TEAM AM FAM aka AIR MAX FAMILY THREAD (New Application Process)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by denverairforce

on another note, just snagged a lil' somethin' off the 'bay, will post pics when they arrive.

hope it isn't anything i was looking at
nerd.gif

not sure but I bet we've been watching a lot of the same stuff, haha. this actually brings up a thought...

what if we fam of the same size (in this case, 11-11.5 which would include neukicks, danloveuk, Cleveland222, who else?) set up a friend list or whatever inyuku with each other so that if there's something one of us really wants in an auction, we can hit the other fam and ask for them to lay off? I mean, Ifigure if we're just going at it blind, we might be going into bidding wars with each other, which doesn't help anyone but the seller (sorry to anysellers out there). it could potentially lower the end price of the auction too. I don't know, just a thought.

^^^not a bad idea......*cough cough* size 12'ers....*cough*
nerd.gif

don't forget me in that 11.5 category(unless it's AM97's
sick.gif
),muhahahahaha
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

nerd.gif

sick.gif
), muhahahahaha
tongue.gif
Hey...I just passed a bargain your way ( In hopes for a player price along the way) , you know the pair from the Bay Area? LOL

Originally Posted by Cleveland222

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Originally Posted by BubbaEla1

Gotta agree. I'm diggin the shoe regardless.......and really wishin they weren't a tier 0 release so I wouldn't have to work so hard for em.

Cris- please share any info you come across on the release. I gotta get em.......somehow.

Clean lookin shoe, lovin the materials, and forfoot swoosh.....though it could have been better white.

How's things Corgi? Good I hope. Been keepin my eye on your blog. I'm sure we'll be talkin again shortly.

-Andrew-
cleveland22< you act like tier zero is exclusive these days. These things are a dime a dzen,. Especially with everyone reselling them> BE patient you"ll get one for retail plus shipping. Thanks for checkin the blog. Im trying to get more active in it again. Its been a year almost and i have oput up 25% of my stuff. Grab a bootleg gel insert they try to sell you at mall stores , its gonna be a while.

Tier zero releases are about the only thing I can't guarantee picking up @ retail, and with an over-hyped Parra colab.......who knows what they'll be going for after the fact. If I had connects like you Corgi I sure wouldn't be sweatin much of anything.
wink.gif
There will, of course, be plenty of them being flipped / for sale. Time will tell how much they'll go for. Hope you're right, and they're available for retail after the fact. If you come across an 11.5 or 12 you know who wouldn't mind a pair.

Only 25% listed so far, huh? That's a hell of an undertaking. Best of luck with it. Looking forward to you unearthing some more Bursts!

-Andrew-
theres no tier zero accounts in cleveland? Its not hard to establish a rapor with these shoe spots. The key is most will be bought to resell. After the first initial wave of sucker buyers then you can grab a pair for a nice price. Or just email a tier zero account store/phone and ask them to sell you a pair. Its really not that hard. Yes, there is a lot more to come.

There are definately no Tier Zero accounts in Cleveland! Hell, we're lucky to have a few QS accounts. I've got great rapor with our local SB accounts, Footlockers, QS Accounts, etc.
We know eachother all too well.
laugh.gif

If I'm correct, there are only around 18 or 20 Tier 0 accounts in the world.

Great to hear these are only QS's though. Interested to see what the purple version looks like, but more stoked knowing the green pairs will be easily attainable.
from what i casually see and and emailed weekly what the tier zero stuff gets is indeed exclusive to tier zero but most of it no one really wants.Tir zero accounts are bombarded with crap. Trust me i get the emails each week, whether it be domestic or international. If theres only 250 pairs worldwide butits garbage then its just gonna be to your advantage because the resellers will get anxious, get stuck, and then just try to get their money back for nextweeks ultra limited tier zero release. tier zero accounts have their advantages such as name recognition and prestige and elite product but a lot of thatproduct doesnt sell and the price tag often is hefty for the msrp and then they bump it up a bit just because they are used to the tier o mentality of bumpingproduct up above msrp because you cant get it elsewhere. But those days are gone, quality product is gone, and ebay and resellers and message boards have giveneveryone a shot at any shoe.

not sure but I bet we've been watching a lot of the same stuff, haha. this actually brings up a thought...

what if we fam of the same size (in this case, 11-11.5 which would include neukicks, danloveuk, Cleveland222, who else?) set up a friend list or whatever in yuku with each other so that if there's something one of us really wants in an auction, we can hit the other fam and ask for them to lay off? I mean, I figure if we're just going at it blind, we might be going into bidding wars with each other, which doesn't help anyone but the seller (sorry to any sellers out there). it could potentially lower the end price of the auction too. I don't know, just a thought.
I LOVE that idea! Good thinkin Brian. Why make eachother spend more than necessary.

So, that's denver, neukicks, dan, mayhem, tak, myself.......anyone else in our range? s_dubl?

I hear ya on the thrift store thing not generally being a constructive way to spend time, but Nike donates samples / PE's etc. to local thrift stores soI'd be making trips a litle more often if I was in the Portland area.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

sick.gif
), muhahahahaha
tongue.gif
ahh yes of course, I'm so used to you being a 12. so the all seeing ebayhemgatz is in the 11-11.5 group. who else?

what if we fam of the same size (in this case, 11-11.5 which would include neukicks, danloveuk, Cleveland222, who else?) set up a friend list or whatever in yuku with each other so that if there's something one of us really wants in an auction, we can hit the other fam and ask for them to lay off? I mean, I figure if we're just going at it blind, we might be going into bidding wars with each other, which doesn't help anyone but the seller (sorry to any sellers out there). it could potentially lower the end price of the auction too. I don't know, just a thought.
I LOVE that idea! Good thinkin Brian. Why make eachother spend more than necessary.

So, that's denver, neukicks, dan, mayhem, tak, myself.......anyone else in our range? s_dubl?

I hear ya on the thrift store thing not generally being a constructive way to spend time, but Nike donates samples / PE's etc. to local thrift stores so I'd be making trips a litle more often if I was in the Portland area.
laugh.gif
you guys are doing the right thing. Jay jones, a few others, and I used to have the same conversations years back so we just arent killing eachother on the same shoe

So, that's denver, neukicks, dan, mayhem, tak sz12, myself.......anyone else in our range? s_dubl?

I hear ya on the thrift store thing not generally being a constructive way to spend time, but Nike donates samples / PE's etc. to local thrift stores so I'd be making trips a litle more often if I was in the Portland area.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

great idea...and if a few of us are forced to take a "pass" then we'll know who to get at when we really want them as well as knowing the pricedeach other paid. I call this a form of "Targeting" LOL -Mayhem knows
roll.gif

Originally Posted by tak

nerd.gif

sick.gif
), muhahahahaha
tongue.gif
Hey...I just passed a bargain your way ( In hopes for a player price along the way) , you know the pair from the Bay Area? LOL
Indeed bro....thanks!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sdub is a 13 and tak refuses to put 11.5's(even if they run big) in hisstacks of 12's
eyes.gif
(OCD a bit?
tongue.gif
)

we could just use the FAM wiki page to get the size range for everyone....
nerd.gif

i definitely can't do any 11's.....which is why james' is enjoying a pair of "book of ones"
laugh.gif

this idea is:

definitely gotta keep it in PM's too cause.....u know....lurkers ( i see you Lu!!!)
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Lol as far as I know Jake is my only size 13 competition in the Fam
nerd.gif
anyone else? I really try to stay away from ebay unless I'm really looking forsomething, and/or have some extra $$ to blow on some kicks. Too many times I go just to browse and end up finding something I really want and spend $$ Idon't have
ohwell.gif

Wiki page is good, but I don't think its up to date, plus there's a lot of Fam that really isn't "active". You guys can leave comment onyour profiles, just make it so your comments are hidden so the lurkers have no way of peeking at what's going on.

I do like those Parras, but if I couldn't grab a pair for retail+shipping or at least close I won't lose any sleep. I'm just hoping thatcolorblocking options are similar so simple colorways can be made, maybe an extra option (hell even at extra cost, like a few extra bucks) to be able to addforefoot swoosh. Nike knows what to do, its just a matter of if they'll "Just Do It"

Peace Fam.

Oh and BTW...Lakers start the journey for #16 tonight
smokin.gif

I'm a 10.5-11 so I'd be down for the list. more often then not I am just trying to play catchup to you guys so it's not usually an issue though...

Word. Should we compile an e-mail database of the mentioned members?

Then we can just send out group messages for heads-ups, and to mark our territory? lol.

Originally Posted by s dubl

maybe an extra option (hell even at extra cost, like a few extra bucks) to be able to add forefoot swoosh. Nike knows what to do, its just a matter of if they'll "Just Do It"
YO....if they did that....i'd die....

Nice everybody
pimp.gif

Couple of pickups:

^Easily one of the most comfortable AMs I've ever put on.

And one of my grails....

I am pleased with the condition both of them came in. After a little de-fogging of the bubbles, they'll be good to go
tongue.gif

nice. are those first ones the tuned sirocco or whatever? and the second ones, what's the actual name? really nice colorway on those, always dug theMichigan colors.

oh yeah and guys, let's do the little list idea, I think it's easiest to do in yuku. you can go to your inbox, select "groups" on the bottomright, name the groups amfam11 or something, and then start adding the members. let's just all make sure we got all the right people. I just sent a testout, let me know if you guys got it (never used group email before on yuku).

Dont know if anyone came across this yet,

but NDC has images up of the retro silver AM 97s, as well as a new red/silver/black pair.

I remember hearin a new retro (sounds strange) release of the silver c/w would drop stateside eventually, this seemingly confirms it.

I kind of like the red/silver colorway also but I'll reserve judgement till I see real pics of the material used in the silver parts.

Neither pair has sizes available yet, both show "out of stock" but NDC always puts up pics with no sizes before a shoes actual release.

Just a heads up.

Larrivee--lovely 96's. those arent siraccos are they> i thought the siraccos had air all the way around. i should knowbetter because i have a few of em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom