victory saved us from all the sorrow and sadness.

Shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*sigh*

People were saying this when they had a good season after Katrina...

So now for the past 5 years, the games were fixed?

Please stop...

Face it, the Colts LOST!

yo, i can't even clown Peyton right now.. he lost the game today, but its been an honor to watch him play the QB position for the past 10 years.

Hey look at recent history it's been AFC and NFC back and forth. So peyton could win next season

OK....I agree, Peyton threw a horrible pass at a horrible time. But, I need to ask you guys who are clowning a question.

How can you possibly truly believe the statement that "Peyton LOST the game today???"

I mean, do I need to remind you that the Colts were BEHIND when he threw the pick? I am a big PM fan, and Im sure Im going to get some crap for this post, but there is no way in hell Peyton Manning LOST the game for his team today. Did he mess up at a horrible time? Absolutely. But its not as if his team was winning, and his mistake cost his team the game. He was trying to bring his team back, and failed. That doesnt mean he lost the game for his team. Bottom line.

So if you have that opinion, please explain yourself.

Originally Posted by dland24

OK....I agree, Peyton threw a horrible pass at a horrible time. But, I need to ask you guys who are clowning a question.

How can you possibly truly believe the statement that "Peyton LOST the game today???"

I mean, do I need to remind you that the Colts were BEHIND when he threw the pick? I am a big PM fan, and Im sure Im going to get some crap for this post, but there is no way in hell Peyton Manning LOST the game for his team today. Did he mess up at a horrible time? Absolutely. But its not as if his team was winning, and his mistake cost his team the game. He was trying to bring his team back, and failed. That doesnt mean he lost the game for his team. Bottom line.

So if you have that opinion, please explain yourself.
To say he lost the game is ridiculous but he definitely cost them the chance to win it.

Worst case scenario is that its 4th down for the Colts. Lets say they turn it over on downs...the Colts D has a chance to stop the Saints offense and get Manning the ball back. Instead he makes a poor throw that pads the Saints lead and gives the Colts almost no chance of winning the game.

My beef with Peyton is he's been amazing throughout his career in the regular season but has not been able to be nearly as good in the post-season. It's extremely difficult to explain how a QB can look so great 16-games a season but then play very poorly when the games matter the most. It's pretty crazy how the Colts were able to win the SB a few years ago despite Manning playing so poorly.

Just like I predicted, the team that had the ball last won
pimp.gif
Even if it was a technicality and the game didn't come down to the wire.

As a football fan, I say peyton lost the game for the colts. This is why. . .

1. He is the one that calls the plays and calls the audibles. He called that play. I say this cuz i was watching SB Classic when they were playing the bears. And in one series he was explaining how the tight end at the time was saying pass it to me on a 5 and out, so peyton calls the play. It didn't work, then the TE comes back and says I could burn him on a corner route, peyton calls the play and makes a completion.

2. reggie route was a hook but when you look at the replay, peyton threw the ball to far in for reggie to catch it. If he was would have thrown it outside and away, reggie might have caught it.   

The game wasn't all that before Saints started their comeback. After that it was entertaining. I was rooting the Saints though.

Living in Indianapolis, all I heard Colts fans say was that the Cardinals and the rest of the NFC sucks.

It's nice to see them eat crow.

Originally Posted by Beermann2

As a football fan, I say peyton lost the game for the colts. This is why. . .

1. He is the one that calls the plays and calls the audibles. He called that play. I say this cuz i was watching SB Classic when they were playing the bears. And in one series he was explaining how the tight end at the time was saying pass it to me on a 5 and out, so peyton calls the play. It didn't work, then the TE comes back and says I could burn him on a corner route, peyton calls the play and makes a completion.

2. reggie route was a hook but when you look at the replay, peyton threw the ball to far in for reggie to catch it. If he was would have thrown it outside and away, reggie might have caught it.   

laugh.gif
shutup man. 

Originally Posted by AirCommanderMarsFiend

Congrats Saints fans!

When will the Dawg Pound have their day?!?!

this saints super bowl win has to have fans of the browns, lions, bills and all other teams who have never won a super bowl thinking to themselves,  we can watch our team win the super bowl some day.

watching the saints suck year in year out for most of the mid to late 1990's when they were in the nfc west and knowing that it took them 33 years to win their first playoff game in 2000 and to see them go to the super bowl and actually win the thing was pretty cool to watch

^ The Cardinals getting to the SB was more amazing though because NO has been teetering as a team who could possibly win it all since 06.

Congrats New Orleans  and
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
at the Saints Owner who was desperate to sell the team after Katrina saying he's always believed in the team.

Back
Top Bottom