TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by neukicks

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

What was the retail price of the parras?

$110
wow 800 to 900% profit
eek.gif

Kal...haha. Maybe you can work a trade with him, maybe he can add $$ to even it out
tongue.gif

Brian...400 is too much for those. I was thinking 200 give or take would be fair, and that's only because they're original and wearable...

Originally Posted by eastlasmokeshop

Originally Posted by gswarriorz

What was the retail price of the parras?

$110
wow 800 to 900% profit
eek.gif
Understandable from a reseller point of view...its what they do. But for people who actually want the shoes, whether it be for collecting or wearing, it just sucks.

if people didn't buy them at those prices then resellers wouldn't do it.
what I don't get is why someone would drop that kind of $ when you could probably get 2 nice pairs of pre '05 maxes for a similar price.
at the end of the day they are still just shoes (word to Corgi)

Originally Posted by jibbycanoe

what I don't get is why someone would drop that kind of $ when you could probably get 2 nice pairs of pre '05 maxes for a similar price.

QFTMT Bravo sir bravo
pimp.gif

no kidding.  the people forking over that money are to blame. although, that doesn't make the greedy reseller innocent by any means.

and shoot, I could do some major damage with $900.  I think I could probably land 4 to 5 pairs of kicks (maybe more the way I shop, TCA ftw!
laugh.gif
) that I desire far more than those parras.

^ that's what I'm saying Brian. now seems like a good time to snipe some older releases while the hypers are drooling over these. I need to add some older 87s to my collection, but only TCA style for me right now

Originally Posted by denverairforce

no kidding.  the people forking over that money are to blame. although, that doesn't make the greedy reseller innocent by any means.

and shoot, I could do some major damage with $900.  I think I could probably land 4 to 5 pairs of kicks (maybe more the way I shop, TCA ftw!
laugh.gif
) that I desire far more than those parras.
truth. blame the people that buy them at that ridic price. and nike for limiting the release.
smh.gif
at nike and resellers.  i fell for those that actually want em and will wear em, its a shame.

sellers of 220573739466 and 250598882336 got like 8 pairs between em... what the heck...

well it is a nice day here in the northeast today. the drurys made an appearance....
24wesmo.jpg

^ I'd rather have those. Drurys are such a classic shoe. looks like the laces could use a quick wash though

rockin these today...

Be on the lookout for the link to my ustream mix later. I'll prob start mixing around 9pm EST. I'm off tomorrow and Friday to watch the NCAA Tourney so I might mix for a good while. Swing through and say what up!

Dave.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

eyes.gif
we should try to get as many people as possible to send this guy offers at retail over and over again.  that would be funny. 
roll.gif

just did for the f of it

damn resellers prices 
grin.gif

Nice Safari's 
pimp.gif
 I think you've been wanting those for a while now. Congratulation!

Drury's  - good break from all this Parra talk

Dave - I'll try to catch that Friday Mix.  

Sadly I skipped on my pair. My Iphone got stolen a week before...ugh
Goes to show you that not everyone is thinking of reselling...

I stopped through Mercer today.. it was pretty crazy. Saw Justin go in when I was leaving.. didn't get to meet any of the fam, unfortunately.
I hope a few AM FAM'ers got a pair.
B

Happy St. Patty's Day to all the Irish Fam as well as the alcoholics like myself
laugh.gif

hope u all be safe out there and drink responsibly....if u can
tongue.gif

so yea the mercer situation was very bleek from the jumpoff last night. i was told mercer did not allow campouts because of their neighbors filing complaints....but somehow at least 15 people managed to stay out in front of mercer from 7pm last night....and they close at 8pm so i'm sure they saw them
ohwell.gif

....anyway, by the time i got there....it was a mess. my boy parked his car knowing he'd get a ticket (and he did) but there was no sense in even trying to find parking at that point. i'm sure u all read about the campers vs. everyone else that came after 10. at one point there was two lines outside with the campers on one side and everyone else on the other side....that failed quick
laugh.gif

then they announce the raffle n i sort of understand why they did the raffle, i was even warned about the raffle from early in the AM. so i already had a plan in place to increase the odds....but the "write random numbers on post-its" method they executed the whole thing with was well deserving of this --->
indifferent.gif

so they start the raffle and the sad/funny thing is that some numbers were called twice....shiiii, when my number was called i was all happy until i see another dude gleaming cause he had the same number too...
tired.gif
what the _uck? main dude even admitted to writing numbers twice
smh.gif

they let me in....asked for a 12 and i get it. the dude behind asked for a 12...so i'm like..

....and the worker says i got the last one...again...the _uck? wasn't there 19 
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

paid n went back outside to keep on the job. the numbers being called were just
smh.gif
.....the 18 and 81 debate was kinda funny
grin.gif

pic of raffle in progress:

overall the amount i heard from a few people that kept tabs was 37-47 pairs sold. i'm gonna just round up to 50 for good measure. i know a few people walked out that store with doubles
indifferent.gif

i was at least lucky to score one tho....thanks to all u guys for the help on everything. all the texts, pm's, emails, smoke signals, etc over the last few....it wasn't for nothing.

while i was in there i scored the htm2 run boot as well, need to find a 12 since it's a 13.....fricking slept hard on 'em! that shoe is hottttttt
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Bee - thanks again...sorry i missed ya, hope those joints come out sick
wink.gif

Originally Posted by s dubl

Kal....I don't think Justin will be to happy with your most recent pick up haha.
laugh.gif
....Gold 97's!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
....can't wait for august!
glasses.gif

Dave - dope obsidians, will be checkin in later...drunk as +%$$ probably.

some more picture contributions

wore...(switching to spring greens to go drink right now)

they're dope and the suede is nice but considering the current mesh situation and the known quality issues with midsoles.....i wouldn't pay $1000 for this shoe. these definitely don't have that Patta build.

Well deserved Justin. Glad you got a pair

*edit - looking back at that raffle pic makes me want to punch that dude in the blue jacket right in the face. sorry if its fam
roll.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom