TAY: IT'S A MAN THING GINA

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's ****** up with that is it may never come back around. That homegirl layup that you don't recognize till later, then go hard to find out that window is closed for now.

Facts.

It's like once you miss that window with a chick, it's closed forever :lol:. Gotta be on point

You sure you're not just getting in your own head because you're disappointed that she's been active?

Seems like you probably made her uncomfortable by assuming he undivided attention was a mutual thing. Unless it was decided there would be no reason to assume that.

You can probably try and talk to her like normal but I'm assuming you probably got too serious to her too quick they way you were talking to her about it.

How long have you guys been talking?

Yea you most definitely have a point, we've been speaking since August, and I honestly shouldn't have felt some type of way. It's just that when I like a chick I want her to myself. We're still talking she says she wants to see me or whatever but I know now not to get into a relationship just smash and dash *Kanye shrug *. I'd like to hear more of your thoughts since a lot of y'all drop gems and whatnot

Hey guys :D

Been working, schooling and doing too much with these women :lol:

Got 3 that are ill in their own way:"

• Girl A: My ex, has to earn my trust but a lot of our issues were due to distance and lack of effective communication. Been spending time, smashed a couple of times but still skeptical.
  • Girl B: Dope chick from around the way, dynamic in her career, hip hop hear, nice body, smart and we just get along. she hasn't annoyed me yet and don't see her doing so.
  • Girl C: Chick I went to college with who I HAAAATED but over the years we got cool. Chemistry is through the roof, says she's celibate (but not really) but she can be a bit annoying. Know her for 9 years tho.

Not so much in need of a choice or advice...I feel like the decision will make itself. A & B are worlds above C but all I can see making me happy in the long term. Either way, they're all aware I don't want anything serious right now anyway haha

Sex with A & B is A-1 and C has some....talents :evil:

Last edited:
I'm in this awkward place right now. Need advice.

So recently my girl and I have been working to strengthen our relationship with God. It's been going well but we've reached an impasse. She feels like she can no longer engage in premarital sex. I feel differently.

This has resulted in a lot of frustration, a few fights. So the other night I ended it cause I'm not tryna creep around and cheat. Was I wrong? What should I do? We still talk everyday. Not sure I'm in good to go on the prowl for some new yambs or not.

She thinks we will get back together but i doubt that's gonna happen with where we both are mentally

Last edited:

So recently my girl and I have been working to strengthen our relationship with God. It's been going well but we've reached an impasse. She feels like she can no longer engage in premarital sex. I feel differently.

This has resulted in a lot of frustration, a few fights. So the other night I ended it cause I'm not tryna creep around and cheat. Was I wrong? What should I do? We still talk everyday. Not sure I'm in good to go on the prowl for some new yambs or not.

She thinks we will get back together but i doubt that's gonna happen with where we both are mentally

Take some time and cool down. After that, sit down with her and talk about the situation objectively. Write down your reasons for your opinion and the same with her and try to come to a compromise. IT can be done but its hard as hell.

Hey guys :D

Been working, schooling and doing too much with these women :lol:

Got 3 that are ill in their own way:"

• Girl A: My ex, has to earn my trust but a lot of our issues were due to distance and lack of effective communication. Been spending time, smashed a couple of times but still skeptical.
  • Girl B: Dope chick from around the way, dynamic in her career, hip hop hear, nice body, smart and we just get along. she hasn't annoyed me yet and don't see her doing so.
  • Girl C: Chick I went to college with who I HAAAATED but over the years we got cool. Chemistry is through the roof, says she's celibate (but not really) but she can be a bit annoying. Know her for 9 years tho.

Not so much in need of a choice or advice...I feel like the decision will make itself. A & B are worlds above C but all I can see making me happy in the long term. Either way, they're all aware I don't want anything serious right now anyway haha

Sex with A & B is A-1 and C has some....talents :evil:

Option D. All of the above.

Man looks like you already have your mind made up , if you feel like you're gonna cheat when she doesn't want to give it up then that's not good .

Take some time and cool down. After that, sit down with her and talk about the situation objectively. Write down your reasons for your opinion and the same with her and try to come to a compromise. IT can be done but its hard as hell.

Idk dog. The fact that she feels this way because of religion tells me I can't really try and change that. Idk

Man looks like you already have your mind made up , if you feel like you're gonna cheat when she doesn't want to give it up then that's not good .

I'm not saying in definitely am gonna go and creep around but damn. To completely give that up?

Idk man. Im young, 22, it's just too much to take in. I can't see myself going that route if its not something I completely believe in ya know?

Ya'll only have a minority of their attention even though it feels like old times. With each conversation you're helping her heal and get over what you guys had, and build more with the other guy. Once the ratio is to her liking, she'll fade like your recent little talks never happened and you're doing something that wasn't basically her idea to begin with. Let that **** go, it's not a negative, but truly the only positive way whether you get back together or not. I shake my head it took me two years to get over my ex because I kept falling for the okie doke prolonging my healing while helping to speed up hers.
@Mark Antony

Mind expanding on your experience? 

2 years sounds OD but understandable. I feel this has been my situation these last few months. 

Last edited:

It would seem that, like jetsetkev said, you already know where you're head is at and where it will be. You don't want to give up something that you enjoy based on a system that you can't fully get jiggy with. The thing is that it's fine tho. That's a legit reason to break up. It'd be different if she was on some Think Like a Man ish and wanted you to "earn" the right to sleep with her or if she wore ya sweatshirt out without telling you.

You aren't wrong, but you do want to think about what you're losing in her.

If I'm ever trying to approach a chick and I accidentally trip, can I hit her with "sorry I think I'm accidentally falling for you already lol" and try to work wight that.  Just wondering lol.

[QUOTE url="/t/578960/tay-its-a-man-thing-gina/20220#post_24342388"]
Ya'll only have a minority of their attention even though it feels like old times. With each conversation you're helping her heal and get over what you guys had, and build more with the other guy. Once the ratio is to her liking, she'll fade like your recent little talks never happened and you're doing something that wasn't basically her idea to begin with. Let that **** go, it's not a negative, but truly the only positive way whether you get back together or not. I shake my head it took me two years to get over my ex because I kept falling for the okie doke prolonging my healing while helping to speed up hers.

@Mark Antony
Mind expanding on your experience? 

2 years sounds OD but understandable. I feel this has been my situation these last few months. 
[/quote]

After it was over it was me reaching out to soothe the pain, then getting a cold or no response like I'm an annoyance. So I suck it up, try to move on only to have her hit me up a few months later. I built up hope in my head (my fault) that it is good again, only to have her fade away, cold or no response again, like she didn't reach out. Wash, rinse, repeat for 2 yrs. I did date, but my mind was always on her. So when she'd reconnect it would be like a hit of percocet and I'd get ahead of myself.

After it was over it was me reaching out to soothe the pain, then getting a cold or no response like I'm an annoyance. So I suck it up, try to move on only to have her hit me up a few months later. I built up hope in my head (my fault) that it is good again, only to have her fade away, cold or no response again, like she didn't reach out. Wash, rinse, repeat for 2 yrs. I did date, but my mind was always on her. So when she'd reconnect it would be like a hit of percocet and I'd get ahead of myself.
Damn I was hoping it wasn't similar to my situation but it's dead on

She never hit me with the no response but when we talked hope was built up that we'd work things out. We'd talk about fixing us, she'd warm up (never was the same as the old days), and then days go by and I'd feel a distance as she got colder, eliminate contact, rinse & repeat. Wasn't until last month that I decided to not respond to her texts and calls so I could move on cold turkey. But I felt it was immature to ignore so I hit her up to clear the air. Obviously the person she was a month ago isn't there and now I'm filled with guilt that I went about it the wrong way. 

I'm really just out in these streets to smash cause a connection has been impossible while my mind is on her. I know I'm doing myself a disservice.

Last edited:
You need no contact for you man. Don't worry about her or anyone else. You don't have to ignore, but tell you need this time to heal, she's not helping.

She's definitely a front runner but I'm letting time figure things out.

I'm going with B and C. I could see you being uninterested in B after awhile, idk. C seems pretty cool too tho.

Pics would help, but I understand why B is the front runner. But if C was more attractive then B I might give her the nod despite her being annoying.

Advice Time:
So there's this cute girl in my class.
I always catch her looking and smiling.
She's a transfer student and has only been in the US for like 5 months so her English isn't the best.

How do I go about handling the situation?
It's hard to be flirty if she don't get me (I already talked to her)

Is there any cultural differences I should know about?
I'm Latin and she's Armenian (She's really shy too)

How should I approach the situation?

Last edited:
I'm doing some early pre-cuffin season recruiting, I got something set up for Thursday at a wingspot to see where it goes. Any body got some tried and true methods? Also how are y'all recruiting this year? What are we looking at for this up and promising season?

Advice Time:
So there's this cute girl in my class.
I always catch her looking and smiling.
She's a transfer student and has only been in the US for like 5 months so her English isn't the best.

How do I go about handling the situation?
It's hard to be flirty if she don't get me (I already talked to her)

Is there any cultural differences I should know about?
I'm Latin and she's Armenian (She's really shy too)

How should I approach the situation?
Coffee and studying after class?
I'm doing some early pre-cuffin season recruiting, I got something set up for Thursday at a wingspot to see where it goes. Any body got some tried and true methods? Also how are y'all recruiting this year? What are we looking at for this up and promising season?
if you a 7 and above you can get knocked down. Simple as that

Thinking about "out the blue" texting this shorty I haven't contacted in about a month. Nothing personal, we just fell out of communication after kicking it tough for a couple of weeks. I just feel mad creepish when I hit up females out of nowhere but I definitely need to get her back in the rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom