TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup FAM!

Aaron -
smokin.gif

Chris - clean *** pics man, i think i'm gonna need some navigation 90's now.
UFB -
smokin.gif

V - thanks for the info on the lights.

getting cold already...last nights switch...

today...

Go Giants!!!

Whats good fam, I got a question here for you customizers or guys that dabbled with paintin shoes. Whats the best way to paint the midsole on the am90's,the heals are chipping and some of the paints wearing off. So I wanted to re-paint them with white.
http://www.sneakerfreaker...D-CUSTOM-SNEAKERS-GUIDE/
i read this all the way through, basically acetone with cotton balls to take of the paint, and then just acrylic paint to re-paint the bottoms, and just maskinout the area where im painting.
if any of you guys that do customs got any tips feel free to throw em my way

Originally Posted by ClipsofDoom

Whats good fam, I got a question here for you customizers or guys that dabbled with paintin shoes. Whats the best way to paint the midsole on the am90's, the heals are chipping and some of the paints wearing off. So I wanted to re-paint them with white.
i read this all the way through, basically acetone with cotton balls to take of the paint, and then just acrylic paint to re-paint the bottoms, and just maskin out the area where im painting.
^I've been messing with this lately and what I've found is, don't strip it. you'll have a harder time getting a whole new paintto stick any better than the original paint. I've been painting right over top of yellowed and cracked foam/air max type midsoles and it has been workinggreat. I'm using createx opaque air brush paint. my AM90 i.d.'s were cracking, and the cracks were black and very obvious and noticeable, andhere's how they look after a coat of createx (sorry, didn't take before pics):

091159ec41cbabadd32f3221626fb118aaf13c5.jpg

a62152e34ecba6af0102e8636343f4cc8884dbe.jpg

i've done this with a few other pairs of kicks as well and I've worn most of them with little to no fading or cracking. but even if/when they do crackagain, just do another coat.
smile.gif

oh, and, I don't mask. I found that the glue from the masking tape can leave residue on delicate fabrics like suede and nubuck and eventually will collectdirt/dust that is tough to clean. just use a fine brush and a steady hand near the edges.

good luck.

They turned out great Denver. Might have to get you to send me some of that one day.

Are there other colours of it, that would fix Persians for instance?

Justin - Those 95s are too dope!

For me over the weekend... again. Shipping stuff overseas really is a ballache.

3938524657_963a050b6f.jpg

Was for a special occasion though: proposed to my girlfriend with a view of Manhattan. Smooth %$@
laugh.gif

3938639771_95157e6387.jpg

Laters Fam.

modz - it's pretty easy to find, check your local crafts store (i assume they have those where you're at), I know they have other colors. you mighthave to mix to get what you want, though.

Good on ya Dan well done!

Anyone wants a large hold tight windrunner and can pay me in the next 4hours pm me.

Today.

Clips- I have not used a matte sealer with this method as the matte sealers I've used still leave more of a sheen behind than the createx paint doesinitially, and the more sheen, the less they look like the original paint. looking at yours, I would probably clean as much dirt off as possible, maybe usesome very fine grit sand paper and very lightly sand off any extra rough parts where the paint has peeled, and then just do a few coats of white, very thin,very carefully, until they look solid white again. if you're happy with the way they come out, wear them around after they've had a full day or so todry, and you should be able to tell if they need any more work. good luck!

^just to make sure, you're applying airbrush paint with regular, bristle paintbrushes?

thanks, I need to do some touching up myself...thanks for the advice man!

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by ClipsofDoom

Whats good fam, I got a question here for you customizers or guys that dabbled with paintin shoes. Whats the best way to paint the midsole on the am90's, the heals are chipping and some of the paints wearing off. So I wanted to re-paint them with white.
i read this all the way through, basically acetone with cotton balls to take of the paint, and then just acrylic paint to re-paint the bottoms, and just maskin out the area where im painting.
^I've been messing with this lately and what I've found is, don't strip it. you'll have a harder time getting a whole new paint to stick any better than the original paint. I've been painting right over top of yellowed and cracked foam/air max type midsoles and it has been working great. I'm using createx opaque air brush paint. my AM90 i.d.'s were cracking, and the cracks were black and very obvious and noticeable, and here's how they look after a coat of createx (sorry, didn't take before pics):

oh, and, I don't mask. I found that the glue from the masking tape can leave residue on delicate fabrics like suede and nubuck and eventually will collect dirt/dust that is tough to clean. just use a fine brush and a steady hand near the edges.

good luck.
Nice work denver
pimp.gif
. And I've had the same luck withtrying to strip the old paint, more frustrating than anything. I use Angelus paints, but they do tend to leave a bit of a sheen. I'm getting some dullerto mix in for next time, we'll see how it goes. I just use a small artist brush with a rounded tip, seems to work well for coverage and getting in cornerstoo.

Dan - Smooth
smokin.gif
. Congrats and nice 1s.

Modz - Sweet 90s
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GetYaShinebox

^just to make sure, you're applying airbrush paint with regular, bristle paintbrushes?

thanks, I need to do some touching up myself...thanks for the advice man!
same question i had....

you didn't actually have to use an air brush, right? thanks in advance!

and congrats, danloveuk!

by the way, that's an awesome shot of midtown!

some very iconic buildings in that pic (and not just the 2 obvious ones)....

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

by the way, that's an awesome shot of midtown!

some very iconic buildings in that pic (and not just the 2 obvious ones)....
word.....seeing that certain area of madhattan always brings back memories. i used to stomp around that whole area....waterside, rivergate, tudorcity, stuyvesant town, etc...the whole midtown area has changed so much too.

$81 from ebay...

Mayhem- Those got to you fast. I thought you bought a new camera? It looks like you took that picture with your iphone and pointed a flashlight to brightenthings up
laugh.gif

If all goes according to plan......these will be mine next week. Stay tuned
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by tak

Mayhem- Those got to you fast. I thought you bought a new camera? It looks like you took that picture with your iphone and pointed a flashlight to brighten things up
laugh.gif

glasses.gif
~! HAHAHHA just made the $$$ i lost to you in today's game seem ok...hahahhahahh
roll.gif

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by tak

Mayhem- Those got to you fast. I thought you bought a new camera? It looks like you took that picture with your iphone and pointed a flashlight to brighten things up
laugh.gif

glasses.gif
~! HAHAHHA just made the $$$ i lost to you in today's game seem ok...hahahhahahh
roll.gif
Mayhem- you ever get picked on
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by tak

laugh.gif

glasses.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

....funny guys huh?! i'm still waiting V.....
nerd.gif
....Giants won.....

...and that's a pic from the auction
wink.gif

goodluck on those DW's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom