====(Team LUNARlite) == (GRAVITY is our ENEMY!)====

picked these up over the weekend on saturday for myself and ended up convincing the gf to get a pair as well as I felt her shox were probably going to hurt her in the long run...plus i like buying her kicks (possibly so i dont feel so bad buying myself another gazillionth pair) lol

then she asked if i thought my bro would appreciate a pair and i ended up getting him a pair too just because they are running with me lately LOL

0f425afe9a3671f5ffa3fa8fb4ecaf07cea62f8.jpg

i had to change it up from the boring black and white and picked up some laces to add some color to them....broke necks today when the gf and I broke them out for a run with Nike Santa Monica Club Run (i think it was my orange laces that drew attention, but some did ask where did i get the lunar trainers from)
8f335604eba439471b2df46b32ef8b755c280d4.jpg
pimp.gif

forgot to pick up the electric green/volt oval laces so ill pick those up soon in addition to the neon orange and pink laces i got (pink was insprired by NWT's pek) haha

picked these up over the weekend on saturday for myself and ended up convincing the gf to get a pair as well as I felt her shox were probably going to hurt her in the long run...plus i like buying her kicks (possibly so i dont feel so bad buying myself another gazillionth pair) lol

then she asked if i thought my bro would appreciate a pair and i ended up getting him a pair too just because they are running with me lately LOL

0f425afe9a3671f5ffa3fa8fb4ecaf07cea62f8.jpg

i had to change it up from the boring black and white and picked up some laces to add some color to them....broke necks today when the gf and I broke them out for a run with Nike Santa Monica Club Run (i think it was my orange laces that drew attention, but some did ask where did i get the lunar trainers from)
8f335604eba439471b2df46b32ef8b755c280d4.jpg
pimp.gif

forgot to pick up the electric green/volt oval laces so ill pick those up soon in addition to the neon orange and pink laces i got (pink was insprired by NWT's pek) haha

ILLY, Drew! That's a real nice of you to provide their footwear! I converted about a couple of friends and fam to running in Lunars in the past year or so haha

How long are the NSM runs? NTSF has a Run Club too that I might run with this week to find out how it is.

ILLY, Drew! That's a real nice of you to provide their footwear! I converted about a couple of friends and fam to running in Lunars in the past year or so haha

How long are the NSM runs? NTSF has a Run Club too that I might run with this week to find out how it is.

hey ray,
its all your fault i started buying more kicks!! but these are well needed kicks so my gf can forgive you hahaha...but seriously you alone, the one man army, converted me to lunar running.

haha thanks! thanks for the tips, suggestions, and help!

as for the club runs with nike, they are 3, 5, 7, and even 9 (depending on how many if any want to do certain distances) i usually do the short 3-5....its well organized for the most part and its fun to have some other runners to motivate you to run a little faster or to just chit chat along the route. ive done them at NTLA and when nike had their run hit wonder race in LA a couple of years ago...i heard they are bringing it back. i know nike also does the women's marathon in SF (open to everyone) but yea its nice to have a good running group and its free. they usually provide drinks (water) or snacks depending on the location.

give it a try and let me know what you think.

so i emailed this nike running exec, whom i met during the first NTSM club run and asked about the lunar eclipse and he said that they are stiffer than the flys and he stated that he felt the flys would be the best given what im looking for for sprint and short distance.

here is what he said on the eclipse:
"Based on what you’ve described, it sounds like the LunarFly would be the best model for you. It’s got a really quick, lightweight feel but is still very well cushioned and offers good support. The LunarEclipse may not be the best shoe for you, as it’s going to be the most stable (i.e. designed to correct overpronation) shoe in our Dynamic Support line. It will be a bit heavier and a bit firmer than the LunarFly."

hope that helps anyone looking at the eclipse, ill still try them out and see what they are about since all the other employees at the store stated they were the bomb (im not sure if its the nike juice they drink but ill see for myself).

BTW Lunar Eclipse dropped today at NTSM in the grey/volt colorway (same as posted above by instapump) i was told yesterday about the drop but they were being secretive about it since there wasnt a release date for them...so if you are interested give them a call and they should tell you they have it...its $130 retail.

hey ray,
its all your fault i started buying more kicks!! but these are well needed kicks so my gf can forgive you hahaha...but seriously you alone, the one man army, converted me to lunar running.

haha thanks! thanks for the tips, suggestions, and help!

as for the club runs with nike, they are 3, 5, 7, and even 9 (depending on how many if any want to do certain distances) i usually do the short 3-5....its well organized for the most part and its fun to have some other runners to motivate you to run a little faster or to just chit chat along the route. ive done them at NTLA and when nike had their run hit wonder race in LA a couple of years ago...i heard they are bringing it back. i know nike also does the women's marathon in SF (open to everyone) but yea its nice to have a good running group and its free. they usually provide drinks (water) or snacks depending on the location.

give it a try and let me know what you think.

so i emailed this nike running exec, whom i met during the first NTSM club run and asked about the lunar eclipse and he said that they are stiffer than the flys and he stated that he felt the flys would be the best given what im looking for for sprint and short distance.

here is what he said on the eclipse:
"Based on what you’ve described, it sounds like the LunarFly would be the best model for you. It’s got a really quick, lightweight feel but is still very well cushioned and offers good support. The LunarEclipse may not be the best shoe for you, as it’s going to be the most stable (i.e. designed to correct overpronation) shoe in our Dynamic Support line. It will be a bit heavier and a bit firmer than the LunarFly."

hope that helps anyone looking at the eclipse, ill still try them out and see what they are about since all the other employees at the store stated they were the bomb (im not sure if its the nike juice they drink but ill see for myself).

BTW Lunar Eclipse dropped today at NTSM in the grey/volt colorway (same as posted above by instapump) i was told yesterday about the drop but they were being secretive about it since there wasnt a release date for them...so if you are interested give them a call and they should tell you they have it...its $130 retail.

Sup guys, found the PEKS but they are up a half size from what I normally wear, but for the price they are im thinking about pulling the trigger. Anyone have any experience having to go up a half size bigger?

Sup guys, found the PEKS but they are up a half size from what I normally wear, but for the price they are im thinking about pulling the trigger. Anyone have any experience having to go up a half size bigger?

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

are you running in them? if you are running shoes from my experience should have a thumb's width of space from your largest toe to the end of the shoe...however for going a half size up from that sizing it will be bigger (obviously) but the one problem i can see with running in them is that as the shoe goes up in size the fit of the shoe is looser thus you may run into blister problems as the foot may move around a lot more during your runs.

i do have one pair of nike frees that are half size bigger and i can run in them fine with no blisters etc but they do feel bigger so i dont run so much in them because it feels funny when i run for longer distances.

hope that helps! 

the easiest solution i can see with half size up is get those spenco insoles or wear thicker socks which can help fill out that space...but give them a try and if they feel fine then you are good, if not try one of those two suggestions.

good luck

are you running in them? if you are running shoes from my experience should have a thumb's width of space from your largest toe to the end of the shoe...however for going a half size up from that sizing it will be bigger (obviously) but the one problem i can see with running in them is that as the shoe goes up in size the fit of the shoe is looser thus you may run into blister problems as the foot may move around a lot more during your runs.

i do have one pair of nike frees that are half size bigger and i can run in them fine with no blisters etc but they do feel bigger so i dont run so much in them because it feels funny when i run for longer distances.

hope that helps! 

the easiest solution i can see with half size up is get those spenco insoles or wear thicker socks which can help fill out that space...but give them a try and if they feel fine then you are good, if not try one of those two suggestions.

good luck

Drew: Hahah you're very welcome! The Nike Run Club seems pretty cool. Would the Nike Running Exec happened to be named Ernest? I read usually his posts from a running forum (runnersworld) and relay them here. And it's cool to read that a Nike Running exec echoed my suggestion haha

J: I'll agree with Drew on that one.

Man, ever since I finished my first race in late July, I've been splurging my funds on nothin' but Lunars. After reviewing my purchases and bank statements the last two months, I've spent ~$430 on nine pairs
embarassed.gif
. Honestly, I'd never thought I'd be acquiring so many new-aged performance running shoes.

I just want the Electric Green Glides, and I could chill until the Eclipses get marked down or make it to outlets... and maybe a pair or two of Swifts (for casual wear) and another Fly hahaha 

Drew: Hahah you're very welcome! The Nike Run Club seems pretty cool. Would the Nike Running Exec happened to be named Ernest? I read usually his posts from a running forum (runnersworld) and relay them here. And it's cool to read that a Nike Running exec echoed my suggestion haha

J: I'll agree with Drew on that one.

Man, ever since I finished my first race in late July, I've been splurging my funds on nothin' but Lunars. After reviewing my purchases and bank statements the last two months, I've spent ~$430 on nine pairs
embarassed.gif
. Honestly, I'd never thought I'd be acquiring so many new-aged performance running shoes.

I just want the Electric Green Glides, and I could chill until the Eclipses get marked down or make it to outlets... and maybe a pair or two of Swifts (for casual wear) and another Fly hahaha 

Preciate the help guys!! I actually wound up calling Ontario Mills Outlet for these PEK's and they had my size
smokin.gif
. Not to mention the fact when I called the Orlando outlet originally, they only had a half size larger than what I needed and the Nike assoc told me it was $21.99.

So when I called Ontario Mills I told the guy Orlando had them for $22 and he put me on hold, called Orlando, confirmed the price and shipped them for $30! Post pics soon.

Preciate the help guys!! I actually wound up calling Ontario Mills Outlet for these PEK's and they had my size
smokin.gif
. Not to mention the fact when I called the Orlando outlet originally, they only had a half size larger than what I needed and the Nike assoc told me it was $21.99.

So when I called Ontario Mills I told the guy Orlando had them for $22 and he put me on hold, called Orlando, confirmed the price and shipped them for $30! Post pics soon.

smokin.gif

Awww Shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt

SMH at me jumping the gun.

Great Price

smokin.gif

Awww Shhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttt

SMH at me jumping the gun.

Great Price

30bmoo9.jpg

Another LunarTrainer for $24 shipped. These or a pair of LunarFly's will be my race day shoe for Sacramento.

-edit-

Lunar Eclipses are now up on NDC! There are two cws pictured (one men's and the other women's) that I haven't seen as well.

30bmoo9.jpg

Another LunarTrainer for $24 shipped. These or a pair of LunarFly's will be my race day shoe for Sacramento.

-edit-

Lunar Eclipses are now up on NDC! There are two cws pictured (one men's and the other women's) that I haven't seen as well.

They have arrived...

296mc6t.jpg

169gol3.jpg

xpvq51.jpg

30izzol.jpg

25f4uhd.jpg

I am taking these for a run tomorrow & I will do a write up on my blog with more pics. I'll let you know how they perform.

They have arrived...

296mc6t.jpg

169gol3.jpg

xpvq51.jpg

30izzol.jpg

25f4uhd.jpg

I am taking these for a run tomorrow & I will do a write up on my blog with more pics. I'll let you know how they perform.

No way Flint!!!!!!!!!! Stop the show! Cant believe you got them already, hopefully you didnt pay retail, if you did
smokin.gif

Did you get them from Nike or somewhere else?

Anxious to hear how they perform, they sure do look good!

RAY - how about this guy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom