Taxi 12's - December '13

Any company can choose their own fiscal year. There's no rule or standard for fiscal year...that's why it's called "fiscal" year, as opposed to "calendar" year. It generally has to do with what kind of business it is and when their busy season is. You generally want your fiscal year to end during the busiest time for your particular business to try to salvage any down years.

I hope someone asks why Nike's fiscal year doesn't end in December since that's their busiest part of the year so that I can tell them that once upon a time, there wasn't a big holiday release from Nike...

Any company can choose their own fiscal year. There's no rule or standard for fiscal year...that's why it's called "fiscal" year, as opposed to "calendar" year. It generally has to do with what kind of business it is and when their busy season is. You generally want your fiscal year to end during the busiest time for your particular business to try to salvage any down years.

I hope someone asks why Nike's fiscal year doesn't end in December since that's their busiest part of the year so that I can tell them that once upon a time, there wasn't a big holiday release from Nike...

I agree with the majority of what you said, but there used to be a standard. For the most part companies quarters were based on the traditional calendar year. As times have changed, including Nike now having big holiday releases, that's where most people are now confused. Because all these companies present their flagship products at different periods of the year, so fiscal years have changed accordingly. Back in the day almost every company waited for the holiday's, but now everyone is tryin to be different and avoid competition.

Damn yall still talkin about fiscal years..

I wish i would have never made my OG comment cuz it trickled down from that

A lot more texture to these 2013s IMO is my first impression. That Gold background red jumpman at the heel tab is more true to OG, being placed a little bit lower as well. 

Last edited:
After seeing those pics, I really like the 2013's because you see more texture. Now only one question left. How is the fit of the 13's vs 08's ?

I think that we can answer that next week or maybe someone already knows it?

^ This i agree.  Has there been any other case when the new model of a Jordan actually "may" out shine its older predecessor?  

"emphases" on may we don't know much about fit and sizing 

Last edited:
After seeing that one pic of the toe area im still convinced that sh** was suppose to resemble a basketball hahahahaha

but lets not go down that road again since proof was provided

I may be the only one to say I appreciate the cut of the CDPs more,  yet I like the texture of the new pair. You can noticeably see the difference in Quality. Ill def pick up the 2013s for nostalgic purposes.  These and Obsidian's stand out the most (FOR ME). Had a chance to get these and choose Reebok Answer 1s back in the day smh. Had the 04 lows and the CDPs, I just hope they fix that paint scuff issue from the CDP 12s. If they go back to Dyeing the midsole instead of painting it, I would be set.

Last edited:
Pass for me cause I doubled up on the 11/12 cdp when they came out. Good luck to everyone tryin to cop. Gona use the money I would have spent to get the wife something nice for Christmas

I am ready for both!! 
nthat.gif

had a dream the other night that i was playing ball and i dunked, then looked down and saw these on my feet.  how could i pass on these.

After seeing that one pic of the toe area im still convinced that sh** was suppose to resemble a basketball hahahahaha

but lets not go down that road again since proof was provided

And that's why I'll be passing, because that extra texture is much more there than possibly ever and that basketball material look is probably a lot more noticeable as well lol. I can't stand the little bumps that look like they are popping out. I'm pretty sure the black cement 3's are tumbled leather and that leather doesn't look like this leather neither the white or black part.

And that's why I'll be passing, because that extra texture is much more there than possibly ever and that basketball material look is probably a lot more noticeable as well lol. I can't stand the little bumps that look like they are popping out. I'm pretty sure the black cement 3's are tumbled leather and that leather doesn't look like this leather neither the white or black part.
your opinion is heard and respected .....  but thats just 1 more for us :smile:

I can't wait for these either there sick. Those 11 look,nice in tat pic wasn't feeling them early now I thnk might have to cop.

Bruh, you meant to tell me dat dese ain't the white cement concord 12s? And do I have to really have to call a taxi to buy dese?

/Hypebeast

Back
Top Bottom