TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

love those ivory snakes...had them in 96..lost them in a move...one day i will find another pair DS...

Originally Posted by 2Guard

love those ivory snakes...had them in 96..lost them in a move...one day i will find another pair DS...
Yeah, one of my favorite pairs. My Olympics are '96 too, and they're shape is perfect as well. Bittersweet memories of them though, as I remember a dude who pulled a gat on me over some neighborhood beef rocking a pair back then.

Great Knicks joints too! Still need a damn pair of those.
Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

agreed. the ivory snakes and obsidian snakes are 2 of the most perfect af1s ever made. 200x better than courirs.
I actually think the courirs are bit overrated - I think I've said that before. The colorway is one of the best CWs ever - so classic - but the shoe isn't all THAT impressive in person. I do have the OG shopping bag though, which is pretty cool.
laugh.gif

Yo I have two pairs of blueprints - one is tagged 2001 and one is tagged 2003... were there 2 releases or something?

Nice 04/05 heat 2Guard.

Copped a pair of beater Cones to prepare myself for when a DS pair shows up. Might put a bit a bit of shoe goo on the bottom of the soles when they come in. Will report back

screenshot20120617at224.png

I seen those. Too big for me tho, nice pickup

I did manage to get me a pair of obsidian/caro blue lows NDS for less than 25 shipped last week

yo so cement print is still available as an id option? does it return every time they return? thnx in advance

Yeah I'm in England, it can be anything from $20-50 for shipping. It's worse over here sending something to the US.

What size were the obsidian carolina's? I think one of the power sellers had a DS pair for $150 a while ago, I wear anything 11-12.

Was rearranging the closet and said %%#$ it... lets take a pic and post
Just a few of my favs from recent years... nothing major

Originally Posted by Stuntman Mike

agreed. the ivory snakes and obsidian snakes are 2 of the most perfect af1s ever made. 200x better than courirs.

embarassed.gif
, I might have to part ways with you there Kev.  I love the early snakes and their shape is AMAZING! ... BUT, the leather and plushness of the Courirs are amazing... not even mentioning that the colorway is almost the simplest and most brilliant of all AF1s.   But that is me with my homerism for Courir AF1s showing through.  That said, I always try to figure my favorite AF1s and all of the above come up in the conversation... I figured that there is no one favorite AF1; I had to have favorites by type and year.

^DWil, don't apologize, those chocolate lows are one of the butteriest AF1s released in the last 10 years. Love that pair.

The shape of courirs  is definitely nothing close to comparable to the snake pairs from 96.  Courirs done a year prior would have been 1000% better.  I agree the colorway is nice though

Can some1 answer my question about the blueprints?  I have two pairs - one tag says production date 01, the other 03 --- %+%?   My cousins pair says 01 also

Originally Posted by MNadel

The shape of courirs  is definitely nothing close to comparable to the snake pairs from 96.  Courirs done a year prior would have been 1000% better.  I agree the colorway is nice though

Can some1 answer my question about the blueprints?  I have two pairs - one tag says production date 01, the other 03 --- %+%?   My cousins pair says 01 also
i'm not sure if there was 2 releases of them, but i'm going to have to assume so- i had 2 different pairs of troopers, one was '01 and one was '03, and if you go back to my sole comparison post, they had different soles. '01's were from the HJ china factory, '03's were from the indonesia factory. it's weird because i know they officially came out in '01, but i never remember hearing/seeing them release in '03... anyone else know anything about this?

i sold my '03 pair to erv / ten2eleven a while back so he can prob confirm it says '03, stupid me didn't take a pic of the tag before i sold them.

im sure i can guess the answer, but has nike gone back to using nice tumbled leather? or is this some mutant pleather material? and are tonal dubret's the new thing?

^^^i have the blue/black pair along with some others and it is not tumbled leather at all its just how it looks, it looks good but it feels like plastic when you wear them they will crease horribly

here are 2 pairs of mines while they were DS
m3tt.jpg

scaled.php

My beater cones came in. Awesome shoe. Gonna do some retrobrite on them and post a before and after.

Mr CoOrdinate - That's a relief, I thought I slept. Well done with the DS pair.

Last edited:
I need to do some retrobrite action too, but I'm so damn lazy to make the mixture and all that. And, I live in an apartment, so I'd have to leave my kicks out on the window sill or the fire escape or something. Seems like a lot of hassle. They should open up a shoe repair store in NYC dedicated to sneakers. I'd happily drop off a few pairs, pay $15 a pair to have the soles treated by somebody who really knows what they are doing, and pick them up a few days later.

And, NK, it's a shame the materials are so poor. That green pair, in good materials and without the black back panel, would be great! 

I would have retrobrited a few things earlier, this summer in England has not seen enough sun to justify it yet. I've got a pair of OG 1's that are first up then some XI's and then the forces.

Personally I think some entrepreneur should get to work on a retrobrite service store, also buy up lots of NDS kicks on the cheap, clean them like those restoremysneakers guys on youtube and sell them in store at a profit. Just selling V's, VI's, and XI's... It would be a more honest game than what goes on in reseller land.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by cocotaso1

im sure i can guess the answer, but has nike gone back to using nice tumbled leather? or is this some mutant pleather material? and are tonal dubret's the new thing?

My man, I'm certain that they are running 'leatherette' on their kicks these days. It is a synthetic material and you'll find it on alot of furniture and car seats - even 'high end' vehicles like Mercedes and BMW use it too.

The give away on those AF1s is the OD tumbled look and the glossy uppers. Leatherette works to a certain extent on furniture and car seats as they are fairly rigid unlike shoes which flex with each step, etc. Unless you can get those for dirt cheap - stay away.

Back
Top Bottom