====(Team LUNARlite) == (GRAVITY is our ENEMY!)====

So.....

Thinkin about snagging some lunar eclipse....the grey/black/neon soles are calling me, but the ohter color on ndc is kinda calling me too. Only looking to get one for now. Anyone have some decent pics of both? Or maybe one of you have pics of one, and someone else the other......

Originally Posted by Starbury84

i wish NDC or FNL shipped to canada

i would have a lot more lunars if they did

yes i'm mad
they wont, but people on here might.....
bouncingboy77 wrote:
^^^ check page 46 on this thread. here's the link: http://niketalk.com/topic/262078?page=46

i saw some eclipse's there from ptngina's collection. hope this helps!
yeah, it helped......make it more difficult to choose
ohwell.gif
. White blue pair looks much better in real pics. Went with the grey/black pair for now though...lets see how I like em and I might get the white/blue pair.

Lu/Crew + FAM!Much THANKS for the well wishes for the race!

*Warning! Incoming WALL o' TEXT

Two words that describe my performance.... MIAMI HEAT ('10-'11) (thus far) (i.e. so much expectations and a DISAPPOINTMENT). I get to the starting line stuntin' in my Red/Black/Volt LunarTrainers
roll.gif
. I saw about 10 pairs of LTs, but none in my cw
laugh.gif
. I also chose to rock MIA colored gear for this race. The weather was perfect, and I was feeling confident. Twenty minutes pass... the start gun goes off. There were about 7500-8000  racers (including relay teams) in all. Unlike SFM (my first race), I start making cuts through racers comfortably hard at a 7:00 minute pace. I'm feeling great with the "Guile Stage theme" playing through my phone/MP3 
laugh.gif
. I passed the 3:30 pace group, the 3:20 pace group, and I could see te 3:10 pace group not that far ahead. 

After I cross the 1/2 marathon mark, I slowed down to a 7:30 pace, which was okay. I tried to keep it up, but when I hit M20, I was at a 7:50 pace. After this point, I hit "the Wall", which I've never done before in an actual race, then again I've only run one race prior to this one. This became an ongoing theme for the next 5-6M
tired.gif
. Originally, I had three goal finishing times (A) BQ (B) 3:20 (C) <3:30. During the 6M stretch I gained SIGNIFICANT TIME. The 3:20 group passed me up, and, next the 3:30. Since I knew I definitely couldn't match my SFM time, I just shot for the next best thing... 3:40, and that was my finishng time, a WHOLE TEN MINUTES SLOWER than my first
frown.gif

With three times as many of training days than SFM (18 days) compared to 54, better fitness, one race experience, I thought I'd be a shoe-in for AT LEAST a sub-3:30. I guess NOT. Some things I did differently for this race, I trained with no gels just water (BAD
tired.gif
), I had a 24M training on 11/29 (6 days before the race (VERY BAD DECISION
tired.gif
), I only consumed one pack of Chomps during the whole race compared to six gel paks for SFM, and I paced this race so inconsistently. Now, that I look at it, I'll take this second race as a learning experience, and I'm determined to finish faster. My third may very likely be in the City of Angels
pimp.gif
! Training starts January 2011.

Pics tomorrow
happy.gif

-edit:
IMASOLEMAN: Right-Clicked and SAVED!
devil.gif

E: ILLY! I'm considering making those my October runners. I actually saw an Orange and Blue pair on Clearance (only one) at an FNL near the course, but it was 1/2 size smaller than what I wear. I HATE THAT!
mad.gif

Shaun: Thanks, FAM! I'll admit I'm a Laker Hater
laugh.gif
, but since the race is in LA, I'll be rockin' a Yellow/Purple pair or White/Blue
pimp.gif

Just chiming in... I bought my mom and grandma LG2s for Christmas lol they were jocking mine all fall so I figured I'd spread the love

big ups Ray. Props on just finishing, that should be a reward in itself. Its only your second one, so like you said...it's a learning experience. Third time is a charm
wink.gif

congrats on finishing the race ray.
smokin.gif

i'm quite sure with the observations you made with your race today will make you much more prepared for the next one. 
smile.gif

edit: that pic by imasoleman...
devil.gif

Congrats on the finish. It's a big accomplishment considering you've already done 2 in a year. I may be running the LA marathon also. I'm starting training in Jan and depending on how I finish, I may do SFM also since my cousin has been begging me to run with her. How did the LTs hold up? Did they bottom out at all?

Again THANKS for the kind words!

BB: I really thought I had this race down! With another race under my belt, I have a better idea of what'll work better for me.

Valv: The LTs held up fine! I actually developed a slight blister from on my small toe, which was unusual. Another thing I noticed was the LTs I wore today have a firm leather-like sockliner, and I feel they're better geared for 1/2 marathons. While the newer LTs with the softer mesh-like sockliner are more suitable for a full because they have slightly more cushioning around the ankles. Next race, I'll try out the "newer" LTs or some LG1s.

DOPE! I may run into on the course! As for SFM, it's a beautiful course! There's a lot of scenery around, so you'll be distracted and not feel as fatigued. It's pretty crazy that my best time was on this course considering that its elevation makes the race I ran today look like child's play. If you do end up running it, feel free to ask for any tips!

great job nonetheless ray!! definitely take it as a learning experience but man good time nevertheless. keep it up and CONGRATS!! im sure you've run more in your trainers than most of us COMBINED! haha

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

Now, that I look at it, I'll take this second race as a learning experience, and I'm determined to finish faster. My third may very likely be in the City of Angels
pimp.gif
! Training starts January 2011.
Originally Posted by s dubl

big ups Ray. Props on just finishing, that should be a reward in itself. Its only your second one, so like you said...it's a learning experience. Third time is a charm
wink.gif
what this guy said
tongue.gif

keep it up Ray
smokin.gif

Congrats Ray. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

After my first pair of LG's last week I instantly fell in love with them. Saw this colorway yesterday at the outlet and COULDN'T resist. I've wanted this color since the first time I ever saw the shoe but slept on it forever. Happy to finally have them.
happy.gif
I'll get the family pic this week. Been crazy busy.

x2_3ab5733

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Congrats Ray. 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

After my first pair of LG's last week I instantly fell in love with them. Saw this colorway yesterday at the outlet and COULDN'T resist. I've wanted this color since the first time I ever saw the shoe but slept on it forever. Happy to finally have them.
happy.gif
I'll get the family pic this week. Been crazy busy.

x2_3ab5733
best colorway of the LG1 along with the livestrongs IMO

Thanks for the kind word again, y'all!

CEBW: ILLY! Those are on high on my wanted list. I may purchase the Charcoal/Electric Green cw as a gift for myself despite a disappointing performance
laugh.gif

I was so disappointed with my performance that I didn't / forgot to take pics after the finishline
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

My small Lunar Fleet pics.  I pretty much rotate between all of these when running, except for the LWoods.  LEs and LG2s are used for runs around 10-14 miles.  Main for shorter runs and tempo runs are the LunarFly, LunarTrainer, and FreeRuns.  I had a pair of LunarSwifts and LunarGlide1s but had given them away to my bros when they raided my shoe closet.  

Back
Top Bottom