TEAM AIR FORCE 1 VOL. 6 AKA STOP PM'ING US

Yeah.

Honestly, I don't even think they are that dreadful on their own But, it's not an AF1.

I understand that the AF1 isn't as strong as it once was, but it still moves a lot of units and has a presence. It's weird to me that Nike is so willing to lend the credibility of their premier products to subpar products within the brand. Often times in business, it seems that the concern is in the other direction - do not dilute your brand (and certain Nike models are established enough that they are essentially their own sub brands) by associating with garbage. General belief seems to be that such actions increase short term success, while killing the brand long term (look what happened to Coogi when Phat Farm bought it). But, Nike seems very willing to do it. To me, that tells me that they don't think too highly of their customers (I don't blame them, I don't think too highly of most of these dweebs either). They feel like they can drag their legacy through the mud without risk, and that their base will either bite at the bait, or simply not hold it against the brand. If Nike felt their customers were highly educated and discriminating, they wouldn't do this. ...Ralph Lauren pimped the Bear out this year - the bring-it-back sweater was fine, but then he threw it on a million cheap standard polos in place of standard small horsey. I wasn't feeling that, but it hadn't been done for a while. We'll see if that trend continues.

I've said this a million times before, but customers/hobbyists/self-proclaimed "collectors" get the state of affairs they deserve. Nike runs their signature models through the mud with hybrids because they know that their base doesn't have the willpower, discipline, and commitment to standards to hold them accountable, hold on to their money or spend it elsewhere, or make it hurt.

Essentially, this is the devil that comes with the mainstreaming of your hobby. A lot of us in this thread actually do hold the values I reference above, but our voices don't matter because we are such a small minority.
ayyyyyy bips still postin essays!!!!! 

Havent been in this place in like 2 years.. things change but things REALLY DO STAY THE SAME!!   
roll.gif

Bip,

What are those navy mid jewels with the fading swoosh? Sick.

Doodadee.....wow. Just wow.

My bad for the delayed reply. They are samples.

Here are more pics, including the tagging a SKU, etc. (Not my pics, but my pair might be the exact pair in this post - small world)

http://snidehead.blogspot.com/2013/09/sample-nike-air-force-i-mid-sc-jewel.html

ayyyyyy bips still postin essays!!!!! 

Havent been in this place in like 2 years.. things change but things REALLY DO STAY THE SAME!!   :rofl:

Relax now, you don't want to get me riled up. :tongue:

for anyone interested in some '03 black canyon gold hi's there is a seller on ebay with 8, 8.5, 10, 11.5, 13 DS for $150.. there was also a 9.5, 10.5 but they have sold already, that fast.. i added the 10.5 the same day they were listed to my watch list and the next day they were sold for $110.. there was no best offer option,  i was so tight i didnt message an offer
mean.gif
..  $110 is really good deal imo, and 5 left to be had.. pm for the link if interested or if you cant find em..

Last edited:
Bip,

I was unfamiliar with that website you linked me to. I am blown away - there are some really, really obscure and awesome sneakers on there. Also surprised (but maybe not really considering what type of stuff they post) to see my own eBay auction pics on there.

Bip,

I was unfamiliar with that website you linked me to. I am blown away - there are some really, really obscure and awesome sneakers on there. Also surprised (but maybe not really considering what type of stuff they post) to see my own eBay auction pics on there.

Ruff -the funny thing is I'm not familiar with it either. I just googled the style number on the sample sticker because I was lazy and didn't want to take more pics in the hopes that something would come up. What came up was that site, but that site sourced the pic back to a post in here, which I made, which was stolen from the AF1 blog (I think that was G Raider's site - or somebody from this thread). Funny thing is,I think my pair is the exact on in the pics.

That site probably has pics of mine as well, I didn't really dig through it.

snidehead is my website. it's kind of archive of the shoes I saw but I didn't heard about. I used pics from af-ones.blogspot.com. I always added source. I also published there my latest pick ups

snidehead is my website. it's kind of archive of the shoes I saw but I didn't heard about. I used pics from af-ones.blogspot.com. I always added source. I also published there my latest pick ups

That's okay. I don't think anyone was upset about your use of the pics - and, you always noted their source, which is appreciated.

The bottom line is, this is the internet and pics will be re-used/stolen. You can't prevent that - if you care about that, either don't post your pics, or at least watermark them.

I don't post anything that I'd be upset if it found its way wherever.

Last edited:
my business partner went to a client's house to purchase some retros and ended up finding out he had a garage full of DS forces. went on later that day and copped these 4 for $50 a pop. going back soon :pimp:

Everytime I see posts like that I just wonder WHAT IF? I'm pretty sure that any mom and pop shop that had anything worth digging through in the back in my town lost everything 9 years ago when the city went to hell after the storm. At best I'd get a crack at terrible stuff from 06 on. Case in point the oldest locally run shop which sits in building that was an old school department store from the early 1900s through 198x broke out the AF1 25th Anniversary Gold Pack for their window display. Had the shop not taken water in 05 who knows what kind of awesome they'd be able to pull out of the back.

if there are pairs from before 2000 i'd be super curious. and super salty.

Ditto.

Everytime I see posts like that I just wonder WHAT IF? I'm pretty sure that any mom and pop shop that had anything worth digging through in the back in my town lost everything 9 years ago when the city went to hell after the storm. At best I'd get a crack at terrible stuff from 06 on. Case in point the oldest locally run shop which sits in building that was an old school department store from the early 1900s through 198x broke out the AF1 25th Anniversary Gold Pack for their window display. Had the shop not taken water in 05 who knows what kind of awesome they'd be able to pull out of the back.

Yeah. That sucks. Around my way in Queens, pretty much every place with potential for that kind of stuff was picked through and most of the mom and pops are closed down. My buddy who owns a consignment store has a couple of spots in Philly that still are live for this kind of stuff... but he says you have to speak to these people in Korean and build relationships before they will even let you check out the basements. I believe him because I was able to get into a few basements of local mom and pops in the early/mid 2000s and it took a whole lot of convincing.

The thing about digging that also breaks your heart is that most of the time the best and most stuff you find is kids sized.

What's your IG bip?

IG is digglahhh

Need to scoop you a DSLR bip.

Ha. I actually have a really nice Nikon - I need a new battery for it though. But, it's so much easier with the phone.

I document stuff for my fellow heads who appreciate the same things I do, but overall my pics are about historical value more than aesthetic value.

I don't have time for doing glamour shots or photo shoots with my kicks and stuff. 98% of the people who do that kind of stuff are actually out to either exploit the culture or to draw attention to themselves.

Dope mids

Got my sneaker nerd on today.
Was embarrassed af. I took the pics as fast as possible :lol:

G/l to akademicgenius for the oop on the flax :nthat:]

I know what you mean! I'm not trying to be identified as a doing "sneakerhead" things in public either.

Nice set though, my dude.

Back
Top Bottom