====(Team LUNARlite) == (GRAVITY is our ENEMY!)====

andreasbabz: I highly recommend LunarFlys for everyday running. Lightweight, great cushioning, and cheap. I have LunarGlides & LunarEclipses in my rotation, but my "go to" shoe is the LunarFly. The Eclipses and Glides I mainly use for long and slow runs (12-14 min/mile).

PhotoBlue & White/Red Eclipses are up on NDC. However, still out of stock, meaning they should be released very soon.

Slim: Nice! I really like the colorblocking on that LG2. If I ever see them on the low, they'll be robocopped! lol

Bama: DOPE! I love those! The midsole really sets them off

T: WDUP, homie! Thanks for passing that info here! After linking on that link... I spy new cws for the Eclipses!

707: I agree with NC!

AB: What 20V said! That's a nice cw for the Swifts! Volt midsoles on Lunars = Default WIN lol

Trying to give my "casual" Lunars some real PT.... Runman (see what I did there?
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
) LG1s for a Tempo6 to close out January 
2a4vka0.jpg

Originally Posted by 20valv3

PhotoBlue & White/Red Eclipses are up on NDC. However, still out of stock, meaning they should be released very soon.

so theres no mens gray/red cw coming? i guess im going with volts then

Originally Posted by ILLustRAYt

Slim: Nice! I really like the colorblocking on that LG2. If I ever see them on the low, they'll be robocopped! lol
YEa cop em 4sure!! im no runner. im expanding my kick game by coppin whatever is hot so those will be rocked with some levi's and a basic tee/graphic tee, lol!

Ray-Whut up bruh?! I see you still puttin it down.  Yeah, those new colorways are niiice.  I thought the red n white were fakes or something.  Been forever waiting on them to drop.  I saw the pics on the link and got pissed.  I realized they're just on the site meaning we'll get the real deal soon. 

I think I finally found some Lunars that I won't end up returning.
roll.gif

I hope these will hold up and be kind to my feet this weekend during my half marathon!

T: I'm doing pretty well. Yeah, man, those new Eclipses are DOPE! I wanted the red pair to be like the grey / blue pair that's been on NDC for a bit, but white is its primary color. I can't roll with white because it's probably gonna be a dirt magnet
frown.gif
... Now, I want to see a LiveStrong cw in them!
nerd.gif

Eric: I see you liked the Fly's the most lol! I just googled your race, and I didn't know it was this Sunday!
eek.gif

pimp.gif
Do you have a goal time for it?

Ray: Goal time!?!?!? LOL! I just wanna finish it without stopping! 
embarassed.gif
This was a last minute run, so I'm not really in shape to run long distance. I ran about 6.9 miles last night and was really surprised I actually ran  that much. My inner ankles and right heal started to hurt though at mile 4, so I'm concerned some what that it will happen on race day. Legs are sore alittle today. I'm hoping the lunarflys will prevent that from happening. Gonna try to run 8 or 10 miles on wed and see how I do then take it easy till race day. Any pre-race suggestions such as wrk out regimen and pre race diet? By the way, what was your times for your last two marathons?

You guys might want to check your local NR's.  Picked up a pair of Livestrong LG2's.  There were a lot of good sizes available after I left.  I went to the one in East Palo Alto in Norcal.  

Nice! You latest run is actually REALLY GOOD! I wouldn't worry too much about the recent pain you've been experience lately because, on race day and during the actual race, adrenaline and other hormones should block it out the whole way through. After the finishline is a different story though
tongue.gif
. Definitely try to get your last run in on Wednesday. Shoot for 8 or 9, but run it SLOW, so you can be comfortable with that distance during the actual race. If you can handle that without stopping, you'll be money on race day! The whole atmosphere will carry you. After that, maybe run another 2-3M at a SLOW pace on Friday / Saturday.

I'm still technically a rookie at the race scene, and I'm still learning and experimenting, but here are some tips...
PRE-Race
REST: Get as much sleep as you can to restore your system
FOOD: BINGE on complex carbs (pasta, rice, wheat, oats, etc). Stay away from protein rich foods the day before, as they take longer to breakdown, and you'll have an uncomfortable stomach during the race. Also, try using those energy gummies / gels on your last training run. If you like them, bring about 3 gel packs / 2 gummy packs on race day. They really help, imo.
STRETCH: Spend about 10 minutes stretching pre-run and post-run.

Race
PACE: Run comfortably ~3/4 (or less way) through. If you're feeling good and have a lot in the tank, pick up the pace.
PLAY MIND GAMES: LOL! It'll block out the thoughts of the mileage you're doing! Keep your goal in mind! Start counting down the mileage left at around M9
LOOK AROUND: Enjoy the atmosphere, look at landmarks, run in close proximity to pretty ladies, anything to keep you from getting bored!

My times...
SF
@Half - 1:46
@Finish - 3:30
I took it easy until M18, and turned it up. A cool debut race, imo.

SAC
@Half - 1:38
@Finish - 3:41
I took off from the start too dang FAST! I also consumed a lot of protein the night before (chicken) and not enough carbs, and I really felt the consequences around M20 on race day SMH. Now, I know...  I had HIGH hopes on BQing this race, but I guess not... 

-edit-
Neo: DOPE! I wanna check one out sometime this week! I may finally get my first LG2s
happy.gif
 How much were they btw?

Ray: I totally feel yah on everything u said especially the mind games and running along those sexy ladies!!! Funny u said that cuz a cute petite girl was running in front of me on the tread mill and gave me motivation to run longer and to pick up the pace cuz she was doing some mean !@@ incline jog on one of the machines!!!! I was like "damn, if she can do that, why can't I at least run 6 miles!!" 
laugh.gif

Damn, less than 4 hours on ur first marathon!!! That's freaken crazy!!!! Now, u just gotta get to 3:10 I believe to qualify for the "SUPER BOWL!!!"
smokin.gif

Ray - i lol'd at running in close proximity to pretty ladies, definitely works...i'm always motivated in the gym when a honey is near
grin.gif

finally stopped sleeping on this model and picked these up for $40....kind of mad i waited this long because this shoe looks great on foot, still not as comfy as the LG2's but better than the Elites IMO
smokin.gif

5406674452_6d0df53f93_z.jpg

Eric: Thanks! Just do that the whole race! Spot a pretty lady, catch up to her, spot another, and catch up to her, repeat 'til the Finishline.
laugh.gif

Justin: It really helps! WOW those look too DOPE, especially for $40! I'm itching to get at least one more Swift

FLINTGREY wrote:

I'll just say it right now...you will stash your LunarGlides once you try the Eclipses!  Such a comfy ride!

For me, Lunar Elite 2 LIVESTRONG

6p9hn9.jpg

So much softer than the Lunar Elite 1.

2gwxoc4.jpg

I'll give them a test drive at the gym today...

Haven't been in this thread in a minute...These are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Nice FLINT!

Originally Posted by NeoSole89

You guys might want to check your local NR's.  Picked up a pair of Livestrong LG2's.  There were a lot of good sizes available after I left.  I went to the one in East Palo Alto in Norcal.  
What's NR short for? I need me a pair of Livestrong LG2's.

Man I would love to know where you all get these great deals! I have nothing like that around my area lol

Good deal for those LG2. I thought I was doing it by copping some LG1's for 41 bucks
laugh.gif
. Anyways I posted these on the pick up thread and forgot to post it on here. 2nd pair of LT's (they're that good!) and my first pair of Elite 1's.

after first run in all the shoes i posted minus the eclipses the lunarfly's and lunarelites > the lunaracers and mayflys

Back
Top Bottom