Taxi 12's - December '13

I had ordered 2 more pairs from df and just ate the $50 each custom charge. Sucks how random the custom fees are. Some will slip through free of fees and some won't.

but that's how customs are in general.... been like that for years now.

UPDATE:

Been a while now since grabbing these from Df. Still no custom fees. 

And have you guys considered buying from China? Just saying; there are ways.

Last edited:
So I mentioned before that I got hit with custom fees. Yesterday, I received a letter from UPS stating that I owe them more money because the UPS driver told me the wrong amount. They are asking me to send them the difference....

It seems as though they do send out bills for custom fees through the mail. I know fedex and other shipping couriers mail you the bill but this is the first time I experience a bill mailed to me by UPS...smh

Last edited:
So I mentioned before I got hit with custom fees. I received a letter from UPS saying that I owe them more money because the UPS driver told me the wrong amount so they are asking me to send them the difference....

It seems as though they do send out bills for custom fees through the mail. I know fedex and other shipping couriers mail you the bill but this is the first time I experience a bill mailed to me by UPS...smh

that's foul. UPS is the meanest when it comes to customs fees.

Can someone please check under the insole of their Jordan XIIs. Its removable so it  should come out easily. My pair has like a blue ortholite footbed, so I'm wondering what others have.

that's foul. UPS is the meanest when it comes to customs fees.
+1 UPS is the worst, of that $50, probably only a small fraction are taxes charged by US customs, the rest is just "brokerage" fee for UPS, such BS
mean.gif

I was just cleaning my Obsidian's pulled out the insole and it had the DuraTex or what not on the bottom of the sole and it looks different than insole on my 09 nubuck and wht/red which had the normal style insole as my 04 playoff. out of curiousity I pulled the insoles out of the taxi and the taxi has the old insole as well. does anyone know why was the insole different in the Obsidian?

Tell you one thing. Ordered a pair from dope factory. They just showed and ups is askin for a little over 50 bucks in fees. They got sent back.
That's what happens when your order is over $200 and sent from overseas, right?

Cause I ordered a pair of J's from Size? that I thought was in Euro currency...WRONG. Ended up being 232, I'll be damned if I have to pay UPS/Fedex as well.

Ok, I can now frankly say either I got lucky, or the customs fees are region/state specific. No customs fee invoices in my mailbox as of today and most definitely ever.
Paid for my legit playoff 12s via western union ($180 shipped) and Cherry 12s ($195 shipped). Though there've been reports of some sellers sending in B-grades or fakes; assuming they even send anything at all. So it's a risk. Look around dude, I just checked and Taxis are still available; mostly all up to size 12. Size 13s and up are pretty rare over there.

Last edited:
Ok, I can now frankly say either I got lucky, or the customs fees are region/state specific. No customs fee invoices in my mailbox as of today and most definitely ever.
Paid for my legit playoff 12s via western union ($180 shipped) and Cherry 12s ($195 shipped). Though there've been reports of some sellers sending in B-grades or fakes; assuming they even send anything at all. So it's a risk. Look around dude, I just checked and Taxis are still available; mostly all up to size 12. Size 13s and up are pretty rare over there.
You have any specific sites you use? I wear size 13, bruh. lol,

I never got a charge for my taxis from df but I did for my bugs Bunny's and fire red 5s.
And you can tell the UPS guy to send it back, right? Might send back those Fire Reds I don't even want them, really. White always dirty easily, plus a fence on them that will yellow eventually? And I paid 232 thinking I got em for 190? I want my money back lol. Jordan ain't THAT important. I'd rather invest in 11's.

Back
Top Bottom