Taxi 12's - December '13

Gonna be my first pair of 12s since the French blues that came out 10 years ago

Last edited:
i miss my ogs. the og xii were indestructible tanks

the retros in the early 2000's were flimsy and the leather was cheaper compared to the og but imo were better to ball in.

they were noticeably lighter and the zoom was more softer and the shoe felt more low to the ground.

the xii did have zoom air right?
Yeah the XIIs do have zoom in them

Don't thing so, Xl's have full length air. Know your J's.

Last edited:
Don't thing so, Xl's have full length air. Know your J's.
this is true, i found out when i bought a pair of 01 black/reds and thought they were mad uncomfortable and come to find out the air bubble under the insole had crumbled i was like wtf! lmao

Sounds like the blk toe 13(he got game) thread all over again .... poor quality talk filled that thread up the entire time

Quality experts before release, quality cry babies after, quality trash talk by those who didnt get theirs with the infamous line:

"I didnt want these anyway quality was trash"

Really tho. The Blk Toes XIII's were solid this year. The leather was better the CDP and as good as the OG's I have, and mind you the CDP pair was solid too.

As for these, the leather looks great too. I have the '97, '03, and owned the '08 & '12 Retro. They all have that look on the leather. It's just the filters.

the retros in the early 2000's were flimsy and the leather was cheaper compared to the og but imo were better to ball in.

they were noticeably lighter and the zoom was more softer and the shoe felt more low to the ground.

i heard the OGs were tanks. i have never owned any pair of 12s

revEvvO.gif

Gonna by my first pair of 12s. These fit TTS? Trying to decide between 12 and 13 since my foot is still growing lol

Last edited:
Gonna by my first pair of 12s. These fit TTS? Trying to decide between 12 and 13 since my foot is still growing lol

If your foot is still growing I'd say go with a 13. I wear a 12 or 13 depending on which J's they are, but a size 13 in the XII's fit me WAY too big, so I went with a size 12.

Last edited:
I just can't give into these new 12's after owning a couple of OG 12's. That OG shape :smokin

Last edited:
The og XI cushioning uncomfortable? Oh hell naw man. I owned two pairs when they first came out and both pairs had regular nike air and them things almost felt as good as the air max cw which imo were the best mid 90's air cushioning basketball shoes around.

Last edited:
I just can't give into these new 12's after owning a couple of OG 12's. That OG shape :smokin

Its not only the shape but the cheap molded and chrome painted plastic lace loops look awkward compared to the metal on the ogs.
The 2004 retros were also ok, though already had different shape and low qzality leather.
And the retros are less durable due to the much softer midsole and thinner leather :frown:

Quick question for anyone in SoCal. I'll be in LA when these release. I've never dealt with a Jordan release in the US (I live in Australia). Should I be planning on lining up before opening? I know nobody can guarantee anything beforehand, but if anyone has a sense of how to obtain these, I'd be most appreciative.

Last edited:
Quick question for anyone in SoCal. I'll be in LA when these release. I've never dealt with a Jordan release in the US (I live in Australia). Should I be planning on lining up before opening? I know nobody can guarantee anything beforehand, but if anyone has a sense of how to obtain these, I'd be most appreciative.
Look up the numbers of the stores in the LA area that will be carrying them and give them a call when the date gets nearer and do out the math.

If anyone is hoping for the xii's to be anything like the originals you are gonna be disappointed. The leather will not be as thick, never have metal lace holders, and will never have that heavy boot feel of the og's. If the taxi's are anything close to the retro black/red and playoffs from '03, that is a win for the consumer like you and me. The shape of the xii's looks so off starting with the cdp version of the taxi's and every other xii made with that mold. The taxi's are the only Jordan I plan to get for the rest of the year. But unlike a lot of people who cry about quality and still buy the shoes, I won't buy them if they suck.

if the ogs had zoom air it took me a good 3 months to start feeling it lol.. they were indestructible tanks, which is good and bad... the og 12s took so long to break in on the court.. i'm sure walking around casual was fine, but for bball use, we were near the end of our season (high school) before they started feeling even just okay. 

Back
Top Bottom