Taxi 12's - December '13

@kamuekcmo, don't care who that person is my friend, but JB is not making metal on both places for year, for safety reasons, info is straight from the source. If I am wrong on Dec 14, I will come and personally apologize to you bud. 

Last edited:
lol cause they are actually metal. @kamuekcmo was right when I asked him earlier about it. So that will at least speak for the quality (IMO) and appease some OG heads at least a little bit even though leather isn't completely the same.
lol cause you're actually wrong. This topic was spoken about already in detail with "OG heads" saying their passing on this release because of the plastic tips, which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of in my life.

lol cause you're actually wrong. This topic was spoken about already in detail with "OG heads" saying their passing on this release because of the plastic tips, which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of in my life.
lol agreed it is one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard in my life. But I'm sure they will be metal and y'all could quote me and call me out if they aren't and I'll admit it if I'm wrong.

Plastic or metal .. i could care less Im getting them anyway.

Like thats one piece is gonna affect the shoe. Same ones talking about metal > plastic prob still bought olympic 7s last year lol

these will prob be a lot harder to cop than today's Laney V release I'll tell u that

Not true at all, these will be the same. Pretty sure there will be plenty of pairs to go around like the Cool Grey IX last Dec.

On another note, I've been wearing my 08 pair pretty much everyday for the last 3 months and they still look DS. I'll give them a rest when these drop.

Lol at not copping because of metal. Most of us in here have so many shoes that the 1 times we wear these a year no one will be worried about metal. Most of you guys put your pants over your shoes so that part isn't even visible to begin with.

@quise2024
True.
laugh.gif

@GrizzlyAnimal
Details matter to me

Besides nothing else to talk about.
laugh.gif
Just confirming it should be metal
+1

It's funny how when someone makes a statement on something bad or not quite right about the shoe, the Save-A-Jordan Cats come to the Rescue, but yet, everyone's allowed to praise it???

It's a Forum... All Good & Bad Opinions should be excepted, especially if there's Validity behind the statement. Pros & Cons are what make the World Go 'Round.

Heard the exact same thing before the Laney release... "This Laney's will be harder to cop than the Black Tongue 5...!"

If this is mass produce like the Laneys, it shouldn't be that hard to cop...

And you'll notice it's always the same people

ive been passing on al lot of Grs this year but im gonna cop these...always wanted playoff 12's but wasnt in the game when they released so these will have to do

^ :lol:  relax little fella it's just a joke

edit: @geraldg2309
  i feel you man, but we should all know how jb does things nowadays.. 
lol it's all good fam, I took it as a joke. JB and their quality has been :smh: sometimes.. But staying true to OGs for once and putting metal instead of plastic shows at least JB isn't screwing up this one as bad. Even if it doesn't mean a visual difference, it's still a quality difference. That's why it's a big thing for me details wise lol

Last edited:
lol it's all good fam, I took it as a joke. JB and their quality has been
mean.gif
sometimes.. But staying true to OGs for once and putting metal instead of plastic shows at least JB isn't screwing up this one as bad. Even if it doesn't mean a visual difference, it's still a quality difference. That's why it's a big thing for me details wise lol
Remember one thing, cost of materiel since the OG ones were released has probably risen by 200% which is why the Quality of shoes aren't what they used to be.

Have you gone to any restaurants lately like Fridays or Chilies etc. 10 years ago those places had outstanding food which was fresh and affordable. Now those places have crappy foods and charge more.

I know cost of material has something to do with the quality of these retro releases. 

I know cost of material has something to do with the quality of these retro releases. 
Cost of materials you say, not really, more like the hype spectrum. Materials used today are far worst than the one used 20 years a go, and not to mention that they moved all the production from Korea, Taiwan (far, far more quality orientated countries when it comes to production and execution of a product) to China and Vietnam.

But I do agree with you restaurant analogy, its on point.

Last edited:
Remember one thing, cost of materiel since the OG ones were released has probably risen by 200% which is why the Quality of shoes aren't what they used to be.

Have you gone to any restaurants lately like Fridays or Chilies etc. 10 years ago those places had outstanding food which was fresh and affordable. Now those places have crappy foods and charge more.

Yes prices for materials has risen. But by your assumption, your acting like the retail prices haven't changed by the influence cheaper materials when they have. JB is charging more for cheaper materials. JB isn't charging more for better materials when that should be the reason why they charge more.

JB (at a business standpoint) is trying to maximize their profits by using the cheapest material and the highest retail price where the consumer will still buy. They don't want to buy better material because they are trying to get by with cheap quality and still sell at a higher price.

It's just greed why they use cheaper materials. Not cause better materials cost too much to use on a retro

Last edited:
It's just greed why they use cheaper materials. Not cause better materials cost too much to use on a retro
There's no doubt that greed has something to do with it, but I don't know of many companies who aren't greedy.

JB (at a business standpoint) is trying to maximize their profits by using the cheapest material and the highest retail price where the consumer will still buy. They don't want to buy better material because they are trying to get by with cheap quality and still sell at a higher price.
Profit margins, every corporation cares for that first. They don't care if you like it or not, all pairs are being sold, bad quality or not. 

Profit margins, every corporation cares for that first. They don't care if you like it or not, all pairs are being sold, bad quality or not. 

Exactly. And they are all sold because of a loyalty, nostalgia, exclusivity, hype, historical meaning, personal significance etc. to the brand and not cause of quality that they are being sold. JB knows that and also having the GOAT as their icon is an easy selling point in itself, and they manipulate that

Last edited:
I wonder since this is the only color of the 12's that randomly are dropping this year maybe they will drop another next year like the leather black red 12's, white red 12's, or french blue 12's. I swear any of those colors would put a smile on my face.

Back
Top Bottom