TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ yea i ordered both brushes, and the towels or whatever. enjoy those grails buddy
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

^^^If anyone is interested in a pair of these:

Size 11.5: 270425625174

Holla.
Cleveland222... thanks for the plug! That's my auction, haha.

That's hillarious! Best of luck with it. One of my favorite CW's of my favorite shoe. If I didn't have two pairs already they'd be mine.
i have zero pairs, easily my favorite colorway of any shoe (oly) and one of my favorite models. i'll be watching.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by neukicks

^^ yea i ordered both brushes, and the towels or whatever. enjoy those grails buddy
wink.gif

..............Nice, will do James, thanks for the "extra help".

Cris.

crisone wrote:

^ I just looked at my Red pair as I was looking at your post, my right shoe is like that...............

James....if there's a comment area on JM's site, tell'm "Cris1" sent you, haha.

Cris.

Yeah, my right shoe on both pairs is like that too. I figure the less material used on these 09's is due to inflation. 92 dollars in 2009 is alot lessthan 2005, and alot less in the early 2000's. So they either use less material and charge 92, or use the max material for this shoe and charge 112. WhichIm sure most people wouldnt mind paying seeing thats what most were paying anyways.
happy.gif

And I am stoked for the ST's. I cant wait for the white colorway to hit the states.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by El Bro

Yeah, my right shoe on both pairs is like that too. I figure the less material used on these 09's is due to inflation. 92 dollars in 2009 is alot less than 2005, and alot less in the early 2000's. So they either use less material and charge 92, or use the max material for this shoe and charge 112. Which Im sure most people wouldnt mind paying seeing thats what most were paying anyways.
happy.gif

And I am stoked for the ST's. I cant wait for the white colorway to hit the states.
smile.gif
You pretty much nailed it. If they used the same quality materials, the cost would be much higher.

So to keep the 2009 cost of the shoe about the same as its original, use cheaper materials.

Nike's only concerned if the shoe looks like the original.

^ Also what I've noticed with my past 2 "Nike Sportswear" purchases, not a biggie, but the print on the insole weather it be a "NIKEAIR" or Presto "XS, S, etc", the print comes off way easier than older releases, just what I noticed pretty much yesterday after wearing my87's, maybe a "cheaper" ink used.......

Cris.

Yeah that's been happening a lot too.

I think one of us (n1ke draw3r?) has those grey stabs where the Nike Air logo on the insole completely disintegrated after just one wear.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Yeah that's been happening a lot too.

I think one of us (n1ke draw3r?) has those grey stabs where the Nike Air logo on the insole completely disintegrated after just one wear.

If you guys really want to preserve the Nike print on the insole..... ask Justin about his technique? At 1st I was
eyes.gif
, then
roll.gif

I did put scotch tape on the logos but the tape gradually became less adhesive over time...then I was like "screw this" and took the tape off.
laugh.gif

I did put scotch tape on the logos but the tape gradually became less adhesive over time...then I was like "screw this" and took the tape off.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Mayhem uses clear packing tape....I got my neon 95'sfrom him and he used this so called preserving method on the insole. Had me rollin'...

Originally Posted by tak

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Mayhem uses clear packing tape....I got my neon 95's from him and he used this so called preserving method on the insole. Had me rollin'...
he put me on to that a while back.....
laugh.gif
it really does workthough
embarassed.gif

lol clear packing tape

Someone give Mayhem the MVP award for outstanding ebay searching, photoshopping (LOL), and insole logo preservation

Fast track to first-ballot hall of fame status

I never thought of using clear packing tape...too bad the only tape I have around me is the one of the opaque brown variety

Someone give Mayhem the MVP award for outstanding ebay searching, photoshopping (LOL), and insole logo preservation
OK, since Justin thinks I'm always the guy creating cheap laughs......This is for you Mayhem
happy.gif

On this special day, you are hereby recognized for your outstanding contributions.It is my great honor to present this special award to you!

Your Boyee, Mike TAK
roll.gif

^ Haha...nice, I was going to say to use Packing tape as well, cuz I have a doo-doo load of them here at work.

Cris.

Mike...you shoulda saved the award for page 1000
eek.gif

lmao at tape over the insole logo...what happens if you ever take off the tape? does the logo peel off with it?

Originally Posted by illphillip

Walked in. Copped. Walked out.
No lines. No hype. No Ebay.
Old school sneaker shopping *$#%%!
THIS is the way it's supposed to be!!

Brian/Mike -
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the "MVP" award.....y'all are toooo much!!.....
embarassed.gif
...should i give a speech?
tongue.gif

Cris - same here....figured i'd give it a try! shiiiii i even took some small bubble wrap for stuffing when nonewspapers or misc paper is available haha

if the tape is pretty strong, there's good chances that it will take the imprint off.....i've also used painter's tape to prevent that.
nerd.gif

...off to go make a pickup....pics soon...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by brickSB

FAM!

trying to remind myself that I don't need the blue QS's...
3725310202_09217d3505_o.jpg

I'm thinking along the same lines. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have the SKU or official colourway for them? They're no longer on theshelves of my local JD's, and i want to see if they can track down a pair for me.

^^ditto... those lights look super clean... info on those would be appreciated.
i'm def growing to become a fan of lights after the first pair i got a couple weeks back.

Originally Posted by UKBased

Originally Posted by brickSB

FAM!

trying to remind myself that I don't need the blue QS's...
3725310202_09217d3505_o.jpg

I'm thinking along the same lines. Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have the SKU or official colourway for them? They're no longer on the shelves of my local JD's, and i want to see if they can track down a pair for me.
315827-144 White/ Varsity Blue- neutral Gry/Blk?

BIGRED, they're one of the many JD exclusive colourways that have been dropping over the past couple of years. Released towards the back end of last year.

Originally Posted by UKBased

BIGRED, they're one of the many JD exclusive colourways that have been dropping over the past couple of years. Released towards the back end of last year.
thanks. i knew that much, i guess i meant to say info along the lines of a sku/cw number would be appreciated.
thanks tak

[edit]
for today

^ Nice Los.......

Small and Medium TAF tees left people, help me deplete them, haha, twentydollarsshippedusd.

Cris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom