..:: TEAM AIR FORCE 1 ::.. Official Thread... Vol. 5

M tr4nch, what year are those white/white?? If you don't mind how much you pay? PM me if you answer. I have a size 9.5 from 2001 I selling so I'mcurious. Thanks

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

itm tr4nch----its completely different now. Whats premium and air force w/""extras" on it was just the same quality they used to push out years before. I agree that in 02-03 things changed. But isnt it all GR today? No matter what they say or how they tryt and package it and sell it. Its all very easily attained. The stores dont want the product, the consumer buys it to sell it and floods the message boards and eGay with it. Its an oversaturated market with GRs. In fact i think the true General Releases are produced less than the packages and sets and series and themes and blah blah.
i really dont post much because i get bored and really to be honest just post to pimp my blog so i can sell. Because most people dont like to hear hwat i have to say. Maybe because they are a better "sneakerhead" than me!!!
m tr4nch--good to see you know the truth.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who has the same feelings, sometimes i feel like i'm alone on that one. and for what it's worth, i like reading what you have to say about it all. gives me/others another perspective to see things from. i agree it's an oversaturated market these days, not only with af1's, but with most of nike's retro lineup. they definitely killed one (or more) of their true classics.

case in point, those "savage beasts" are absolutely horrible.
sick.gif
and i thought the "hair force one's" were bad back in the day.

Its good to see that what i write people read and think about it. I dont expect many if any to agree 100% with me at all just as i dont agree with 100% of what a lot is written. Point is we all like to have dialogue that doesnt get nasty and personal, stays relevant to shoes, and hopefully produces a better end result which ultimately we are all after. BETTER SHOES!
To each their own. I have no idea what a savage beast is besides a couple of comrads i know. But let everyone like what they like but i just feel most people cant really justify what they like these days beyond, # made, where its sold, and who says its "heat". which is sad because shoes are so subjective and should be an individual thing. Again thats why i hit on the "sneakerhead" term so hard. It makes it sound like we are all one in the same. Like an army of shoe geeks marching to get the same cookie cutter shoes from the same cookie cutter boutiques. Lets all just be uindividual shoe geeks. I am. Im comfortable with that.

Those HTMS were alwats a great shoe. A bit pricey the second timne around but the first round was most def. worth it.
Lovin the LA 2's.
and what year were those wht/wht uptowns made? 2002? or 2003? After 03 it all went downhill.

[h2]
[/h2]

[h2]
[/h2]

Originally Posted by 2Guard

M tr4nch, what year are those white/white?? If you don't mind how much you pay? PM me if you answer. I have a size 9.5 from 2001 I selling so I'm curious. Thanks
i've sold a few wht/whts from 2002/03 and you'd be surprised what the market is commanding. People who like their forces will pay for awht/wht that still has that clean shape and premium material but in truth it was just the "regs" back then. I think forces peaked in 02. In 03 theygot a bit sketchy. From what i saw in 04 they just went to pure lunacy and then coming back to things this past year i've just been shocked by what nikehas done to such a classic and powerful program that was a staple of theirs for so long.

Originally Posted by m tr4nch

itm tr4nch----its completely different now. Whats premium and air force w/""extras" on it was just the same quality they used to push out years before. I agree that in 02-03 things changed. But isnt it all GR today? No matter what they say or how they tryt and package it and sell it. Its all very easily attained. The stores dont want the product, the consumer buys it to sell it and floods the message boards and eGay with it. Its an oversaturated market with GRs. In fact i think the true General Releases are produced less than the packages and sets and series and themes and blah blah.
i really dont post much because i get bored and really to be honest just post to pimp my blog so i can sell. Because most people dont like to hear hwat i have to say. Maybe because they are a better "sneakerhead" than me!!!
m tr4nch--good to see you know the truth.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who has the same feelings, sometimes i feel like i'm alone on that one. and for what it's worth, i like reading what you have to say about it all. gives me/others another perspective to see things from. i agree it's an oversaturated market these days, not only with af1's, but with most of nike's retro lineup. they definitely killed one (or more) of their true classics.

case in point, those "savage beasts" are absolutely horrible.
sick.gif
and i thought the "hair force one's" were bad back in the day.

Its good to see that what i write people read and think about it. I dont expect many if any to agree 100% with me at all just as i dont agree with 100% of what a lot is written. Point is we all like to have dialogue that doesnt get nasty and personal, stays relevant to shoes, and hopefully produces a better end result which ultimately we are all after. BETTER SHOES!
To each their own. I have no idea what a savage beast is besides a couple of comrads i know. But let everyone like what they like but i just feel most people cant really justify what they like these days beyond, # made, where its sold, and who says its "heat". which is sad because shoes are so subjective and should be an individual thing. Again thats why i hit on the "sneakerhead" term so hard. It makes it sound like we are all one in the same. Like an army of shoe geeks marching to get the same cookie cutter shoes from the same cookie cutter boutiques. Lets all just be uindividual shoe geeks. I am. Im comfortable with that.

Those HTMS were alwats a great shoe. A bit pricey the second timne around but the first round was most def. worth it.
Lovin the LA 2's.
and what year were those wht/wht uptowns made? 2002? or 2003? After 03 it all went downhill.

[h2]
[/h2]

[h2]
[/h2]

Cosign on this subject.

I tried to find someone who I could relay this kind of in info to (and who would actually gave a *%*% about it) when I worked at the swoosh...but no dice
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 2Guard

M tr4nch, what year are those white/white?? If you don't mind how much you pay? PM me if you answer. I have a size 9.5 from 2001 I selling so I'm curious. Thanks
i've sold a few wht/whts from 2002/03 and you'd be surprised what the market is commanding. People who like their forces will pay for a wht/wht that still has that clean shape and premium material but in truth it was just the "regs" back then. I think forces peaked in 02. In 03 they got a bit sketchy. From what i saw in 04 they just went to pure lunacy and then coming back to things this past year i've just been shocked by what nike has done to such a classic and powerful program that was a staple of theirs for so long.
yea i agree..if i get $200 cool..if i get less thats fine also....i remember buying AF1's back then like nothing..
just walking in to a FL,FA and buying forces that are classics or sought after by so called sneakerheads today.
the quality of a white white from 2001 is sooo much better than ppl realize...so i think it can command a $200 price tag..
but either way..it wont hurt my feelings at all if no one buys them..

^^ the "so-called sneakerheads" have pretty much all steered away from AF1's now, dunks took over. the price difference between a white/white2001 AF1 and a white/white pro b is ridiculous. the hunt for quality is dead to most people, shame that it fuels nike to cut costs and put out pleather limitedshoes.

wearing black sheed highs today..

was going to take a pic, but the sun's not out.. maybe another time.

thinking if i should take the straps out of these and put them in the redtoe 3Ms.. hmm..

Hey guys, I was wondering if a black patent leather AF1 high existed. I think they were Rasheed Wallace's shoe, but I can't seem to find a picture oranything. It had black patent leather all around it, with a white swoosh and white midsole.

Nice carnivals. I'm busting my pair out today if it stops raining.

I recall something about tooth whitening gel working on midsoles being said in here....will regular colgate white work? Or should it be specifically awhitening product and not just a whitening toothpaste?

Originally Posted by OGfiend

Nice carnivals. I'm busting my pair out today if it stops raining.

I recall something about tooth whitening gel working on midsoles being said in here....will regular colgate white work? Or should it be specifically a whitening product and not just a whitening toothpaste?
i think that comparing the strength of a whitening gel to a whitening toothpaste, you might not see much result from it. i'd say go with thegel, it's not too big of a price difference and you're more or less guaranteed some results.

those high's are so nice for that price. i need to sell lots before i buy anything else. bottom line
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom