TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by crisone

Again, for today:

Cris.

Must be nice...
pimp.gif

hey guys, yeah, not using an airbrush, just air brush paint and a small, fine paint brush. glad i could offer some help, hope it works for those who try itout!

Won...glad to see you're OK.

Dan...congrats.

Justin...nice pick up.

Mike...I'll get at you this week about that.

Dope stuff Fam! No pics for now...still no computer...
mad.gif

Killin it with those Amsterdams Cris...

For any track fans out there... An AM tribute to Tyson Gay's 9.69 American record....
pimp.gif

c8d36b081e2f7b5fa407bd9b315a78cf0c64041b.jpg

Originally Posted by s dubl

Won...glad to see you're OK.

Dan...congrats.

Justin...nice pick up.

Mike...I'll get at you this week about that.

Dope stuff Fam! No pics for now...still no computer...
mad.gif
Modz- thanks

SDUBL- its all good FAM
wink.gif

larrivvee - wanted to address one thing real quick: you mentioned you use angelus on midsoles. I always thought angelus was formulated for painting leather, soI never bothered trying it on midsoles. plus, it is very glossy and you do need duller to make it look "normal". what I like about the createx opaqueis that it has a very nice, smooth, dull finish, and, since it's for airbrushing, the viscosity of the paint is pretty thin and it goes on smooth withminimal brush strokes when painting in thin layers.

Took this from the other site (since they've released on NDC)

Originally Posted by sarge78

Fresh from NDC. These are the first new Chinese made AM1s I've seen and.... WOW!!! The quality is just soooooo bad it's fekin hilarious! :tongue: Honestly, there's so much wrong with this shoe I could spend all day listing the bad points! Anyway, here's a few pics.
020jpk.jpg
That's a gum sole?
laugh.gif
: and the some of hardest, cheapest fake suede I've ever seen.
024ct.jpg
Most of the lining isn't even attached to the shoe :tongue:
025sv.jpg
Steel toecaps? Toebox compared to the much maligned light retro (they're the same size!
laugh.gif
:smile:
p1010156ny.jpg

Originally Posted by nwt

Took this from the other site (since they've released on NDC)

Originally Posted by sarge78

Fresh from NDC. These are the first new Chinese made AM1s I've seen and.... WOW!!! The quality is just soooooo bad it's fekin hilarious! :tongue: Honestly, there's so much wrong with this shoe I could spend all day listing the bad points! Anyway, here's a few pics.
020jpk.jpg
That's a gum sole?
laugh.gif
and the some of hardest, cheapest fake suede I've ever seen.
024ct.jpg
Most of the lining isn't even attached to the shoe :tongue:
025sv.jpg
Steel toecaps? Toebox compared to the much maligned light retro (they're the same size!
laugh.gif
)
p1010156ny.jpg
Thanks for the info....SMH
ohwell.gif

they don't look that bad, plus the mesh looks great. at least the toe box is actually round, there's no right angles there like on the QS joints, haha.it's too bad they didn't do a real gum sole. that's basically just a tan/peanut butter rubber, it's not translucent at all like a gum soleshould be. but overall, they look good to me. I just hope they were over-produced so they hit the 'lets for $35 or so...

Originally Posted by denverairforce

larrivvee - wanted to address one thing real quick: you mentioned you use angelus on midsoles. I always thought angelus was formulated for painting leather, so I never bothered trying it on midsoles. plus, it is very glossy and you do need duller to make it look "normal". what I like about the createx opaque is that it has a very nice, smooth, dull finish, and, since it's for airbrushing, the viscosity of the paint is pretty thin and it goes on smooth with minimal brush strokes when painting in thin layers.

Yes, it's designed for use on leather. But, in my experience it works well on midsoles because it's very flexible and resists cracking. I'vedone midsoles on a few pairs and have worn them numerous times and have yet to see any cracking. Some people have complained about brush strokes showing withAngelus, but most that I've heard from are using the stiff brush that comes attached to the lid of the paint jar. Using a good brush, I've never hadan issue and it has turned out smooth. The only drawback to Angelus I've observed is the sheen (as you mentioned). I'll definitely give createx ashot as well, especially if it can be found at craft stores and I can avoid ordering
nerd.gif

UFB - nice STs.

Cris - glad to see you wearing those. they look very nice
mayhem - nice pickup on the iDs
tak - hope you pick those DWs up!
these today for me thanks to BIGRED...

Originally Posted by larrivee7

larrivvee - wanted to address one thing real quick: you mentioned you use angelus on midsoles. I always thought angelus was formulated for painting leather, so I never bothered trying it on midsoles. plus, it is very glossy and you do need duller to make it look "normal". what I like about the createx opaque is that it has a very nice, smooth, dull finish, and, since it's for airbrushing, the viscosity of the paint is pretty thin and it goes on smooth with minimal brush strokes when painting in thin layers.

Yes, it's designed for use on leather. But, in my experience it works well on midsoles because it's very flexible and resists cracking. I've done midsoles on a few pairs and have worn them numerous times and have yet to see any cracking. Some people have complained about brush strokes showing with Angelus, but most that I've heard from are using the stiff brush that comes attached to the lid of the paint jar. Using a good brush, I've never had an issue and it has turned out smooth. The only drawback to Angelus I've observed is the sheen (as you mentioned). I'll definitely give createx a shot as well, especially if it can be found at craft stores and I can avoid ordering
nerd.gif

UFB - nice STs.
mix your angelus with a few drops of duller and you'll be a-ok!

larrivvee - yeah that's the main thing I guess, the Createx is available at Michael's for a couple bucks so I guess it's just easier. but yeahAngelus is not bad paint at all, plus it seems like they have colors that cater to the whole nike/jordan thing... I should probably grab some duller just tohave on hand since I have 5 or 6 bottles of Angelus sitting around.

larrivvee - yeah that's the main thing I guess, the Createx is available at Michael's for a couple bucks so I guess it's just easier. but yeah Angelus is not bad paint at all, plus it seems like they have colors that cater to the whole nike/jordan thing... I should probably grab some duller just to have on hand since I have 5 or 6 bottles of Angelus sitting around.
yeah usually i just add a drop to my finger tips, and rib it into the cracks, therefore making it a thinner layer when applied...

Originally Posted by daaznfella

Originally Posted by PiNoypi

Hey Team AmFam, just got a question. Was wondering when and if the Tecmo Bo AM Lights are releasing in the US? They're the white/royal pair.
I read that daaznfella found em in Canada, but if you've seen in the states your help will be appreciated.

Also been searching for the Maxims, the royal pair. If youve seen either pair and can lmk, thank you.
i'm starting to think that they won't drop in the US, simply because the US is not getting much love with the lights....so you'd have to go int'l with them or to our neighbors up north.....

yea noticed that too, AM Lights barely come out in the states. Thnx. Might just hit up ebay

For painting the midsoles, yes don't strip the paint off! You want to do this for leather not midsoles. I stripped the paint on the grey prem. am90s topaint it orange and it looked like crap! It took me hella coats just to cover it up.

Now thats a clean pic of LB90's Partna'
wink.gif
Why dont you hop ona Train (
laugh.gif
) and head to NSW and see if they have those 1's..

Those Carson up there!
pimp.gif

Lasers
pimp.gif

Quality on the QS was bad enough, i have the same problem with the swoosh not being sewn on in the correct position, toeboxes are all over the place so have one shoe from one pair and the closest i could find from another, the mudguard under the swoosh is 5 mm from the midsoleon one shoe and 3 milk on the other. Besides that they're ok. Still good looking.

Popped into Footlocker a day or two ago, they had some new Lights there, they have a few exclusive CWs over here now atFL. But these were so bad you'd guess they were fakes. The heal section of the upper was sewn on almost 45 degrees diagonally instead of vertically, lookedlike someone was drunk when they made them. And that was the display model. Not good.

Adidas ZX today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom